Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Do wallpaper steamers not exist in the united states? I helped my friend remove the wallpaper from his old-people-inhabited house and we rented a steamer for €20, filled it with water and the whole thing came off like soft butter. Fill the tiny air holes in the underlying concrete and the surface was good to go. No tearing, no leftovers, no glue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

wooger posted:

Underlying concrete? Not sure where you live , but I think it's very unusual to have concrete anywhere in the walls in a house in the UK or USA.

Plasterboard, plaster or drywall over wood frame or brick/blocks is usual.
He lives in the ground floor unit of an apartment building, his walls are load bearing for everything on top of it. I live in :geert:, where either poured cement or concrete masonry units are common in multi-unit/multi-floor structures, brick-faced so it doesn't end up looking like a sadder version of the Barbican Estate (although those also exist).