Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
ah but have you considered that non-whites might be literal actual monsters?

checkmate bleeding hearts, welcome to the real world :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If you let in all the gay, underage or female muslims then they'll just start sending all gay, underage and female terrorists.

Why do you love terrorism, libertycat?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

How do you even trigger the "I'm a huge prick" filter?? It seems pretty successful at attaching itself to terrible posts

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Laserface posted:

How do you even trigger the "I'm a huge prick" filter?? It seems pretty successful at attaching itself to terrible posts

Hope this help, hth.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Laserface posted:

Hot tip: quoting displays the post as it was before the filter kicks in, hth.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
The best filter is the one you get when you type s j w.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Never found a person who took scott adams seriously that wasnt a massive idiot

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Im scott adams and im here today to rip off and mangle the concept of memes

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What brought on the sudden out pouring of hate for an American cartoonist? It's not like we don't have enough :australia: ones to hate. Unless it was some sort of a thinly veiled insult to one of the libertine ubertrolls that infest us, in which case carry on.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Cartoon posted:

What brought on the sudden out pouring of hate for an American cartoonist?
LibertyCat mentioned him.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Laserface posted:

h-t-h without the -'s

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Worth pointing out that this guy is definitely a re-reg. I think we're being IWC'd. I might try a test:\

LibertyCat, what do you think about Tim Flannery buying waterfront property in Sydney?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Doctor Spaceman posted:

LibertyCat mentioned him.
Ah I see. You read a LibertyCat post. Apparently an all too common mistake around here.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
iwc is a better class of troll

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
IWC gave up to become a radio star

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Hands up everyone on 80K a year - YOU get a tax cut it seems. The other 80% of the population can continue dreaming.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I feel like I deserve a tax cut, I work hard unlike people who just bludge off centrelink

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Comstar posted:

Hands up everyone on 80K a year - YOU get a tax cut it seems. The other 80% of the population can continue dreaming.

Who-hoo, my wife gets a tax cut!

I'm just a bludging student with a part time job, so no tax cut for me (unless I actually get a job with my degree which isn't a million miles from possible).

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Comstar posted:

it's hard to give taxcuts to people that don't pay much tax in the first place.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

LibertyCat posted:

it's hard to give taxcuts to people that don't pay much tax in the first place.

Ah yes those below the $80,000 tax free threshold.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

LibertyCat posted:

I think Scott Adams has it right

lmao you loving idiot

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Is the May Thread ready to go?

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

That cat has seen some poo poo.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

That cat looks how I feel

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
vote 1 schickelgruber

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Hey cat tell me more about your sheltered upbringing on your parents farm

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
If the Greens want to win the senate seat in the ACT, they probably need to start their voter contacts.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Scott Adams supports Trump for president that's basically all you need to know

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

What brought on the sudden out pouring of hate for an American cartoonist? It's not like we don't have enough :australia: ones to hate. Unless it was some sort of a thinly veiled insult to one of the libertine ubertrolls that infest us, in which case carry on.

Scott Adams is a moron tho

Recoome posted:

actually

maybe we can stop responding to mass_effect.txt

:shrug:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

My favourite adams thing was his long range sex hypnosis

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/136330131311/hypnotizing-you-to-have-the-best-new-years-day

quote:

Warning: This post involves real hypnosis on the reader, and it is intended for adults only. Do NOT read further unless you have already read parts 1-3. 

You know I already told the bedroom-submissives reading this blog to obey my orders tonight and find a way to thank me. This group is quivering in anticipation and has my permission to enjoy the evening. You are my favorites. Be good.

For those of you who felt anti-aroused reading this blog series, I recognized your brain wiring as the no-by-reflex personality type, and in Part 2 I hypnotized you to NOT enjoy your New Year’s celebration, or the following day, with deeply satisfying orgasms. If you enjoy yourself sexually during this holiday, it means I am controlling you with my hypnosis, and this group doesn’t want that. So keep your sex drive to yourself. If you can.

Most of you have begun to feel the change. My email (Dilbertcartoonist@gmail.com) is starting to fill with stories from readers who have had spontaneous orgasms since Part 1 – because they feel my intention – as you do now. For perspective, about 20% of the public would normally respond to my suggestions immediately. The rest of you require repetition. And you are getting it.

Regular readers know that I used my background in hypnosis to accurately predict nine-out-nine political events in 2015, while most political professionals got zero right. That makes me the best political pundit of the year.

