Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Earle is the character everyone just hates. He's smarmy, but he's smarmy in a way that makes you want to run him over with his own car. Considering that Cole is already a kinda crappy person, having a partner who's even less respectful of people and their rights and is openly corrupt just makes him an incredible jackass.

Earle is so bad he makes Cole look like the boy scout Cole wants to think he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

LivesInGrey posted:

If I've said this before, forgive me.

I'm a bit confused by the desk order. Modern American police hierarchy appears to have Homicide at the top of the peak with Narcotics and Vice a little below and all other divisions way below. So why does Cole go immediately from traffic to homicide?

It's only in a couple of throwaway lines, so you probably missed it - but Cole actually goes from Traffic to Burglary, which was cut at some point during development, and we quietly time skip some time (a few months? I think?) ahead to when Cole goes from Burglary to Homicide. And I think someone makes an offhand mention of going from Homicide to Vice technically being a bit of a step down for Cole, but Earle had a use for him and pulled some strings to make it happen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...What's a wop? Guy said "I pay my cut to the Wops, and they pay their cut to the LAPD."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

If the best part of LA Noire in the facial capture they used then Roy is the best part of LA Noire. No other main actor in the game manages to make such good use of it. Being a smug rear end in a top hat isn't the most subtle role of course, and there are other characters that manage to do more subdued performances really well, but Roy just embodies smarm.

The most punchable face in gaming.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zerbin7 posted:

Aw, you didn't like Enrique and Bekowsky? Carruthers and Pinker are okay, too.

I wouldn't call Galloway a good person, but he was a fun partner.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God, Sheldon is such a dipshit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God, Courtney is such a loving idiot

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Courtney is demonstratively the worst person in this entire game. This update seals that. He deserved much worse than what he got.

Yeah. Cole and Earle are pretty lovely, but they're both at least conscious of their shittiness in their own ways. Sheldon is just unfathomably short sighted and lacking in self-awareness.

Anyway, I didn't post much, but I've enjoyed this LP the whole way through. Thanks, Bobbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xander77 posted:

I have no opinion on the whole "Roy: rear end in a top hat or supreme rear end in a top hat" argument, but the "unjustly accused" bit he was doing at the funeral really gave credence to the notion that the initial plan was to accuse Cole of an actual freaking crime, like the morphine heist.

They did. Adultery was an actual, literal crime during this time period.

• Locked thread