Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Did not realize I was that far off the deep end. :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
So if I need to hit Class level 15 to advance out of my current circle, does that mean I need to put points into crappy skills I won't use in the end before I can advance?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
FYI for the thread, the answer to above question is "only if you don't plan on taking another circle of that class again"

Zo posted:

My favorite part of RO was complete garbage monsters having a 0.01% chance of dropping something awesome, potentially making you an instant rich man. Anything like that here? Or can i safely vend everything i don't use?

this game is kinda fun and relaxing.

Old post but this is a thing in ToS now. DPK drop system was removed and you luck into them now

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Caffeine IV posted:

So if I need to hit Class level 15 to advance out of my current circle, does that mean I need to put points into crappy skills I won't use in the end before I can advance?

the points won't go anywhere, you can allocate them whenever

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=920

Some huge plans slated for this year. All of this sounds good?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:yeah:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Feed me that rank reset and I'm good

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

now's the time to get in because if you horribly gently caress up your character and they're worthless at r8 you can just fix it all this summer! wowzers!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is good and 1 is the time my beta install of ragnarok online on my old gateway computer wouldn't let me progress past the novice class, how is this game?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is good and 1 is the time my beta install of ragnarok online on my old gateway computer wouldn't let me progress past the novice class, how is this game?

I was a founder's pack buyer. I made it maybe like two weeks in. It wasn't good.

I came back within the past two weeks and they've made a lot of strides to make the game more user friendly and playable. Pop is down a fair but but I can still reasonably get into dungeon queues, they've changed the spread of dungeons to make leveling more palatable, and they've added new content (hunting grounds or something like that). They've also optimized the game a fair bit, it ran like dogshit on my pc before and now it runs better.

I'd say it's in a pretty decent spot. I wasn't having fun before, now I am. The combat is pretty fun, the art and music are great, lag is minimal and I haven't encountered any crippling bugs. If you can put up with a few grind spots it's good. I haven't hit cap to say if it's good at the top, but I'm enjoying the journey at least, and I can't say that about a lot of MMOs these days.

One of the biggest features of the game may be a bit of a complaint depending on the type of player you are. That is, the class system. It's definitely possible to make characters that are almost worthless at cap if you do zero research. On the other hand, a lot of the individual classes are fun and it's cool as hell to make unholy abominations of combinations and just enjoy the journey. The information to making good character is out there, just the average person doesn't want to research their video games, which is understandable.

I would give it like a 7 or 8 myself. It's fun and has some interesting systems but still needs a little love and care, which it seems to be getting this summer.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
So I am also​ a founders pack sucker. Thinking about checking it out again. Good to hear they've improved the experience.

Does anyone have a pyro build they use that they'd recommended a returning player?
I wanna start a fresh character.

Also I have a swordsman. Around lvl 100. Swrd>pelt>hoplite>hop2. How should I continue this char till they give the class reset? I figure probably dragoon. But I'm not sure

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Silhouette Wires posted:

So I am also​ a founders pack sucker. Thinking about checking it out again. Good to hear they've improved the experience.

Does anyone have a pyro build they use that they'd recommended a returning player?
I wanna start a fresh character.

Also I have a swordsman. Around lvl 100. Swrd>pelt>hoplite>hop2. How should I continue this char till they give the class reset? I figure probably dragoon. But I'm not sure

you can probably just go into cataphract and dragoon?? i hear lancer isn't very good. I'm not an expert but if you're just wanting to level up til reset then that should be okay. cata seems fun

for the pyro build I see a lot of Wiz1 Pyro 3 Link 2-3 Sage, with an option to either take 3rd link or pick up another circle. If you do that, you want to actually go like... Wiz>Pyro>Link>Pyro>Pyro>Link or something similar to that. Having the links will increase your party kill rate far more than you rushing pyro 3.

