Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

LibertyCat posted:

They can demand sovereignty, insist that they never signed a treaty, and that the Australia Government has no claim - but if you can't pass your own laws , collect your own taxes and boot out everyone who isn't a "citizen" you're obviously not a Sovereign Nation. Recognizing the "Continuing Sovereignty of First Nations" (as NIRS announces each day) is ignoring reality. Actual sovereignty is a pipe dream.

Let's be blunt; when the Europeans arrived, they were not greeted by a collection of civilized nations. Australia was inhabited by illiterate stone-age tribes that could never have defended their homeland from any settlement by other groups. I wish it hadn't involved bloodshed but I don't see any feasible way the original inhabitants could have kept ownership of the continent into the 1900s.

"If they were real, they would have had the british legal/real estate system", is one of the worst and most abusive ideas in world history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Negligent posted:

we should all own guns to protect from home invaders, because if you can't defend it is not really yours.

If you don't have a gun, that guy breaking in and killing you for your TV is just taking what is rightfully his.

gently caress yeah i'll fuckin kill a man for my teev, fuckin' NUTCASE

Takin' a MAN'S FUCKIN HOT SEAT, WITH EDDIE

TO HELL

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

Since I could say the sky is blue and get dogpiled over it

Y'get dogpiled because you say terrible things that an idiot thinks

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

tithin posted:

Either he's here to discuss in good faith, in which case calling him a shitfucker is only going to harden his opinion to you, or he's here to argue in bad faith, in which case you're playing into his "auspol is easy to troll" narrative.

In either situation, you're loving up by calling him a shitfucker

gently caress 'im, no one's tryna fix his ideas, he came here and sucked and we told him he sucked

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

asio posted:

I'm so happy for you that you've found somewhere you feel validated, but keep the circlejerk to your side of the computer screen.

Are you happy?! That sounds SARCASTIC

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

Wiki has a ton of citations from Anthropology textbooks, but please feel free to update the page with your references.

Jesus CHRIST

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

tithin posted:

You know what I'm trying to say and you disagree, but you're choosing to insult me and my choice of friends.

All I'm saying is that you win more with honey than vinegar - because right now the unbridled hate I'm seeing makes me not want to be here anymore.

You can have conversations without ad hominems :smith:

:smith:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Skellybones posted:

Would a nomadic horde suddenly become civilised if they murdered everyone in a city, built a pyramid out of their skulls, and then lived in the city?

What colour are they and do I want their land

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

[Libcat Looks at literally the oldest traceable civilization in existance]

Hmm, no good

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

I was listening to a "please give blood" plea on the radio this morning, and a thought occurred to me - why not (as long as it is medically ok) make Centrelink conditional on being a blood donor?

You could set up donation centers inside Centrelink offices and make it part of the regular appointment. If you're unemployed you're not exactly short of time like most workers. The Red Cross would save money on advertisements and mobile vans. It could save a heap of lives with no real downside.

All of your blood should go in a bin

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Here is a thing

http://howlround.com/kill-new-play-deniers

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 11, 2016

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Les Affaires posted:

Lionhjelm wrote a piece in the AFR today proposing an alternative budget.

There is no such way this picture can be real, you are jerkin' my chain

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Pickled Tink posted:

I have to ask.

Can people who post facebook links either quote the content or screencap it for those of us who refuse to touch facebook. Quoting or screencapping also hedges against the comments being deleted (This bit also applies to twitter stuff).

It's a Facebook video, so I don't think that's possible.

Gist of it is, real dashing and gorgeous white supremacist Blair Cotrell does not like when women with colourful hair get photographed, because that's a Jewish thing or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Ettin posted:

If Turnbull claws the Prime Ministership from Abbott only to lose it to Bill loving Shorten of all people I am going to laugh until I cry

Hahahahaha

Can someone sum up the cool things in the last thousand or so posts for me? I ain't read before the last couple days. What happened with Libertycat?

• Locked thread