Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

stupid puma posted:

I feel like a wallpaper accent wall can look cool but on the other hand I'd rather just stencil the design in with paint and be able to paint over it when my wife inevitably changes her mind.

My wife was talking about wanting to do this in the house we're buying and that's the same argument I'm making. Must hold the line against wallpaper, not one scrap shall cross the threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I own a house now. Painting cabinets: normal hassle or huge hassle? My wife wants to go from dark brown to off-white.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Thufir posted:

I own a house now. Painting cabinets: normal hassle or huge hassle? My wife wants to go from dark brown to off-white.

Qwijib0 posted:

Depends on if the doors are paneled, and if so how much. I redid my kitchen cabinets and painting the cabinets themselves was easy, but I ended up throwing away the old doors and making new ones rather than sanding/priming/painting them.

This is in progress and yes, it is a pain in the rear end.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

You can do rugs and it will probably help a little but I mean, people walking on wood floors above you is always going to be loud, kind of tough poo poo for the people below you.

What do you do on garbage day, just put bags on the curb? Sure you can get an outdoor garbage can for like $15 (though really this should probably be a landlord thing). Depending on where you live the city might provide cans and maybe yours went missing.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

My father in law took it upon himself to replace the fan in our half bath with a very quiet one and I didn’t think much of it at the time but now I think about it every time I hear our guests peeing.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

BonoMan posted:

But I also don't really give a poo poo what goes there. It's a tucked away closet and not really viewable to anyone. Do Lowes, etc just have like... returned/mismatched/lost and found sections where I can get cheap crap to put down there?

If you’ve got a Habitat for Humanity ReStore nearby, they’ll probably have cheap leftover materials.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I just took the crown off my cabinets and left it off. I dunno it looks fine.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Hot tip: you don’t!

(ymmv with codes/HOA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Man, I wouldn’t buy anything bigger than girl scout cookies from some rando that showed up at my house, y’all are wild.