Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Instant Sunrise posted:

hello friends, this is the games chat thread for the month of april.

A good thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Phi230 posted:

Let's actually look at coke vs. No Man's Sky.

Where I live a half a gram of cocaine costs $30. A half a gram is enough for 4-5 lines and a few key bumps. That's enough to keep you high for roughly 2-3 hours depending how you space it out. The maximum one could do is about 1.5 grams so roughly 90$ for a maximum of 9 hours of entertainment. About 10$ an hour. This is all assuming a casual user with moderate to no tolerance. An actual coke head would be consuming more cocaine just for the same amount of entertainment.

NMS is 60, and even a short game offers 8 hours of entertainment. At 6 hours of play you would reach that 10$ per hour mark where it takes 9 (and a possible overdose) to reach the same mark with cocaine. With a game like NMS you're looking at 10+ hours of entertainment so you have a minimum of less than 10$ per hour of entertainment with the cost per hour going down as you put more time into the game, being that there is no maximum enjoyment.

So indeed playing NMS is cheaper than casually doing cocaine.

:allears:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mae posted:

What happened to the xbone shark tank thread?

Moved to cccc, under byob, and that removed all the "jerk detected" posts so I guess it got better... but don't worry, now you can slapfight in the hugbox/safe space for boners.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, EVE.

I know I'll leave.

A funny post from forum poster unfunny poster.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Jay Rust posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Dark Souls III, I hope this is permitted

Oh no! Videogames are now ruined forever.
:qqsay:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Golden Goat posted:

Stay far away from the community and you're grand!

UNFORTUNATELY HE ALREDAY SPENT TEN DOLLARS TO BE PART OF THAT COMMUNITY OF SPERGLORDS!!!!!! LMAAAOOOOO!!!!!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Actually it's a bit sad, but whatever, videogames are good, people. Even Dark Souls Borne is good.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, I like being a mod

Are you the mod that puts tits on crabs in skyrim or the one that just transforms spiders in bears in the same game?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

i won't be silent any longer: EVE Is Good

Too bad I recently doubled down on my allergy of MMOs but the Eve economy was top notch for the month I played and I still love from time to time to read about people playing it.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

In Training posted:

Im glad of every game I preorder because it ensures it will be available on Day 1. I missed out on Bayo 2 for a week at launch because of this and now i preorder whenever I know Im gonna buy a game

Lol if you don't buy digital on tyo... Oh right, it's WIIU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Golden Goat posted:

Oh it's for VR only :(

I can't wait to play all these terribleawesome VR games backported to 2d screens in year 201X+1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

10 - Animal Crossing. Jared hasn't played Animal Crossing in a long time. So long that there are weeds everywhere. It's been 640 weeks! Shaking trees can get the player rewards, like money or furniture, but sometimes - beeeess. Day ruined. You look stupid once they sting you, and the other villagers make fun of how ugly you look and how stupid you are for messing with bees.

No Donkey Kong 3 or Buzz Bombers.

• Locked thread