Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got the worst ending in steins gate. i have no fuckin idea what texts im supposed to look out for

i save/loaded to see what multiple responses were to one of them and he was a prick in all of the responses so thats not exactly helpful!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This won't end well :ese:

Broseph Brostar posted:

Real life is like an RPG if you think about it
It's not the permadeath that bothers me so much as the frequent XP loss

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Quest For Glory II posted:

i got the worst ending in steins gate. i have no fuckin idea what texts im supposed to look out for

i save/loaded to see what multiple responses were to one of them and he was a prick in all of the responses so thats not exactly helpful!!!
If you're trying to get the "true" ending you probably need a walkthrough, it's not super intuitive. All of the other endings should be fairly obvious binary choices though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

If you're trying to get the "true" ending you probably need a walkthrough, it's not super intuitive. All of the other endings should be fairly obvious binary choices though.
after looking at a flowchart apparently the game locked me out of advancing past chapter 6 initially and i'm not sure why. like i tried to manually send the dmail and then he said he couldn't. the second time i tried it it worked. no idea why it wouldn't let me the first time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CrashCat posted:

This won't end well :ese:

It's not the permadeath that bothers me so much as the frequent XP loss

It went well because I nuked the entirety of Mexico and they surrendered

Thanks for the help canada

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Also it turns out both the Dems and the GOP are in favor of abolishing term limits and elections

I'm learning so much

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

codenameFANGIO posted:

I blame the absence of Lady Naga for that

Seriously. Thank you, whoever drove her away.

oddium posted:

hitman 2 has some of the best levels in the series but it also has the snowy japanese levels which were trash. contracts had some good remakes of hitman 1 levels. blood money is consistently good and probably the best. all i remember of absolution was the polycount logo graffiti. i haven't played the new episodic one yet

Hitman 2's sneaking speed was so slow that you couldn't really sneak up on people unless it was scripted to have them stand with their back to you for a good while. I feel like that's the biggest difference between it and the future games, since Contracts sped up your sneak speed and Blood Money made it almost as fast as walking.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I feel like I've said this before, but the stealth in Hitman was always annoying to me because it was really iffy to know if someone could spot you or not until it happened. I think stealth just doesn't work for me if you don't have MGS-level indicators.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

dont post hjere

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it is now may, please migrate to the thread accordingly. thank u for your patience

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774186

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

it is now may, please migrate to the thread accordingly. thank u for your patience

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774186

It's not May here yet, you gently caress!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is this a Master System game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

glad u are here FAU. as u can see the may gaming chat thread is ready to go. no need 2 thank me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When it's May I'll sticky one of the May chat threads.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its been may for an hour and theres only one. ur story is full of holes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't like Stux.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i don't like either of these choices

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everybody make a May thread and only post in your own thread.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sakurazuka posted:

Everybody make a May thread and only post in your own thread.

Then sticky all of them.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I hope everyone is enjoying their last day of April gaming. I fired up San Andreas again and finally beat the loving follow the drat train CJ mission. Game owns. Sometimes I just run out and kill Ballas for fun.

code:
hello baller fucker
this is carl johnson
heres the deal.
if you roll up on the grove
i will find you
where ever you are
and break your legs
and thats a promise
my ducats now

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
All you had to do, was follow the drat train Electric Lady!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

WE ARE "CJ AND THE CHEESY VAGINAS"! ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR..!

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I swear to god there's a song on Playback FM that Yuzo Koshiro must have sampled for the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Electric Lady posted:

I swear to god there's a song on Playback FM that Yuzo Koshiro must have sampled for the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.

A Sega game with stolen music? :O

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

A Sega game with stolen music? :O

Even in the PSX era people were stealing music, which is why MGS had to change its theme song for MGS4 and beyond because the original plagiarized a Russian orchestra.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Even in the PSX era people were stealing music, which is why MGS had to change its theme song for MGS4 and beyond because the original plagiarized a Russian orchestra.

Yeah, but for whatever reason Sega does it more than most, at least as far as instances I'm aware of.

People loving hate the guy who told Kojima about that plagiarism to this day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I didn't realize the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors let you switch mid-battle

Already owned it on the Wii U, but I guess I don't regret buying it for the old portable now :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Weird, all the posts are blank

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I suck at the NBA.

Who knew basketball was hard.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Wow that's a lovely thing to say.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What happened to her? She was one of the most consistently not terrible people in these things.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I miss her. She was a great part of everyday discussion here. But hopefully she's just spending her time doing something more fulfilling that posting in this thread 24/7. I got probated for a week a few months back and it was a great week for me. But I don't have the strength to stay away...

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Golden Goat posted:

Wow that's a lovely thing to say.

She was a lovely poster and a lovely person, I'm glad half the thread isn't her pointless inflamatory and standoffish arguments about dumb poo poo or "doop de doop made me a sandwich and now recording LPs :keke:" Livejournal updates anymore.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Guy Mann posted:

She was a lovely poster and a lovely person, I'm glad half the thread isn't her pointless inflamatory and standoffish arguments about dumb poo poo or "doop de doop made me a sandwich and now recording LPs :keke:" Livejournal updates anymore.

All of this.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I personally prefer posts that aren't personal attacks against other posters.

The NioH demo is so loving sick. This the first game in awhile that the wait for is going to be painful.

Maybe they will have another demo before release, but 4 more days of this demo is not enough time.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Snak posted:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I personally prefer posts that aren't personal attacks against other posters.

:yikes:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sound like a great May discussion for the May Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mods, c'est vou please

• Locked thread