Even if you're not an agny wearing monster, Linkers are super valuable! Especially if you aren't a big baby who is waiting for THE PERFECT LINK every time. Until recently I thought the cooldown on joint penalty was like 1m+ because people used it so sparingly, but then I had some linker in my dungeon just spamming it every time it was up. catch 3-4 dudes, murder them, move on. It's really short actually!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, Pyro with Agny is super strong DPS, I have one at the tail end of rank 5 and it's fun. It's a Pyro/Chrono instead of Pyro/Linker though.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
So agny is an amulet for pyros yeah? How much are those? Or do you have to farm it? Prob don't have to worry till lvl 100 ish anyway

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My Miko is 211 so I started making a build guide based off my experiences: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/x0lobsg7uw/

Silhouette Wires posted:

So agny is an amulet for pyros yeah? How much are those? Or do you have to farm it? Prob don't have to worry till lvl 100 ish anyway

You can't use it til 120. I think they're like 1.2m on market or 700k for recipe.

e: For anyone considering playing come join us in the discord listed in the OP!!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 8, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Silhouette Wires posted:

If you have a hoplite you can do a lot of cool things with it.

hop2>hop3>doppel1>dragoon2 is a typical dragoon thing, it's the #1 choice for non-mounted spear users because in addition to great damage it also debuffs for other melee party members. also hoplite3's spear throw is fun to use and can hit hard if you have a Geras Spear

hop2>corsair1>doppel1>dragoon2 is an acceptable alternative as corsair has a cool party buff and it can ranged root people in PvP with iron hook

hop3>cataphract3 is basically sonic the build (uses Trot and Rush) and is the #1 popular setup for mounted spears I think.

lancer isn't great now but currently it's maxed at circle 1 so it could get plenty of buffs late this year with rank 9. I have a hop2>cataphract3>lancer1 that i just have as an alt for high level dailies

There's an old build with hoplite2>corsair1>fencer(x) that tries to exploit spear lunge to make fencing damage even higher but that turned out to be unncessary, because fencer3's epee garde buff is so ridiculous that it makes most low-rank classes irrelevant (this could definitely change from the major combat rework coming this year). Barb3's probably the class of choice for fencers, now (due to War Cry attribute).

you could even do a great shinobi build that wields spears like hop2>corsair1>doppel1>shinobi>dragoon1 (no shield) or hop2>[peltasta2+3 or rodelero1+2]>shinobi>murmillo1 (people are warming up to this one because shinobi clones can use a number of shield skills that murmillo also boosts)

e: i just realized you could even make a corsair3 shinobi if you want to go full pirate ninja. dedicated dual-wielding corsairs are at least serviceable now due to pistol shot being good now and dual weapon assault too. dust devil has always been good though

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 8, 2017

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
How does being a mounted cata compare to being a dragoon? I'll prob not be getting into much PVP, so pve wise it's riding fun?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Going fast is always fun. Plus Cataphracts are decent at doing damage to PvE mob groups with the relatively long reach of two-handed spears + Earth Wave + Doom Spike + Rush. They're not stupid damage bossing champions like geared doppelsoeldners or fencers but they're still a valid party member for most content

Dragoons on the other hand have all good attack skills like Dethrone, Serpentine, Gae Bulg, etc. they're a solid choice in general if you just want to be a Swordie and do Swordie things

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 8, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=925

New event for L70+ players. Rewards seem pretty legit.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Enormous changes up on the kToS test server. These are insane. There is SO MUCH game health in these patch notes.

kToS Test posted:

11/04/2017 - KTEST Live Maintenance (Kupole Server)

▣ Update on Battle Calculation Changes

【Summary of Battle Changes】

Log Scale Down Formula:
- The previous damage Calculation based on [ATK - DEF] has now been changed to the [Log Scale Down] formula.

Skill ATK & Ability Calculation Changes:
- Added Skill Count Method
- Some Skills functions have changed slightly and their performance changed to accommodate the calculation formula changes.

Attribute System Change:
- All Attributes have been Reset
- The silver that was previously invested has been converted into [Attr. Points] at a standardized rate. (1,000 silver - 1 Point). You may re-invest into your skills using the Attribute Point Payment system.
- Attribute points can be purchased from Class Masters, Some 'ineffective' attributes have been removed or changed to function with the skill it is associated with.

Item Stats & Transcendence System Changes:
- Equipment Item Damage + Item Defense has been udpated.
* Top, Bottoms, Gloves and Shoes now give the user both Physical and Magical Defense as their primary stats.
* The 3 kinds of Goddesses' Blessing Gems have now been fused into 1 Goddesses' Blessing Gem.
* After Stage 4, the attack power of Transcended gear is now relatively lower. However, the impact that transcendence on attack power is still strong.
* Character Level & Stat Level Values increased.

Hunting Ground Changes:
- Changes have been made so that Solo players can properly play in hunting ground maps suitable for their current character level.

【Changes to Battle Calculation Formula】

Changes:
The damage formula has been changed, and so other things will change as well.
- Skill values updated
- Attribute system has been changed.
- Item enhancement has been updated, Increasing the Strengthening Value for enhancing equipment, and reducing the costs for upgrades.
- Monster balance has been re-adjusted.
※ For further information, check with the TOS Development blogs, Values of the balance of the adjustments will continually change when patched.

Benefits:
During the Combat Changes period, the following benefits are available to saviors:
- Each town has a Support 'Kupole' NPC who will provide Rank/Stat/Skill Reset Items Daily to players.
- You are exempt from having to complete job quests, Job quests can now be completed instantaneously.
(tn: You can also change to hidden jobs)

Monsters:
The giant monsters that previously only appeared in Hunting Ground locations, have now been changed so that they spawn on regular maps and field dungeons too. The effects that display on the Enlarged monster has been changed too. ( They emit a orange particle effect now)
- Giant Monsters are now capable of using Holding & Debuff Skills.
- Giant Monsters summoned via the mobs that spawn a lot of monsters around the player after dying (the glowing kind) have their Health/XP/DMG/DEF set to half of what existing monsters have, and they do not drop items either.
- Killing these constant spawner mobs doesn't affect the drop rate of items.

Monsters:
- Monsters between levels 15~100 have had their experience increased.

Cubes:
- The cost of re-rolling cubes have been reduced and changed to the following prices:
- Molich Cube - [ 60k -> 20k ]
- Rafene Cube - [ 50k -> 20k ]
- Armaos' Cube - [ 50k -> 30k ]
- Red Lavenzard's Cube - [ 75k -> 30k ]
- Kalejimas Cube - [ 75k -> 20k ]
- Sicarius Cube - [ 50k -> 30k ]
- Attok Suspicious Box - [ 60k -> 10k ]
- Forest Cube - [ 50k -> 20k ]
- Sausys Cube - [ 300k -> 250k ]
- Violent Cerberus Cube - [ 50k -> 10k ]
- Noisy Mineloader Cube - [ 50k -> 10k ]
- Forest Keeper Ferret Marauder Cube - [ 50k -> 10k ]
- Kubas Cube - [ 50k -> 10k ]
- Burning Fire Lord Cube - [ 100k -> 30k ]
- Wrathful Harpeia Cube - [ 100k -> 30k ]
- Necroventer Cube - [ 100k -> 30k ]
- Glackuman Cube - [ 100k -> 30k ]
- Ellaganos Cube - [ 200k -> 50k ]
- Marionette Cube - [ 200k -> 50k ]
- Dullahan Cube - [ 200k -> 50k ]
- Prison Manager Prison Cutter Cube - [ 200k -> 50k ]
- Mirtis Cube - [ 500k -> 60k ]
- Helgasercle Cube - [ 500k -> 60k ]
- Rexipher Cube - [ 500k -> 60k ]
- Marnox Cube - [ 500k -> 60k ]
- Nuaele Cube - [ 600k -> 70k ]
- Blut Cube - [ 600k -> 70k ]
- Zaura Cube - [ 600k -> 70k ]

Rank Reset:
- When you use this item, it now properly returns the previous EXP and rank level that you had before using the reset voucher.

Hunting Ground:
- The drop rate for items in the hunting grounds have been changed.

Help:
- The Helping tool-tips have been improved further.

▣ Other Updates

【Additions】
Town:
- When creating a new character, you will automatically be made to start in Klaipeda's city side.
- You can freely travel between Orsha/Klaipeda via the Statue of Vakarine
- The Fedimian Mercenary NPCS have been relocated to Klaipeda.
- Appraisal can now be done via the Blacksmith NPCS in Orsha & Klaipeda

Team Warehouse:

The Team Warehouse has been updated.
- 5 Spaces will be available as storage by default
- The Team Warehouse is accessible even if you don't have a Token.
※ Items can be claimed/stored freely, however Silver Deposits require Token access.
- Token users get a bonus 10 spaces, resulting in +15 Free Slots in total.

Map:
- World Map & Exploration percentages are now shared across your Team.

Adventure Journal Rewards:
- EXP Card Rewards have been reduced to 2 as opposed to its original state.

Quest:
- Quest Information
Current : - The quest will be shown if the character has completed a sub-quest of the quest, or is on the same map where the quest is.
New : - When the character is within the range of -5 to +10 levels of the quest, it will be shown in the quest info window

Quest:
- Questing Conditions will change in all maps.
- Depending on the number of monsters spawned in an area, the quest's kill count will change.
- Increased the collection success rates on some gathering quests

Items:
2 New Rapiers have been added to the game.
- Black Horn (블랙 혼)
- Elga Rapier (엘가 레이피어)

Dungeon:
Castle Dungeon - The Silver dropped from Red Lavenzard & Armaos has been reduced. The amount of silver dropped from normal monsters has been increased.

Temporarily Removed Things:
- 4 Guild Raids & Earth Tower will be unavailable for a while. These have been pulled to have tests done to alter their difficulty, once the tests have been completed they will be available once again.

【Events】
Lada's Invitation - If you complete 7 Missions on this server, you will receive 500TP and additional rewards on the official servers (Ausrine/Vaivora), Further information can be found on their Event Page (KR) [http://tos.nexon.com/events/20170411/invitation.aspx]

▣ Bug Fixes

Archer:
Kneeling Shot:
- Fixed bug where Attack Speed would increase to abnormal rates whilst in the Kneeling Shot State.

【Graphic/Sound/UI】
Fixed visual error with the hoglan icon in the companion store.
Fixed visual error where you couldn't see your hair costumes when equipped with the Cockatrice costume.
Fixed visual error where you couldn't see the White Flower Hairpin when also were wearing a Gilt Helmet
fixed visual errors with Cleric's Alice Costume (M) that would appear when using gestures.
Fixed visual error with Cleric's Simple Color costume (f) that occurred after using certain gestures
Fixed visual error with Cleric's Simple Color costume (M), and some hair clipping issues.
Fixed visual error when attacking after using Finestra whilst equipped with the Natural Ponytail.
Fixed visual error where the Archer C3 Costume would vanish when using 'Call' Skill.
Fixed Visual errors with the Prince Wave Hair when wearing the Mirtis Helmet.

【Other Changes】
Fixed issue where you were able to retain the Stamina + defense bonuses when swapping equipped items.
Fixed issue that occurred with trading item stacks whilst not using a token.
The references of '하이레번' will be changed to '하이레이번' (Hayraven, Corsair Master)

Source Post: http://tos.nexon.com/testserver/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=34
Translation by Gwenyth @TOS Forums.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
TL;DR:
-Combat and stats been reworked in an attempt to make more class builds both fun and useful later on

-early grinding is faster

-late questing is less painful

-new event coming where you can freely reset classes and attributes without quests which is a great time to try hidden classes

-things that got broken with previous patches are getting bugfixed!

-game isn't dead on the international server that had always been open to China and Russia since early access guys, I swear

-maybe someday we'll even see a remake of the game like squareenix did with FFXIV to fix client stability and performance on wireless networks connected to non-South Korean infrastructure?????

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

TL;DR:
-Combat and stats been reworked in an attempt to make more class builds both fun and useful later on

-early grinding is faster

-late questing is less painful

-new event coming where you can freely reset classes and attributes without quests which is a great time to try hidden classes

-things that got broken with previous patches are getting bugfixed!

-game isn't dead on the international server that had always been open to China and Russia since early access guys, I swear

-maybe someday we'll even see a remake of the game like squareenix did with FFXIV to fix client stability and performance on wireless networks connected to non-South Korean infrastructure?????

Are you 100% sure that class reset means you can Miko without doing the long chain before it? You can do that unlock part without being class level 15 so you can unlock it right now. There is another part after the 10 hours of camping that is the too bad like every other class quest.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've always liked healing in MMOs; if I were to get into this game, is healing in it very fun?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

I've always liked healing in MMOs; if I were to get into this game, is healing in it very fun?

You basically face a direction press a button and make a ground effect that people stand in (and consume) to get health. There's a bit of strategy with positioning it so so it's easy to get to visible and not going to be in any AoE. I like healing in MMOs as well but you are going most likely also throwing some buffs totems and/or debuffs on things at the same time. I don't think there is a "only heals" guy.

Dedicated support is totally a thing, but because of solo grinding you'll probably want to throw something like Miko in for some damage. (which is quest that involves waiting on a spawn that is up for 10 minutes and respawns every 4-8 hours so you sit around watching TV to unlock the class hugely annoying). Miko does a ton of damage I'm often top DPS and just unlocked it, I'm sure it falls off at end game but I find it funny that I provide a ton of healing and buffs while also doing the most Damage (compared to pubbies who are probably garbage) just by throwing an arrow and making a holy circle of death.

Miko is also very late in the game so you'll know is you like the game before unlocking it, it's very much worth it and a fun class to add so you wont be disappointed if you get far enough in a character to consider it. If you aren't sure Sage doesn't have a quest to unlock and is very viable and what people used before Miko was released, so it's not like it'll break a support build to switch, also if you go Sage 3 you can charge people to change their sex.

If you are at all thinking about Miko Make sure you are a female character only females can be Miko (you can sex change to male after and keep the class at a sage if you care that much).

For reference I'm almost done with Miko and have 2 more classes to go afterwards but I'm over the hell that early game support grinding is in every MMO.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

pixaal posted:

Are you 100% sure that class reset means you can Miko without doing the long chain before it? You can do that unlock part without being class level 15 so you can unlock it right now. There is another part after the 10 hours of camping that is the too bad like every other class quest.

Someone on reddit said that on kToS test you can't actually go right into hidden classes without doing the quest. Subject to change I imagine.

I did Miko recently. It took me like... 6 hours. I did luck out a bit, you could certainly end up taking more. Parts of it were stupid. I've heard Shinobi is worse.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Healing in this game is generally either preventative (people take no damage) or leaving it up to other people to heal themselves. There is one 'active' heal that is closer to a traditional heal, and that is Mass Heal from Priest circle 2. Generally speaking this game lacks true tanks/dedicated healers. You've got damage and you've got support and they tend to splash a little of each in. If you take a second circle in Cleric, you're pretty much at like 80% healing capacity right there.

Here's a short breakdown of doing 'healing' things in this game. Cleric is basically 'the heal class', I don't think anyone else can even provide it, not counting Featherfoot's self healing/blood pool's minor healing.

Cleric: Everyone in this class has access to Heal. Casting Heal drops a tile that heals allies and damages enemies, and you can turn off the damage part. You get 1 tile per level in Heal. You also get access to Safety Zone, which is just a big square that people stand in to be immune to damage until it expires or runs out of hits. Cleric 2 is common because it doubles your heal tiles, gives a massive amount of hits to Safety Zone, and gives you Divine Might which buffs the party skill levels.

Priest: Has a defense buff in Aspersion, a group heal with Mass heal (% scaling + spr+int), can resurrect players, has an ability called 'revive' that prevents people from dying once. It also has Stoneskin at the third circle, which gives players a massive 4x Spirit + 400 Block, but that has the problem of being valueless against magic using targets.

Dievdirbys: Not really a healer, but it has Ausrine at circle 3 which lets people get a 20+ second immunity buff.

Druid: Not really a healer, but it has Sterea Troph, which makes a 10s immunity zone every 30s.

Miko: Not really a healer. You can remove debuffs from friends with your gohei, or buffs off enemies.

Plague Doctor: Not really a healer, but it has debuff removal and Healing Factor, which rapidly regenerates HP up to the threshold you picked it up at. It's really just a self heal thing or to drop on someone who is mobbing groups.

Kabbalist: Not really a healer, but has Ein Sof, which is again a more personal thing (you'll steal it for yourself most of the time) that lets you massively bump your max HP up and refill your SP.

Really it comes down to 'drop your tiles on cooldown, do buffing things or damage things, then shrug your shoulders when people die despite you having 30 healing tiles on screen that aren't poorly placed'. You won't be playing health bar whack a mole. At most, if you're feeling nice, you'll chase someone down and drop healing tiles on their head.

edit:

pixaal posted:

If you are at all thinking about Miko Make sure you are a female character only females can be Miko (you can sex change to male after and keep the class at a sage if you care that much).

Hey this isn't actually true, male characters turn into Kannushi. They're the exact same thing but with a different name/outfit. apparently I'm dumb!!!

Additionally, Sage is a R8 Wizard class. You're thinking of Oracle. I don't really understand the point of Oracle other than pissing off Kriv3s or Mikos and removing magic circles.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 14, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

edit:

Hey this isn't actually true, male characters turn into Kannushi. They're the exact same thing but with a different name/outfit.

I did Miko like 2 weeks ago completed the quest chain as a male and the trainer wouldn't let me advance she took my completed item and that was it. Got a sex change and she let me become a Miko. Might as well start as a female and save 800k!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

pixaal posted:

I did Miko like 2 weeks ago completed the quest chain as a male and the trainer wouldn't let me advance she took my completed item and that was it. Got a sex change and she let me become a Miko. Might as well start as a female and save 800k!

What the fuuuuuck. Looking it up apparently if you want to be a Kannushi you need to pay shitloads of money just for a different costume and class name. That's stupid!

e: Apparently Oracle's skills have really garbage descriptions and Counter Spell actually nullifies all incoming magic damage, period, if you stand in it. It still looks like an incredibly underwhelming class though.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 14, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

pixaal posted:

After checking again, your fears have been confirmed and you can not skip Miko or Shinobi quests, sorry to mislead the thread.

You can skip the extremely short Appraiser quest, though!

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Before I start playing and invest too many skill points, is there a viable solo build for priests or should I change classes? The story implications of being a priest in a setting where the gods have disappeared interest me but not enough to go through support grinding hell.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Double Plus Undead posted:

Before I start playing and invest too many skill points, is there a viable solo build for priests or should I change classes? The story implications of being a priest in a setting where the gods have disappeared interest me but not enough to go through support grinding hell.

When you say priest, do you mean the Cleric base class, or the actual Priest class which comes after Cleric? Clerics have numerous viable builds and a few trap classes (Sadhu is super bad, Bokor is mediocre). Priest itself is a support and a buffer that has okay soloing speed by stacking damage bonuses and autoattacking.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

When you say priest, do you mean the Cleric base class, or the actual Priest class which comes after Cleric? Clerics have numerous viable builds and a few trap classes (Sadhu is super bad, Bokor is mediocre). Priest itself is a support and a buffer that has okay soloing speed by stacking damage bonuses and autoattacking.

Yeah, I meant cleric base class, sorry.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Yeah, I meant cleric base class, sorry.

Cleric is overall a really strong base class. Cure and Heal do a lot of damage, taking a 2nd circle in it is basically the standard for healing/support. It's a wee bit slow for the early game but then picks up pretty quick. The only way to suffer as a cleric is picking bad trap classes. They've got some pretty strong builds outside of those, though. My cleric is in the 260s and it has been a pleasant experience leveling it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like cleric but if you are going full support cleric/priest/chaplain/etc you are going to go loving insane if you dont have the testicular fortitude to deal with 150+ levels of auto attack leveling.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

You autoattack to 50 and then level to rank 5 with a week tops of dungeon+mission running, and then you also never play Chaplain because it's garbage.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 30, 2017

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Is Monk a trap class or can I punch reliably solo?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Is Monk a trap class or can I punch reliably solo?

