Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

PantsBandit posted:

The second one goes up on the 14th so I'll just wait for that one I suppose
The second one is way better, one of the best platformers ever made even I'd go as far to say. The first one is still pretty decent but it feels more like a tech demo compared to the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ethanol posted:

I'm not sure this is actually possible you will probably die of old age before you beat them all
I've done most of it, I started back in September having only played MGS2 when it first came out (I still replayed it for this run) and I'm just now starting Peace Walker. MGS3 was far and away my favorite of the bunch.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In Peace Walker, is there any particular reason I shouldn't be fultoning every enemy? Seems like stunning them and then quickly fultoning is a good way to permanently remove them from the map, and thus you can save ammo doing so. My instinct is that I can dump dudes who suck into the mess hall or otherwise just outright release them if I have no room.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

you will run out of chutes for the hostages which are much more valuable if you get to like 2-3 uses left and haven't found hostages stop using them
Literally just as I posted that I just got to the first set of hostages with only one fulton to spare, so yeah that's a good heads up.

Then again I guess I can just tranq everyone since I only just now noticed that I produce some 30 bullets per mission anyway; I was afraid I'd drain my supplies of them super fast so I was trying to stun everyone which of course doesn't last all that long.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

raditts posted:

Since I haven't played the game since the first playthrough, one question just crossed my mind for y'all:
At the end of my pacifist run, the flower says something about going back to talk to Undyne I think? Are you supposed to actually go back and find her or is that one of those meta things that carries over to the next playthrough?
They want you to go back and get a letter from Undyne to give to Alphys, which starts you on the path to befriend her much in the same way you befriended Papyrus and Undyne. If you do this then you get the actual pacifistic ending, what you got instead before was essentially just a neutral ending. It's actually impossible to get the pacifistic ending the first time but if you do what you did you don't have to actually start over, you just follow that boss's advice and you'll finish it again pretty quickly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Learn to master the reset command, I think it's Select. It makes avoiding the boss attacks a lot more manageable.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some games/genres appear to do just fine with having basically just the same game getting released over and over, some don't. I know that if Konami released an IGA Castlevania just like the 6 on GBA/DS every couple of years in perpetuity with only changing things slightly each time I'd still buy them each time. Star Fox could very well be the opposite, though it really just seems to be that it's the huge gap between 64 and Zero that's causing the disconnect for people.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If a James and Mike video has a guest that's not Bootsy there's a pretty good chance you'll want to skip it. James is a pretty chill guy but man he knows some lovely people.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

axleblaze posted:

I really wanted to like KIU but being told that I needed to place it on a table and put in a stand to control it properly gave me Virtual Boy flashbacks and even then the controls still sucked. I really wish they just made a port of that game so I could just play it with twin sticks. Why the hell did they develop a twin stick game for a system that only had one? It's even weirder than them making a version of a game designed to show off the analog stick for a system that had no analog stick.
I tried a couple of alternate methods, like playing on a table or on a stack of pillows, and I hated all of them and eventually just bought the special stand by itself for like $10. It really is the best/only way to play that game IMO, still awkward but at least it didn't make my arms sore/tired from holding it in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Quest For Glory II posted:

i got the worst ending in steins gate. i have no fuckin idea what texts im supposed to look out for

i save/loaded to see what multiple responses were to one of them and he was a prick in all of the responses so thats not exactly helpful!!!
If you're trying to get the "true" ending you probably need a walkthrough, it's not super intuitive. All of the other endings should be fairly obvious binary choices though.

• Locked thread