Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

sporklift posted:

What should I plant in this part?

If you like humming birds, and seriously who doesn't, try Hamelia patens if it'll grow in whatever state you live in.

You can catch and eat the humming birds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ChrisHansen posted:

Plant stuff you can eat.

Flowers are dumb, tomatoes are yummy

Squash would work really good right there. And squash is loving delicious

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Minimalist Program posted:

Here's the yard.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Questions?

nice jungle pic, now where is the yard?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

ChrisHansen posted:

Plant stuff you can eat.

Flowers are dumb, tomatoes are yummy

I want to get the soil tested first. Old house might be some nasty stuff in the ground. Also don't think there is enough light for tomatoes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good yards all around everyone. I really like my yard so I wanted to share it too.

It's a work in progress and please ignore my neighbor's shithole of a yard.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
That's a cool as heck yard.

Here's my yard again. It's pretty hard to photograph, because everything is so overgorown but there's like this whole second section behind the swingset + trees and its basically twice the size of what you can see here and I don't know if I have the mental or physical strength to hit all of it with my rake

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Can I swing on your wings set

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

No it's already cracked a little bit in the top beam because I sat down on it once and it's designed for kids.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Celluloid Sam posted:

:same:

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
I don't have a yard. I have a parking lot though!

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Unshaved Moose posted:

I don't have a yard. I have a parking lot though!

Post a picture of your drat lot, brother.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Celluloid Sam posted:

we'll use it when he's at work he'll never know :ssh:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I got this rake and let me tell you, it owns for beating the poo poo out of bits and pieces of nature that you somehow own:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gizmojumpjet posted:

If you like humming birds, and seriously who doesn't, try Hamelia patens if it'll grow in whatever state you live in.

You can catch and eat the humming birds!

quote:

firebush shrub
Firebush grows as a large sprawling shrub in Zone 10 and 11. In Zone 8 the plant dies back to return in the spring and assumes a more

lol gently caress off florida

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Good yards all around everyone. I really like my yard so I wanted to share it too.

It's a work in progress and please ignore my neighbor's shithole of a yard.

Way to be some kinda Persian or Greek immigrant who paves their yard and still calls it a yard

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Is there a slide 9r just swings I won't go down the slide I promise I just need to know if there is one

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Here's my yard again. It's pretty hard to photograph, because everything is so overgorown but there's like this whole second section behind the swingset + trees and its basically twice the size of what you can see here and I don't know if I have the mental or physical strength to hit all of it with my rake

That is a better picture of your nice yard. Sorry I blew up earlier.

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

Post a picture of your drat lot, brother.

It's dark, and the street light is broken. Only street light in the area that is broken, so it is a pretty goony parking lot

Thats the front

and here is the back, quite the sight, no? :unsmith:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Great yard OP, ignore naysayers who warn of ivy causing damage to your brickwork. Your masonry shouldn't have much to fear from self-clinging Boston ivy

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thanks for posting your yard op

naem
May 29, 2011

I don't have a yRd becasie I live in a city but I jog in the park and one time a saw a turtle (I have a maseters degree)

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Here's the yard.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? Questions?

Hello friend, that ivy is pretty but it's going to go under your gutters and shingles and gently caress up your roof and stuff. Pull it down! If you want whatever.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I don't have a yRd becasie I live in a city but I jog in the park and one time a saw a turtle (I have a maseters degree)

I haven't seen a living wild frog in years

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

ChairmanMeow posted:

Hello friend, that ivy is pretty but it's going to go under your gutters and shingles and gently caress up your roof and stuff. Pull it down! If you want whatever.

You're right. I pulled down a thick wall of the stuff on the other side of the house and it'd gotten up under the shingles and it took me all day to get out. :( If it'd been up to me I would just take it all down but the wife really likes it.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"Trim back the bush, make the tree look bigger"
--Otto the busdriver

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm about to buy a 52" hustler raptor sd that fucker is gonna own

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

jackyl posted:

I'm about to buy a 52" hustler raptor sd that fucker is gonna own

Heres a badass dog on your badass mower.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Way to be some kinda Persian or Greek immigrant who paves their yard and still calls it a yard

Bro it's called a patio. The yard is really big but I didn't take pictures of the grass because that's lame.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You're right. I pulled down a thick wall of the stuff on the other side of the house and it'd gotten up under the shingles and it took me all day to get out. :( If it'd been up to me I would just take it all down but the wife really likes it.

At least trim it at the top, she won't even notice and it won't damage the house unless you let it grow over.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
drat Fine yards. if I still lived in Hereford I'd take a pic of our old yard, that's older than america.

Lastever69
Mar 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Where's the picture?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Spray the ivy with roundup and plead ignorance. That stuff is the worst.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Death to the ecological catastrophe that is sod.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
sorry for the earlier ribbing, OP. i took time to reflect. on the one hand im not a big fan of the yard, but that is an athstetic metric [sic]. on the man hand that yard looks like a fun project. may your lawn cooler be eternally full of cold beers.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

sorry for the earlier ribbing, OP. i took time to reflect. on the one hand im not a big fan of the yard, but that is an athstetic metric [sic]. on the man hand that yard looks like a fun project. may your lawn cooler be eternally full of cold beers.

Sounds like a Miller commercial. :shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Sounds like a Miller commercial. :shrug:

its a first draft

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

its a first draft

Oh I get it, because draft beer lol.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh I get it, because draft beer lol.

yeah its an antenym

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah its an antenym

Ominyms are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Op your yard is cool as heck and I would chill in that hammock any day. The roofs look Scandinavian, am i wrong? Anyhow it's dark and i can't post my yard but maybe in the morning.

• Locked thread