Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
How do we get our soldiering to not suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Drill, baby, Drill

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Self improvement

our soldiering stat is so bad

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The British also stupidly and confusingly used two small arms calibers for long arms and made rifles for each caliber that were otherwise identical.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Antari are supposed to vaguely be the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, right?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

high speed low drag aint got time for armor

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cavalry do what cavalry do

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

it aint right, those other guys are stealing my war crimes

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

actual napoleonic war operational theory and practice:

open order skirmishers are tremendously hosed against cavalry unless supported by cavalry of their own or unless they have infantry in square to fall back on

infantry vs infantry is a perfect opportunity to use heavy artillery to blow some big holes in dense masses of guys. Heavy artillery isn't accurate enough to do much to horsey mans.

therefore use artillery to support the infantry while we back up the Experimentals

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

This is correct but THE GIRL is with the infantry. Split our force and send Caz to die heroically against the church hussars.

Er, how many guys in a squadron again?

Company sized formation, 80-120.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ParanoidInc posted:

wouldn't it be accurate enough to do damage to them while they're fording the river though? I can't imagine a bunch of extremely-heavily armored magic lancers would move very fast over a ford that seems to be that difficult

regardless, this seems like the best idea to me. artillery pew pew infantry, ride to the experimentals

yeah i kind of second guess that because artillery is a great way to hold a river crossing but artillery vs column is :sicknasty:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

oh well so much for my operational theories

The Experimentals know that the best way to stop horsey mans is to shoot the horses, right?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

These guys have come up with an innovative new way of committing warcrimes so obviously we should help them perfect their craft with our warcrime expertise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

dire change

why, in Q3 warcrmies were down over 17%! this calls for action!

• Locked thread