Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CainFortea posted:

How much poo poo lasagna can you fit in your bathtub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

loving micromancer, holy poo poo I haven't seen that in a while

in other news I don't like cattes but thought you all might enjoy

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey as an aside from the yelling, did Fallout 4 have any SA/GSF references?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

How much Frankie can you fit in your rectum?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol at falcon thinking dj has the strongest claim to the corp name of goonfleet, not the corporation of everyone who left goonfleet after the thevening

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
what the gently caress is all this poo poo about, anyways.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

lol at falcon thinking dj has the strongest claim to the corp name of goonfleet, not the corporation of everyone who left goonfleet after the thevening

No you're ~The Imperium~ now, new logo and all. I'm pretty sure you willfully gave that claim up.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
so you're in agreement, nobody gets to have goonfleet either the name or the corp

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

so you're in agreement, nobody gets to have goonfleet either the name or the corp

I think that's what's happened, so yes?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Cimber posted:

what the gently caress is all this poo poo about, anyways.

The Gods stuck their hand into the sandbox

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

darius is still trying, falcon is still trying, so we aint done yet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

falcon's still holding out the prospect of still giving the name away just in a slightly less stupid way

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

falcon's still holding out the prospect of still giving the name away just in a slightly less stupid way

How would they do that? Give him the actual corp?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

No you're ~The Imperium~ now, new logo and all. I'm pretty sure you willfully gave that claim up.

uh no

imperium is the replacement name for the coalition to replace cfc (both of which are not in-game entities), we're still goonswarm and that name hasn't changed and won't change except to the extent we were required to by game mechanics

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

uh no

imperium is the replacement name for the coalition to replace cfc (both of which are not in-game entities), we're still goonswarm and that name hasn't changed and won't change except to the extent we were required to by game mechanics

No. You're GoonSwarm Federation, not GoonSwarm.

Please stop trying to create a revisionist history.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

uh no

Do you really want to argue that the Imperium and GSF are in any way distinct in The Mirttanis mind at this point?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

that's actually worse and dumber than name changing, the only way they can do this without it having crazy backlash is changing mechanics/policy to allow all stasised names to be reclaimed, and even then whats the definition of dead or in stasis corps because I can log in and do stuff in goonfleet

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

no idea, maybe his next idea will be rename goonfleet something less obviously hosed than "OldGoonfleet" or force-close the old corp

both are stupid loving ideas but so was this one, so maybe he'll stick his dick in that beehive again

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
maybe the TEN DOLLAR BOND that has nothing to do with being on sa despite being the entire purpose of the op can be goonfleet. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

2 Members! :D

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

My hero

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

5% tax? Hitler Mittani.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

evilweasel posted:

uh no

I'm just coming back after two years, why was the CFC renamed Imperium? I've never heard the actual reason for that

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

:3:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

I'm just coming back after two years, why was the CFC renamed Imperium? I've never heard the actual reason for that

making it more pr friendly

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Drythe posted:

5% tax? Hitler Mittani.

Is that too high? I don't even know what is right. I had it at 1% but I'm not really sure what to make it.

EDIT: I made it 0.5! :D

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

It has begun. :unsmigghh:

Also VG, you should lead your people on a Mecca by looking up a system called S-U8A4 and try mining crokite there and take lots of screenshots of it for me.

For uh... reasons. :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

if you ever get a notification about war being declared on you be sure to let us know

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Is that too high? I don't even know what is right. I had it at 1% but I'm not really sure what to make it.

You can make it whatever you want.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Makes it easier to market in various ways, like Daybreak paying your group to play their game/promote it, or a Kickstarter book etc.

Why they couldn't come up with a new acronym using CFC is beyond me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if you ever get a notification about war being declared on you be sure to let us know

I will do so! It would be good to have some helpful advice.

Siets posted:

It has begun. :unsmigghh:

Also VG, you should lead your people on a Mecca by looking up a system called S-U8A4 and try mining crokite there and take lots of screenshots of it for me.

For uh... reasons. :)

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cravius posted:

Do you really want to argue that the Imperium and GSF are in any way distinct in The Mirttanis mind at this point?

Considering the many hurfs and everything else he has said I'm more wondering how you can argue that point at all. GSF has no participation requirements, the blowup over the bee background...

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
why are we mad about this name thing again?
also where are that daruna guy? hes missing out on the recent developments.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

of course they are

the reality of eve is that we're great but we can't do it alone and need allies who want their own identity and they will get insulted if we name them goons

the whole reason we've been able to have an effective coalition for so long is we don't treat our allies like poo poo, and respect things like whatever their name is and such

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I'm delighted because I've been stuck proctoring an exam the past few hours and the explosion of posting has been a godsend

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

I will do so! It would be good to have some helpful advice.

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?
well there's advice and then there's "me and my friends would get to gently caress the poo poo out of whatever rear end in a top hat corp wardecced you"

s-u is where goonfleet functionally started and is in 0.0 space

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Having the word "gently caress" in your name doesn't scan well in articles. Also a bunch of pubbies in the coalition really like that hurfy poo poo. Gotta say that the imperium eagle with different alliance crests on the shield is a really good choice.

Over Reaction Coalition would have been best.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

nex posted:

why are we mad about this name thing again?
also where are that daruna guy? hes missing out on the recent developments.

Dunno, I was in GoonFleet since 2006 and I'm not attached to the name. I've always maintained it should have been goon squad. Does goon fleet have any fun references to the princess bride? Does it gently caress.

Goon fleet is garbage and should be left in the garbage.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

CainFortea posted:

Considering the many hurfs and everything else he has said I'm more wondering how you can argue that point at all. GSF has no participation requirements, the blowup over the bee background...

When "my people" became FCON and SMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i mean, theres the reddit conspiracy theories, but the basic reason is that mittens didn't really like the name and had picked it around the same time someone thought SOLODRAKBANSO[LODRA] was a great alliance name and the joke had kinda gotten old, and wanted something that he liked

i agreed with the change, and i've never really seen much of an upswell of dislike inside gsf or the coalition, more among the r/eve types

• Locked thread