Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

When "my people" became FCON and SMA.

fcon and sma have been part of why gsf was so powerful for so many years, regardless of what you think of them, and part and parcel of doing what's best for gsf has been treating allies well and working in their interests as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I will do so! It would be good to have some helpful advice.

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?

By pressing F10 and clicking on the relevant option, at least it works this way for me. Alternatively, use DOTLAN, a website with nice map-options.

And every system not having a real name is deeply unsafe. Except for some special snowflake systems who have names, but are still unsafe.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

well there's advice and then there's "me and my friends would get to gently caress the poo poo out of whatever rear end in a top hat corp wardecced you"

s-u is where goonfleet functionally started and is in 0.0 space

Ummm what about Red Hammer Industries or Yulai Financial? We can go deeper.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Is that too high? I don't even know what is right. I had it at 1% but I'm not really sure what to make it.

EDIT: I made it 0.5! :D

The tax rate is thus: when you and Rock get hassled by them Gurmistas in the asteroid belts and you shoot or your drones kill one- you get paid a bounty that magically appears in your wallet.

5, 10, 15% or whatever your corporation tax rate is set to magically gets deducted from that bounty and sent to your corporation wallet. For reference: the current tax rate for GoonWaffe which is the flagship corporation for Goonswarm Federation is 15% and has been since I started playing in 2011.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xachariah posted:

Ummm what about Red Hammer Industries or Yulai Financial? We can go deeper.

i said goonfleet and i meant goonfleet, fucker

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Orange Red Bull posted:

The tax rate is thus: when you and Rock get hassled by them Gurmistas in the asteroid belts and you shoot or your drones kill one- you get paid a bounty that magically appears in your wallet.

5, 10, 15% or whatever your corporation tax rate is set to magically gets deducted from that bounty and sent to your corporation wallet. For reference: the current tax rate for GoonWaffe which is the flagship corporation for Goonswarm Federation is 15% and has been since I started playing in 2011.

I think waffe has one of the highest tax rates in the Imperium

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

i said goonfleet and i meant goonfleet, fucker

You also said functionally which makes you wrong, bitch.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

well there's advice and then there's "me and my friends would get to gently caress the poo poo out of whatever rear end in a top hat corp wardecced you"

That is really awesome of you! I appreciate that.

Orange Red Bull posted:

Ah, this makes good sense and explains why my corp has 700k isks. Thats where the mission tax was going! :D

Libluini posted:

By pressing F10 and clicking on the relevant option, at least it works this way for me. Alternatively, use DOTLAN, a website with nice map-options.

And every system not having a real name is deeply unsafe. Except for some special snowflake systems who have names, but are still unsafe.

Many thanks! I might wait until my drone skill has trained so Rock can at least defend himself.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xachariah posted:

You also said functionally which makes you wrong, bitch.

no it doesnt you deaf piece of poo poo it makes me right because I was skipping all the bullshit that came before it :mad:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cravius posted:

When "my people" became FCON and SMA.

Coalition leader including members of his coalition when talking about the coalition? I don't get your point.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

nex posted:

why are we mad about this name thing again?
also where are that daruna guy? hes missing out on the recent developments.

I think it's some combination of a few things:

1) Pearl clutching at CCP showing some form of favoritism, however significant or insignificant it might be.
2) CCP doing something which numerous people tried to do for years and said would never be done.
3) CCP not bothering to consider the ramifications and response of their actions.
4) CCP's weird relationship with the player base of the game.

E: I would tag my guys sec status up to fight for VideoGames SA and Rock Venture Mining Chill Corp.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 26, 2016

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Goatman Sacks posted:

Oh hey as an aside from the yelling, did Fallout 4 have any SA/GSF references?

I don't think so? New Vegas had SA references in it because the lead designer at Obsidian is a goon (rope kid) - and he used the best references (Zyborne Clock). To my knowledge, the Lead Designer of Fallout 4 at Bethesda is not a goon and as such would not know the references to place them in the game.

If I ever made a mod for Fallout: NV you can be sure that I'd put something dumb in the game like a living protectron at the top of a staircase while there's a random dead body at the bottom of said staircase.

With regards to THE NAME, CCP Falcon being the ultimate arbiter of who has the best 'claim' is kind of a crock of poo poo, though. Up until this point, they entertained approximately zero claims - it's not like they kept a running list of claims and tracked who is the One True Goon who would receive the name. In addition, it's not like they said "we are holding this name in perpetuity until the One True Goon by the name of DARIUS Johnson comes to claim it". This was basically a very poorly executed favor to DJ for being a CCP employee, not because he had the best 'claim'.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?

Systems with a jumble of letters and numbers for a name are always null security space (0.0), which is about as unsafe as it gets. The rats in the belts are much harder to kill than in highsec and other players are free to shoot you with no repercussions, in fact its highly encouraged! S-U8A4 in specific is system in syndicate (an NPC Nullsec region) that is notable for being the only place in syndicate that fancy ores will spawn and has a chance (as utterly insignificant as it is) of spawning an officer rat! Its also the ancestral home of all goons in EVE and therefore is significant for ~reasons~. :eng101:
Groon does still live in syndicate and has friends in the systems leading up to the system if you ever did want to visit it though. They might also just shoot you because... well its goons in spaceships, would it surprise you?

