Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

xwing posted:

Sort of. It's more a budget thing. Cheap builder homes will generally have them because it requires less finish work. Many also don't like to put their feet on cold flooring if they don't have a heated slab.

I for one like carpet. We've got hardwood and tile in our house where necessary, but in the bedrooms and living/family room we rock carpet and wouldn't have it any other way. Crawling around on a floor with kids on a carpeted floor is just so much fun and better than cracking things on a floor. I also can't stand when people have a nice hardwood floor then just put a huge area rug on it covering 90% of it up. If you were going to do that just carpet it (I know the rug on wood is a look in itself though) but to each his own.

I remember my Grandpa telling me growing up that only the really rich people had carpeted houses and it was always such a drat pleasure to just lay on it.

I can DEFINITELY agree that some people have the nastiest most disgusting carpet, but if you take care of it and shampoo it on the regular it can and does rock. Now if I walked into a house that was completely hardwood I probably wouldn't slap carpet on it no, but I maybe would in kids bedroom at least.

My 2 cents on popcorned ceilings: Every house I've ever lived in including my parents' house growing up has had them so it doesn't bother me, but I agree they are pretty ugly. I'm pretty confident in every place I've lived they were used to cover seams or cracks but thankfully in my current house it's purely cosmetic. I plan to scrape it all off one day for sure but for the time being I don't mind it too much.

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU