Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anyone played, this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks guys. I spent this months game budget on Dark Souls 3 though so I'll wait till I beat that to buy it probably.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The XCOM games seem interesting to me but I always have hundreds of hours of various I played Fire Emblem games that I use as my strategy pick. I hope the next one they make is a console game

The new XCOM 1 was a console game and it was rear end. Don't put that evil on us.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Post posted:

It wasn't good but I don't think it had anything to do with being a console game

It had everything to do with it; they specifically had a really low squad size and map size because of the console releases

The expansion fixed some of that though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anything is better than the enemy never moving at all outside of terror missions until you physically see them, and then they get a free move into cover because console gaming FTW

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolguye posted:

they do still move out of view and they also still get a scamper after they're activated and loving lol you're an idiot if you think that's a console thing

that's a "hey this would be the easiest loving thing in the world if this didn't happen" thing

In 2 you get to set up some sweet as gently caress ambushes though so you get the best part of it

Xenonauts and the original XCOM are extremely difficult without having huge numbers of big HP enemies, or having the enemy always be in perfect cover

They scamper into cover because the developers wanted to keep the level exploration aspect but were too lazy to design good levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the exo suit guys were badass. It was also funny when you had people with full gene upgrades turn out to be psychics also.

• Locked thread