Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

wormil posted:

My experience with my Bosch dishwasher is the same, word for word. I also have a whirlpool fridge but am less happy with it. The ice maker is poo poo and it doesn't regulate temperature. Attempts to repair it have failed.
My folks have had two Bosch 800's (2 houses, no issues with either!) and its what I'm going to go with too. Great units.

I'd suggest no door cabinets except the corner cabinet and all drawers. Its what my rentals kitchen and my folks new kitchen has and its fantastic. They bought a high end lazy Susan that entirely comes out of the cabinet and I can't say enough good things about it.

I apparently don't have the brand name on my phone so I'll ask them tomorrow. Its well worth the cost.

E: here we go. Diff brand same thing. http://mobile.kitchensource.com/lazy-susan/ha-541.32.445.htm

angryrobots posted:

I wish we had sprung for induction, but I don't remember there being anything near the $1000 range when we bought our glass topped Samsung 4 or 5 years ago.

It works well, and certainly better than the electric ring cooktop I grew up with, but eh.
They're still a substantial amount higher than a grand.

wormil posted:

Something to consider about refrigerators. I had a Samsung or LG, I've forgotten which now, at the time it was highly favored. Anyway, the warranty was 12 months. At 13 months it stopped working. There were only 2 authorized repairmen in the state of North Carolina so we had to wait almost 2 weeks for one to show up and he was an incompetent buffoon. Another 2 weeks for the other guy to come and he was highly competent but nothing could be done. Turns out the fridge had almost no replaceable parts so it's replace the entire thing or nothing. The company didn't want to replace it and we had to fight for a couple weeks before they finally gave us a full refund. The repairman told me that no brand is better than any other but that Whirlpool has parts that can be replaced. Well, that's true but we haven't had a working ice maker in 2 years and no one can seem to figure out why. They've replaced everything practically and it still doesn't work. It also doesn't regulate temperature so in the summer I have to turn the setting down, in the winter I have to turn it up or everything will freeze solid. I loving hate modern refrigerators.
You're making my dads argument for German brand more logical now. Plus Liebherr's look fantastic. And cost toooo much.

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU