Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

wormil posted:

Bug killer.

I'm sure some kinds are better than others but I just go to the store and buy what looks good, they all seem to work. About twice a year I spray the perimeter of the house and it is quite effective at keeping crawling insects away. If it were something like termites then you might need to get fancy but they sell poison for those too.

Just try not to get any on you. Remember, as somebody said in I think the TFR Cold War thread (or maybe the PYF nasty chemical thread), "the only difference between insecticides and chemical weapons is the size of the pest."

(In fact VX's predecessor was developed and briefly marketed as agricultural insecticide and turned out to be too effective.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Cithen posted:

Shifting the pest chat to a mammalian focus, anyone have suggestions on how to get rid of ground hogs (or maybe they're moles)?

VX, you're not a signatory to to "no nerve gas" treaty.

Liquid Communism posted:

Shoot 'em.

If you're in the city and can't shoot them, call animal control and get some live traps.
Or that.

Rotten Cookies posted:

Fill up the burrows with a mix of oxygen and propane. Ignite it.
Or that, if you're outside city limits.

If in town and can't use the above methods? Get a dachshund. Lil' fucker'll dig up your yard worse than the gophers, but they'll beat the airgun pellet to gently caress up the gopher.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

The gently caress you say? I apprenticed with my dad who was an HVAC tech since 1972 and never heard of this poo poo. Ammonia and propane-cooled systems, I know exist(ed). But CO2 sounds like a bad idea any way you put it.