Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

"Force, my friends, is violence, the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death
[edit: nah]

DeathMuffin fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 3, 2016

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

hooman posted:

Why are white men the most fragile, thin skinned assholes imaginable?

I ask this as a white man.

Real answer? Because when you're accustomed to your status as a cis het white male never being a negative in anything or even something that you think about most of the time, any tiny trivial disadvantage that might come to your attention is so rare that it seems much bigger than it is.

I came out trans last year and it puts poo poo in perspective. Sure, I might have lost a fuckton of outward privilege, but the biggest takeaway is how much I retain for being white, educated and employed in a relatively open minded industry- poo poo I didn't even think about before

DeathMuffin fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 5, 2016

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

LibertyCat posted:

I think the big burly transmen in women's bathrooms will be greatly outnumbered by straight male pervs using it as a defense.

The nice thing about this is that we have up to 15 years experience in the US of trans people having the legal right to use bathrooms of their identified gender, with almost none of this happening. No, there's unlikely to be too many trans men in women's bathrooms. What there will be is many more cases of physical and sexual assault of trans women. But that's obviously ok, because we can't let the rights of the minority (not to be assaulted, and to be able to participate fully in society) be trumped by the rights of the majority (to be fuckheads about a non-issue that has been shown in practice to be a non-issue).

quote:

Call them Penis/Vagina rooms imo.

Are you volunteering as genital inspector? How the gently caress are you going to know?

DeathMuffin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 21, 2016

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

bigis posted:

Helmets should be mandatory for pooping.

No sarcasm,

This is the best post on the topic in literally hundreds of pages of toilet discussion in multiple forums.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

Frogmanv2 posted:

I used to date someone who suffered from generalised anxiety, and one of the ways it manifested was the near constant need to urinate.

Not everyone can just hold it for half a day.

And, the most popular anti-androgen used in transgender HRT happens to be a diuretic too. Just to make the whole thing even more difficult

Unrelated - moved to the US two months ago, so I've not been keeping up on Australian politics, but how the gently caress is Mirabella back?

DeathMuffin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 22, 2016

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

open24hours posted:

Can we bet on how long before he's arrested for performing a lewd act in a public toilet?

We should take odds on whether he gets a "research fellowship" at the IPA before or after.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

LibertyCat posted:

Welfare recipients, not people.

The skill in trolling is restraint.

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

LibertyCat posted:

I'm not referring to Bob who lost his job and needs a hand for a few weeks until he gets another one.

How's about Jane who lost her job and looks for one for 3 years but can't get one because there simply aren't as many jobs as jobseekers?

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

LibertyCat posted:

Ignoring the unprovoked ad hominem, how so? Admittedly I've never had to do unskilled work so my experience is limited, but I'm sure there will always be a need for people to sweep the floors etc. Please enlighten me.

There are not as many jobs for people as there are people seeking work. Not "there are not as many jobs you really want as you would like there to be", but there are not as many jobs as there are people seeking work. Like I know maths is hard, but sock puppets and butchers paper is hard over the Internet, so I guess we'll have to leave it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

Dude McAwesome posted:

in my limited experience, those guys operating at the very pointy end tend to have excellent critical thinking skills and don't drink the kool-aid. as a result they tend to be fairly self aware and intelligent (both emotionally and cognitively).

A friend of mine's dad was an SAS commander, very calm and intelligent with a subtle "seen some poo poo" vibe. One of his comments was that far more people fail selection on psychological than physical grounds.

• Locked thread