They just gave huuuuuge buffs to it in the past week. I don't know if it's good now. It wasn't before. The buffs seem pretty significant. Longer debuff durations and better damage.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

BTW if anyone wants a guild invite (on Klaipeda server) just hop on discord and say something. We have tons of slots because they more than doubled max guild capacity. Now I don't even need to kick people who haven't logged in in months! :shittypop:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I'll probably ask for one tonight ^^

What should I do with this trade restriction? Or how can I get to optimize my dude in the meantime if it's even worth it.
I have a new account for the level up event since my old account was only like lvl60.
I'm lvl100~ pelt3, I have an event weapon that's like 300dmg, and a second proc on it (I think), unsocketable of course.
Would farming something socketable be worth it, carfrisun still worth it at 100? Spending a couple bucks on hair enchants worth it?

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I just started playing the other day, and I'm having a pretty good time. But the resources for figuring out what builds are good are terrible. What's a fun Archer build that would allow me to have a good time leveling and doing some casual PvE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

I just started playing the other day, and I'm having a pretty good time. But the resources for figuring out what builds are good are terrible. What's a fun Archer build that would allow me to have a good time leveling and doing some casual PvE?

Very Short Answer: Archer>Ranger>Archer>Scout>Fletcher>Fletcher>Fletcher (that's only 7 ranks but by R7 you may have an idea of what you want for R8) or a Schwarzer build or some variant of it if you want to ride a mount.

Longer answer/class talk/suggestions:

Here's a few basic suggestions of things to look at or avoid. This is subject to change with the game combat revamp in summer.

Archer 2 is pretty commonly recommended because it gives you access to a significant crit rate buff and it's effectively 100% up time.

Ranger 1-3 brings some strong early game skill spam that falls off a bit later. A fair number of builds put Ranger 1 in because it has a short duration buff for damage that is good forever, and the early game skills help get past the low level hump.

Quarrel Shooter 3 is taken for a few specific auto-attack based builds. I don't consider it particularly fun to level; you will autoattack a lot.

Hunter is a big of a buggy mess but can be workable once you understand how to make the pet do what you want. I don't recommend it for new players. Has some nice utility and spammable filler if you decide to try it anyway. Very SP intensive.

Wugushi is a strong DOT-based class with some moderate length cooldowns (20, 25 and 30s on the big skills). It does have an extra material to worry about (poison pots), but it isn't prohibitively expensive or inconvenient. Wugushi absolutely murders bosses that aren't flying! Wugu is strong all the way through but hits a big power spike at its second circle.

Scout is very rarely taken to high circles. It is often picked for its simple but strong tool kit. Cloak and Flare Shot are really good!

Fletcher is strong but peaks at its third circle. It uses an extra resource (unique arrows) and I don't know how cost/weight prohibitive they are. If you're into comic books, think of Fletcher as being like Hawkeye with his billion different special arrows that do different poo poo.

Schwarzer Reiter is a mounted archer that is known for having some of the strongest AOE in the game. I can't say much more beyond that, you'd better off asking Sidesaddle Cavalry.

Falconer is very utility heavy, and you'll usually either see 1 rank or 3 ranks of it. It's notable for reducing enemy AOE defense so more targets can be hit by AOEs, or for making enemy hitboxes significantly larger for the same purpose. I'm unsure how their damage is; the few falconers I've played with seemed to do pretty solid damage output.

Mergen is only available at R8. It has a number of very high damage skills on long cooldowns. It's strong but needs support from a lower rank that has quicker cooldowns to provide filler.

I don't know poo poo about Rogue, Sapper, Appraiser, Sapper, Hackapell or Musketeer.

• Locked thread