Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I took a quiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

The national definition of "free range" will require that hens have "meaningful and regular" access to the outdoors, and that the density of chickens outdoors must be no more than one hen per square metre (10,000 hens per hectare).
That seems pretty good to me

I mean apart from the manufacturing of animals for our consumption

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Frogmanv2 posted:

Thats nowhere near enough space for a chicken to scratch around in, and you can bet that the definition of "meaningful access" is going to be abused.
Yeah one square meter is gently caress all space :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Isn't this actually the slightly more humane thing to do if you have way too many chickens in the one place? Or they peck each other to death?

Obviously the solution should be to stop farming them or at least drastically decrease their density, but lol capitalism and all that.
There is nothing humane about debeaking

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
LibertyCat you should have a read into Colonisation's effects on Indiginous Australians and then look into the process of Decolonisation

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know any articles that outline what Asylum Seekers can currently apply for or are given visa wise depending on how they arrived in Australia? (or didn't)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

starkebn posted:

The answer is the borders are closed unless you're coming from white countries.
Nah they are closed unless you get here on a legit visa and then apply for refugee status, your hosed otherwise as far as I can tell

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LibertyCat posted:

Bowmore: If the animals were applying for a job as a tree surgeon that would be a fair test.
I don't think you get it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well there won't be any children in mainland detention after they've been deported to nauru

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's pretty lovely

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

I would like to think that this tax drama will lead to real reform.

Sadly phonehacking in the UK makes me pessimistic.
The 2008 financial crash led to one single person serving time, and nothing changed

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LibertyCat posted:

I was listening to a "please give blood" plea on the radio this morning, and a thought occurred to me - why not (as long as it is medically ok) make Centrelink conditional on being a blood donor?

You could set up donation centers inside Centrelink offices and make it part of the regular appointment. If you're unemployed you're not exactly short of time like most workers. The Red Cross would save money on advertisements and mobile vans. It could save a heap of lives with no real downside.
haha

you serious?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
LibertyCat is a vampire

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

open24hours posted:

Make it compulsory for everyone, same with organ donation.
what happens to people who can't? the stigma/discrimination increases

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Daily Telegraph are on the election campaign again going by the front page of the paper

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LibertyCat posted:

Greens plan to raise refugee intake to 50,000

This certainly won't hurt jobs and encourage people smugglers, resulting in more deaths at sea. How many terrorists will this bring into the country?
gently caress you, you are a piece of poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have no problems saying that to you because you clearly lost your humanity some time ago.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are we DDing yet?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hoping for a Labor gov with the Greens winning more seats than ever before

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you'll probably still get lag on fibre to the node, sorry man

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Skyrim is art, but not for the reasons you think it is

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have only good experiences in the three times I took a taxi

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They should have separate toilets, one for the clean people and another for those dirty pricks who piss everywhere and never clean it up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly think Bill would be more electable with a mullet

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skellybones posted:

There's probably a few million that they could save by cancelling some Aboriginal and Regional services.
They already did that

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like the rising sun logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

Bill Shorten may be a cardboard cutout but atleast he's solid in comparison to the wet paper that is this government.
agree with Anidav lol

• Locked thread