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 26, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
fo3 had mittani and remedial in it

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

no it doesnt you deaf piece of poo poo it makes me right because I was skipping all the bullshit that came before it :mad:

nice meltdown

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xachariah posted:

nice meltdown

ty

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

nex posted:

why are we mad about this name thing again?
also where are that daruna guy? hes missing out on the recent developments.

He's probated until Sunday

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/akXDHAK.webm

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Elmnt80 posted:

Systems with a jumble of letters and numbers for a name are always null security space (0.0), which is about as unsafe as it gets. The rats in the belts are much harder to kill than in highsec and other players are free to shoot you with no repercussions, in fact its highly encouraged! S-U8A4 in specific is system in syndicate (an NPC Nullsec region) that is notable for being the only place in syndicate that fancy ores will spawn and has a chance (as utterly insignificant as it is) of spawning an officer rat! Its also the ancestral home of all goons in EVE and therefore is significant for ~reasons~. :eng101:
Groon does still live in syndicate and has friends in the systems leading up to the system if you ever did want to visit it though. They might also just shoot you because... well its goons in spaceships, would it surprise you?

I think if they see my username they might be upset with me, so I will wait till I go venturing out there!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Got my alt in the best corp in the game

feels good man

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Eve is just the gift that keeps on giving.

I don't even have to login to enjoy it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

so are they gonna change the "oldgoonfleet" thing in my corp history back to Goonfleet because this is loving stupid, and yes, im someone who cares about it

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Xachariah posted:

Got my alt in the best corp in the game

feels good man

:3:

Now there are four members! And I've figured out the whole title bestowing thing too :D

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CainFortea posted:

How much Frankie can you fit in your rectum?

Back when I was a newbie and had a weird fascination with the Stabber hull, I named all my Stabbers "HEEERE'S FRANKIE!"

As for the Goonfleet hubbub, I'm a relatively recent Goon, so I don't really give a gently caress, but I understand why people give a gently caress. I think it's just another example of CCP devs wanting to be BFFs with their user base, thinking with their gut instead of their head, and briefly forgetting that nearly any action by one's gut will inevitably result in a bit of poop somewhere. It's a particularly common failure mode for CCP devs who were hired from the player base, too.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

We were planning to refund all isk spent and sp trained in the now defunct Force Auxiliary skills along with this conversion. However we have encountered some complications that mean that we do not feel confident delivering this tomorrow. This will still happen in the coming weeks (Or at the latest by the next release). Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6457659#post6457659

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:ccp:

This entire patch feels super rushed and buggy :\

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

so are citadels live now?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tomorrow

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
lol if goonfleet can be transferred to some guy who hasn't been in it for 6 years but The Conference Elite (code. 's main corp) was literally singled out and blatantly told that "we will never do this for you, and will close all tickets without response," even though there are active directors in said corp.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cygni posted:

so are they gonna change the "oldgoonfleet" thing in my corp history back to Goonfleet because this is loving stupid, and yes, im someone who cares about it

should happen after downtime, it's already been changed back

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

lol if goonfleet can be transferred to some guy who hasn't been in it for 6 years but The Conference Elite (code. 's main corp) was literally singled out and blatantly told that "we will never do this for you, and will close all tickets without response," even though there are active directors in said corp.

no you see you only have a claim if you were once ceo for like a year then gave it up willingly

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

ullerrm posted:

:ccp:

This entire patch feels super rushed and buggy :\

So, just like every other patch then?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Hey also i'm not sure if anyone has noticed (this same problem happening to them) but I went through a bunch of my old petitions and GM Lelouch deleted the vast majority of responses from himself and other GMs. A lot of these things were me asking if a certain game mechanic was an exploit or not, so I'm wondering if I should re-petition these things or just let it slide?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Did anyone ever find out why loyalanon got banned?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ullerrm posted:

Back when I was a newbie and had a weird fascination with the Stabber hull, I named all my Stabbers "HEEERE'S FRANKIE!"

What's weird about it? Stabbers are awesome. They stab people.

Also, if time in goonfleet counts I should get it. My join date is earlier than DJs.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

fo3 had mittani and remedial in it

What references are those? I can't remember them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

evilweasel posted:

Not yet, or at least I haven't heard and I've been keeping my ears open. I suspect that right now that he's keeping quiet so that he doesn't bury himself with the Stunt Flores clause, perhaps hoping for a reversal.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

evilweasel posted:

He trolled both the Broadcast4Reps and Anti-Ganking channels ingame. He kept making fun of the eve player who committed a murder-suicide in front of the community the guy played with, and said anti-gankers are prone to murder-suicides because of that guy.

p hosed up imo, but i think he wanted to get banned so he just kept going deeper and deeper until he got what he wanted.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I might have my alt join your Corp so I can help mine space rocks with you, Videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Not yet, or at least I haven't heard and I've been keeping my ears open. I suspect that right now that he's keeping quiet so that he doesn't bury himself with the Stunt Flores clause, perhaps hoping for a reversal.

absolutely no chance in hell of a reversal at all. he is superpermabanned much harder than stunt flores. He was permabanned so hard one of his friends who had nothing to do with the ban reason was banned because of a 80b+ transfer of isk. He has received 0 response from CCP as well.

• Locked thread