Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
On my PS3, I have the entirety of Metal Gear Solid. (1,2,3,4,5, ground zeroes and revengeance - there are probably more but I'm not very knowledgeable with them).

I've played 20 or so minutes of 1, but it is difficult and I want to jump straight to Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain because everyone gushes about them and it is apparently set in my favourite decade. Should I just suck it up and play everything in order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I don't have peacewalker because I don't have a PSP. All these games come courtesy of a friend who didn't want them anymore and knew I'd never touched them. (2 and 3 are the HD remasters, 1 is his original copy from his PS). He's a good guy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It is decided. I am going to do my best to get through MGS1 and play them in order!

Also I am european so my HD remastered disc might have peacewalker on it! If not I'll play it when I get to it. It comes before 5 and after 4, yes?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

It was released after 4, yeah. I wasn't a fan, but a lot of people really enjoy it.

I know the chronological order of the games is a little whack, but I figure I'll get the best out of the games if I play them in release order because that's how those who love them experienced it.

Might make a start on MGS1 in a few. I am terrible at video games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just met revolver ocelot and goodness me he is a lot of fun. Though I accidentally blew up president baker because I put down c4 instead of using my socom thingie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Man revolver ocelot is kicking my rear end. Those bouncing bullets! Is there an award for dying more than twenty times? There should be.

Also my mgs2 and 3 hd remaster disc has peace walker on it so I guess I am covered there!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night, before I went to bed, I reached the point just after arms tech baker and used the codec for Meryl from the back of the game case.

That was pretty cool and I'm starting to get used to the dpad movement controls instead of the sticks. It's a really well made game.

It has taken me three and a half hours to do all this though. Am I about an eight of the way through?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

It's funny how in Red Dead Redemption they had to kind of cobble together a system to play those 2 specific songs at those story points. For some reason they couldn't just cue the songs up when you got to those points in the story so instead they were tied to you getting on specific horses, which would start the music. However if you got off the horse the song would stop. It was such a bizarre way of doing it.

This explains why I never heard that song. I got to mexico, was given a different horse and got annoyed it wasn't my awesome horse that I'd kept alive all this time. So I whistled for my horse and just rode normally into Mexico.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Man Vulcan Raven was tough. I got run over so many times. And what the heck where was the mine detector. I must have missed something. Also running through those beams was tough as nails. I'm glad I figured out what the cigarettes did.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Where are the thermal goggles? They sound useful but I don't have them either. I just ran around as a box in the nuclear warhead room and I'm surprised how well that worked.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

mgs1 is a cool fuckin game

I agree and would like to thank those people who told me to soldier on. I'm really awful at it, but I am having fun and thats always important to me. As long as I'm enjoying it, then I'll just keep sucking till things glacially improve.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Some games I love to bits and am convinced they were made specifically for me. That somehow the developers got inside my head and thought "Hey, VideoGames will love this! Let's make it that way!".

What I am saying is, Mass Effect 3 is my favourite and I really, really dislike Mass Effect 2. I know it's seen as a very strange opinion, but I played ME3 with all DLC many years after release and had the absolute most fun tying up my save game from ME1.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771772
Thread tag winners thread! Hooray!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Sweet, congrats to the winners!

When should we expect the new tags, VG?

As soon as I get admin confirmation! Then of course, prizes to those lovely winners!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I dislike Windows 10 a lot. I am glad it is only on my laptop.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

raditts posted:

What do you dislike about it? I've been using it for a couple of months now and there's nothing that I feel like I'm missing from Windows 7.
It's much more tolerable than that piece of poo poo Windows 8.

Only two things really bother me.

1) Constant updating and no way to properly turn that off.

2) The UI is the biggest turn off though. I don't like metro, any of the metro things (two control panels ?!) but the general look of windows borders and frames. I mod mine and I'd worry that an update would break it and render the whole system unusuable as it used to in 8. I use a Windows Classic based theme in 7. There's nothing like that in 10. I hate the stupid ribbon ui in browser windows. And too much space taken up with pointlessness. If I could I'd return to XP because the visual styles for that were amazing and minimal.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Unfunny Poster posted:

No, EVE.

I know I'll leave.

Please don't leave. I enjoy it as well!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread, I've been having a really good time this April mining rocks in Eve Online. It's been so relaxing that I feel like I am lying down.

I'm not very dark soulsy. I've not gone back to Dark Souls 1 since I mentioned it in the last thread. I guess one day it will just click properly and I'll play it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I can confirm I am having a really, really fun time playing EVE. I am just flying about going to random stars and mining asteroids. I know that's not enough for a lot of people, but it's absolutely wonderful for me!

EDIT:

As you can see!

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 15, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Red Dead Redemption 2?? Oh be still my beating heart!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This weekend I introduced someone to the Indiana Jones movies and to celebrate the fun we had we topped it off with some coop Lego Indiana Jones which turned out to be absolutely amazing!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It would be cool to have more Crash Bandicoot.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Was Crash Bandicoot a good character? I've never played the games, and my outside perspective was always that he was another animal mascot with tons of 'tude, totally rad, etc.

I enjoyed his nonsensical words, but it was the level design and platforming fun that I enjoyed about it. Plus those gems!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

No, his name is Tye, but they spelled it incorrectly.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

Apparently basically every single pro TF2 player was cheating?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q5z9nP0Fyw

LMAO

Good lord, this is crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good bye April, you were a great friend.

• Locked thread