Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Good morning April games thread.

I watched the latest Feminist Frequency video and it was pretty good.

Do we have any April Fools pieces from game companies yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Kins posted:

The auto-embedding stuff is probably going to destroy this list, but...

*List-o-fools*

I like the ones that actually have stuff put into game at least.

Darius amusement park - Eh
Razer - Bleh
War Thunder - I would actually play that.
Wargaming Japan - Also would play
Another episode of Bravely Default - Cute art
Heroes of the Swarm Korea gets robots - Don't get it
World of Warships takes it to the tub - Would play
MSI reveals their modular mobos - Bleh
Minecraft gets trendier - Low hanging fruit
Shadowloo and the Mishima Zaibatsu - I feel this is Capcom making fun of themselves sorta?
Path of Exile - Standard E.V.E looking interface
Spike Chunsoft's - Cute
Arc System Works - Also cute
Splatoon - Also would totally play at those. Those stands are great.
Humble Bundle - Meh
King of the Monsters: The Movie - That's clever
Blizzard announce Hearthstone: The MMO - I thought Blizz were normally good at April fools.
nVidia - eh

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Motto posted:

They made the official website for an upcoming game look like this.
http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/

Reminds me of zombocom
I love it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's about minor antagonist Ominous Crowe, whose main traits are stuttering and being kinda evil.

I know. I've played the games. I was saying the art was cute.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

*sighs and stares at May 20th on calendar*

Cheer up! There's plenty to play before then.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It least I might be done with DS3 by then.

That's the spirit. I'm okay with some space between games i'm looking forward to. Means once I finish one the next good game is right around the corner.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I beat Undertale last night. loving rollercoaster ride beginning to end. I know I'm not saying anything new here, but it's really a game everybody should play at least once. If you don't like the art style, or the combat, or whatever, that's fine. But you should still play it once to get an experience that's wholly unique in gaming.

I'm just kind of bummed I didn't get the ending I wanted, since I doubt I'll have time to play all the way through it again anytime soon.

Unsurprisingly doing a rerun for the true ending takes like 2-3 hours since you know what you're doing.

Go back and get it.

Oh ignore all that if you mean the bad ending.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That reminds me I should split up my playtime between Dark Souls and MGSV when DS3 comes out.

Morning games chat.

This weekend I didn't play much due to outside events. We played Knights of the Round which was kind of a lovely beat'em up. Also played Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and that was more fun since I could just suplex everything to death.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

No, i'll burn out on one if I don't.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha what game is this?
Magus

:sterv:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If I find that game for like $8 or such I'll pick it up entirely because of citb's video.

I so certain that's exactly why/how citb gets all these games.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Only a week until game of the year 2016 releases

Ratchet & Clank

drat I need to get a PS4

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ratchet & Clank, Bloodbourne, Persona 5... what else is good on PS4?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah it's extremely gross. "I am the video game nazi man. That's my gimmick."

He's this super smug dude and somebody called him a nazi once and just decided to make that his theme.

He also makes plenty of masturbation jokes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Japan has an obsession with kit kat bars that I'm pretty jealous of. Witness:

I tried the Matcha Tea ones, they taste weird but pretty nice. So are the strawberry ones.

Morning games thread, I bought Hyper Light Drifter and Enter the Gungeon because I I have problems with money.

Also I didn't play them because I was too wrecked when I got home yesterday.

What's everybody playing and how are folks feeling?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I still haven't touched RE6 cause I want to run through all the RE games with the bf first to bring him up to date on dumb RE stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

RE is crazy enough that you really don't need to play the previous ones to enjoy any entry in the series. I just want him to run through REmake and RE2 with me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Welp my hard drive is hosed on my PC so I have to get a new one. Might as well get a graphic card upgrade while I'm at it.

I think all my Dark Souls Saves are gone now though. :(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Kins posted:

Dark Souls has Steam Cloud enabled, so your saves might be safe in the depths of some server farm somewhere?

Then the first game should be okay but pretty sure II doesn't have could saves so that's gone.

Oh I did get to play some Enter the Gungeon before it died though. It's good but for some silly reason in coop P2 can only play as one character while P1 can play as any of the four characters. It's a kinda silly thing to limit for coop.

