Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A friend is asking me that he wants to make a tanky class probably from swordsman. I told him that all the later circles are damage oriented right now and that being a primary tank character in this game isn't necessary. Is there a tanky combination that he could use that still doesn't fall off completely in damage later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Gibbo posted:

Why did Klaipeda win when Orsha has twice the votes?

I'd imagine in typical goon guild fashion, because a clique decided to ignore the poll completely and make the call themselves. Splintering before the servers are even out must be a new goon record.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

A friend is asking me that he wants to make a tanky class probably from swordsman. I told him that all the later circles are damage oriented right now and that being a primary tank character in this game isn't necessary. Is there a tanky combination that he could use that still doesn't fall off completely in damage later on?

All he needs is one of the two shield classes that give block and maybe the one shield class with an aoe taunt.

I did the whole spear shield to cataphract thing and it wasn't horrible. I don't know what I would of done past cataphract.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I voted for Orsha but if its true that the BRs are going to roll there then I'm fine with us rolling in the Klap.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Yeah I don't particularly care I'm just also trying to herd a bunch of other non good idiots.

They should have named one of the servers Prontera just to gently caress with people.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I voted for Orsha but if its true that the BRs are going to roll there then I'm fine with us rolling in the Klap.

There will be people of all nationalities on both servers, without a doubt. The casual bigotry is getting kind of silly at this point, though.

That said, I don't particularly care where we roll, as long as it has a good population size. Klaipeda was being favored by Reddit last I checked, so the community should be pretty big.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
silento has been the cheerleader for this game back when goons in the irc channel had 5 people, if he says Klaipedia thats where im goin

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I have no strong opinions about on what server to play bad korean anime grind game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
just get the klap, who cares, hail satan

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Who the gently caress cares it is a server name lmao. All that matters to me is that we settled it and it's in the op so there's no confusion.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
op why are you always playing f2p kmmos are you in hell and this is your punishment

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

op why are you always playing f2p kmmos are you in hell and this is your punishment

Leveling up a Vit Dancer in Ragnarok Online sure felt like hell. I'm sure that compared to that, this game is purgatory at best!

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Dehumanize yourself and face the grind.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Demicol posted:

So I'm looking at the skill builder, how does it work if I start as a swordsman, branch into something that has a different weapon, then go back. Are the skills from the 2nd class now locked out? Or can you only have the 4 skills from your current class active?

Certain skills are weapon restricted, on tosbase it will show at the bottom of the skill tooltip. If there aren't any weapon types listed there are no restrictions. Even if you pick some skills that are mutually exclusive you can put a weapon in your switch slot and the game will autoswitch if it has to. HOWEVER, you will lose the swashbuckling/finestra buffs if you switch to invalid weapon types so don't go hoplite if you want to use a sword.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sophism posted:

Leveling up a Vit Dancer in Ragnarok Online sure felt like hell. I'm sure that compared to that, this game is purgatory at best!

look at this guy who didn't have his guild powerlevel his support classes

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have no strong server name opinions so long as things gel together like a poring.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Is there a build where I can just summon tons of pets that ruin the framerate/visibility of the UI for everyone?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Blazing Zero posted:

just get the klap, who cares, hail satan

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

fencer. look at lolilicker's public build for reference on tosbase.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

look at this guy who didn't have his guild powerlevel his support classes

This guy who didn't just triple client power level his own alts.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

fencer. look at lolilicker's public build for reference on tosbase.

that sounds like a questionable person to take advice from.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

dipple posted:

that sounds like a questionable person to take advice from.

Clearly he's just a connoisseur of all things lollipop.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Steam updated and you can now download a big patch.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never played Ragnarok Online, so the OP's comparisons to it are lost on me. What sort of MMO is this? End game dungeons, lots-of-alts, pretty princess, pvp, theme park or sandbox, korean grind/RNG fest... what's the focus?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ciaphas posted:

lots-of-alts, pretty princess, korean grind/RNG fest

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Er. Dumb I am

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I never played Ragnarok Online, so the OP's comparisons to it are lost on me. What sort of MMO is this? End game dungeons, lots-of-alts, pretty princess, pvp, theme park or sandbox, korean grind/RNG fest... what's the focus?

you should go download a client to play on some random, 255/255 exp/droprate server and bask in the beauty and the glory of ragnarok online

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

It's grindy but it's grindy in a Diablo way, not a traditional MMO way, with the gameplay style, so it's really not that soul-crushing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Hello, Saviors.

We regretfully bring you the news that due to some technical difficulties that occurred while trying to get our servers up, the launch is getting delayed a bit. It seems that the recovery process would take about 4 hours, but we will open the servers as soon as the issues get resolved.

Again, please accept our apologies for the unfortunate event. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

:negative:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

never take time off/stay up for an mmo launch, no matter how big or small!!

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Ahaha.

A crash before launch even starts. Wooow.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
They delayed launch and sales by a couple days and couldn't use those days to actually test? Massive RIPs.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
announcing a 4 hour delay 15 minutes before intended launch was a fuckin masterful move. kudos

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Rip.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
I have become the top broadcaster on Steam by streaming the login menu of this game set to kpop.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
DING 280

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Glad I slept before this, knowing full well either this or the inevitable immediate server crash followed by maintenance would happen.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

is this game good/should i get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Sacro posted:

I have become the top broadcaster on Steam by streaming the login menu of this game set to kpop.

better content than most of the top-rated twitch streams, looks like its time to get a donation tracker set up

• Locked thread