Actually, that probably makes me the best political predictor in the history of Earth. Nine out of nine – and none of the predictions were obvious or based on trajectory.

You might also know some of my back story, and wonder how someone can become a cartoonist with no experience, no training, and no artistic talent. The answer is that I did it the same way I predicted nine-out-of-nine political events in 2015. Persuasion is a learned skill.

This week I helped you focus on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s day. Some of you took that opportunity to plan ahead so you could improve your odds of an amazing and orgasmic send-off to 2015.

Some of you directed a spouse or lover to this blog series to make sure you are on the same page tonight and tomorrow. That also improved your odds, but you don’t yet realize how much. 

This week, most of you had multiple thoughts about the suggestions I put in your minds. Perhaps something in the environment triggered those thoughts, as I said would happen. Or maybe the thoughts seemed to come from nowhere. Your thoughts triggered small but automatic releases of happy-sex chemistry in your body, by reflex. Everyone is different, so you might not notice the difference yet.

Science tells us...

I cut a lot out and thats not even half the post. Theres a lot of comedy in scot adams :chloe:

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

Recoome posted:

I bet someone who grow up working on a farm could learn how to be a Starbucks barista (or whatever other ridiculous inner-city childhood job that's not "sheltered") way faster than vice-versa.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

Recoome posted:

LibertyCat's parents put him in charge of maintaining the bootstraps because he was useless for anything else, and here we are.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Lol interacting with people is haaaaaaard

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

LibertyCat posted:

Is the May Thread ready to go?

Yes, to the point where I accidentally put it up last night.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

And when the coffee took too long and a customer said, "They must have gone to the farm to milk the cow!" It might be true. Therefore I propose all lactating dole bludgers be hooked up to expressing machines in order to make milk for coffees. So that the supply of milk is closer to inner city cafes. Give the taxpayers back something already you scum.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I hear that with the right drugs even men can be made to lactate. Dairy for the dole.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

hand to heart

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Two university students being sued for allegedly racist Facebook posts have launched a complaint of their own, claiming the Australian Human Rights Commission discriminated against them because they were white heterosexual males.

Calum Thwaites and Jackson Powell are subject to a lawsuit by Queensland University of Technology administration officer Cindy Prior. They claim the AHRC breached their human rights by failing to notify them of the complaint against them for more than a year.

he two are demanding an apology from the AHRC, compensation for legal costs understood to already be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars and that the commission change the way it deals with complaints.

In the complaint documents their lawyer, Tony Morris QC, claims the two were "at all times treated by the AHRC with absolute, unequivocal and flagrant indifference, disregard, contumacy, hauteur, disdain, vilipendency and insouciance".

He argues they were treated in that way because they were white male heterosexuals who were not active members of any religious sect or trade union and were not generally politically outspoken.

The case stems from a May 2013 incident in which Ms Prior asked three students to leave an indigenous-only computer lab at the university, prompting one of them, Alex Wood, who is also being sued, to post, "Just got kicked out of the unsigned Indigenous computer room. QUT stopping segregation with segregation?" on Facebook.

The post attracted a string of comments, some of which were critical of the existence of the indigenous-only lab, including one from Mr Powell who wrote, "I wonder where the white supremacist lab is..".

Mr Thwaites has denied being behind a post referring to "ITT N-----s".

Ms Prior is not mentioned by name in any of the posts but went on leave following the incident and is suing the three students and the university for almost $250,000 in lost wages and general damages, plus future economic loss.

She later claimed she felt unsafe leaving her home due to fears of being verbally abused and was unable to return to work in a role requiring face-to-face contact with white people.

Her complaint was initially handled by the AHRC, which tried to resolve the matter through conciliation with QUT.

But the students were not notified of the complaint until just days before a final conference in August 2015, despite the matter being with the AHRC for more than a year.

The AHRC terminated the conciliation process a few weeks after that conference, paving the way for the current lawsuit and the students involved claim they were denied the opportunity to have the case thrown out while it was before the commission.

The AHRC has not commented on the case directly but says respondents are sometimes not notified of complaints at the request of the complainant.

It also said that it will sometimes ask an organisation, such as an employer, to notify individual respondents, and added that it was not uncommon for the organisation to negotiate a settlement with the complainant without the individual respondents being involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

AND NOW FOR THE COMMENTS SECTION!

"About time that we had a two way street on discrimination."

"The system is anti-white it seems."

"Shocked to hear that there is an exclusive class for a specific race."

• Locked thread