They need to alter the RNG a bit since kinda frequently you hit entire floors where 3-4 chests spawn but there's no keys available at all on that floor.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 7, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Alphys and Mettaton are cool. Undertale is cool.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mettaton's ultimate form is fabulous and his boss fight is fabulous. Legs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's drat hard to talk about Undertale and not spoil it on people.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I only played Razor's Edge, aside from adding weapons what were the differences between it and the original?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I now regret asking.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

heres a clip of it (from before i had a good capture card so it's not very clear sadly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhnPJOvjyyg

IM JUST TRYING TO FEED MY KIDS

Jesus christ those devs have issues.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I should play Catherine. I think I have it on my PSN account.

thehoodie posted:

Is Dungeon of the Endless any good? It's on my steam wishlist for some reason and is now on sale.

It's good, like a weird rogue-lite with you managing a party, room defenses and power across each room.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's the same artist as the Persona games, right?

I love when those games have weird horror-esque boss designs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh, turns out I get a copy of The Division with the graphics card I ordered...

I really don't know if i'll play it at all.

E:Gross it wants me to sign up with UPlay

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 8, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh the Skeleton Lords! They were really fun! Really good music.

I intended to do a fun run with a whip against them just to see what they were like before doing a proper fight against them. Turns out the whip was good enough to take them and the Skeleton Crew out.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

i played through kotor again recently and i had a really good time playing as the rogue class and the jedi class that sets up stuns for rogue bonus damage rolls. me and hk 47 and zaalbaar crusing around the outer rim

I played KOTOR II a little while ago and man you could snap that game in two with force powers.
I ramped up Stasis and Wisdom on Kreia and Visas and all fights turned into them running in and spamming it constantly.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I've never played ninja gaiden is it harder than the ps2 shinobi? if you say yes I don't believe you.

Ninja Gaiden kinda bounces between bad hard and a good challenge.
Shinobi's just bad.

Also I'd like a week where we don't bring up dumb "controversial" stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ninja Gaiden's idea of "get good" is to abuse invincibility frames.

Wamdoodle posted:

So there would be no chat thread that week?
Sorry I meant more like I wish angry manchildren on the internet gave it a rest for a bit. It's felt like each week for the past while there's been something dumb they're stirring up.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 8, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nunchuck scythes are dope as gently caress.

Also that giant fuckoff sword that if you counter attack it can one-shot stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

is there a log you can upgrade into an extremely good wood sword in whatever one this one is

Oh yeah, it starts as a lovely wood sword but if you upgrade it enough it becomes this:

Wamdoodle posted:

Yeah, same but as sure as the sun will rise, angry manchildren will cause a stir. Like the sun though, it won't be eternal! :sun:
It's just that it's been like every week lately for the past while.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ninja Gaiden 2 was cool if really dumb difficulty spikes.

I didn't like 2 Sigma's upgrade system so I sorta prefer the normal version bad performance and all.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I shamefully like the insanely over the top gore in it.

I liked how enemies changed attack plans when they lost a limb.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It is tactical though, you sometimes may want to leave a limping enemy alive so you can focus on an aggressive other enemy. There's always a lot to consider in battles.

Nah that's dumb, once an enemy has lost a limb they're vulnerable to your big goofy insta-kill move. Always go for for the insta-kill since you're invincible until it ends.

It's super fun to just mash heavy attack and watch Ryu finish guys off one by one.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Awh man the Lunar Staff was so much cooler in the second game, the ends had spiked balls that were attached to a chain and spin when you swung and it was cool as gently caress.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ninja Gaiden Stories are always super stupid but they're fun about it.

Remember the mysterious emperor of the first game? Oh no turns out it was that chump you fought way back at the beginning of the game that you forgot about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Some chump, that guy kicked the poo poo out of me for so long when I first got that game. He's easily harder than any of the other early bosses. He'll straight up juggle you to death until you figure out how to fight effectively. Even then, he's pretty tough and can punish you harshly if you get greedy. I like how he's all buddy buddy with you after you just slaughtered fifty of his men.

Wasn't exactly talking about his difficulty as a boss when I said that but yeah he was a pretty good boss.

• Locked thread