Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So if I wanna do sword fleets, what should I spec into for frigates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

frozenpussy posted:

whatever you want :suspense:

Do you like my avatar? I like my avatar.

I just wanna blow up pubbies. Lets do this.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

don't kill my ratting ishtar plz

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm a girl give me isk teehee

spoilers: no

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Today is fireside chat right?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Well that was absolutely awesome fun. I went on a jaunt through space to find a Venture for 277,000 isks and then got safely home after watching the stars fly by. I was only supposed to play for twenty minutes and ended up play for an hour and forty!

Thanks to you all for the guidance, the donations (especially this) and being one of the most entertaining threads!

Tomorrow, The RockVenture goes out to fill its boots.

:allears:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Magres posted:

that video is pretty cringey and gross :(

That's her in the background, not sure what you mean. Like, other than xel talking and the overlay that's literally her own video she's made.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Drythe posted:

Their numbers are always good, they also love to feed titans and supers though.

Yeah this pretty much. I wish they'd stop that.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Oh of course, that makes sense! Yes, I think I'll continue my bumbling about the universe. I have got the mining frigate skill going and that will be done in 4 days. Currently 'Rock' is taking an age to fill the cargo container! 5,000m3! Yikes! So much space!

You should get an item like a Mining Laser Upgrade and put that in your low slot instead of the cargo extendeder. You'll mine rocks a little faster.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Strip miners work on a venture??

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Oh wait, does this mean my journey will be useless? I searched for mine in the modules stock window and the little icons say my ship can power it and I have the qualifications. Oh dear.

What did you actually pick up?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Goatman Sacks posted:

Welp I got banned from r/eve. Guess I have to post here more

How does one do that?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

vodkat posted:

And thats the exact sentiment that made me leave goonwaffe yesterday

You know you could just turn off jabber if you're not going to be playing eve.

also why are you using jabber except for eve

~my aol aim~

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So...are we moving out of dek or something? now we lost fcon? wtf

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I liked it better when I could get in a small gang to beat up another small gang that kept harrassing our system while we were trying to make money ratting, with the occasional fleet.

Now I just sit in saranen and wait for something interesting to happen fleet wise because I can't do any of that anymore. It's very boring, especially when FCs are like I want hackers/apocs/etc and I'm just sitting here like "well...I have this free slasher I could fly, and I guess I could fly a caracal..."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mederlock posted:

Train into interceptors, it's pretty quick and easy to skill into it and we're having a blast with sword fleets(at least in ustz). Caracal fleets always need the tackle too. And do you know what it takes to be a hacker? About a day of training infomorph psychology :getin:

Once you already have an interceptor like a claw trained, it doesn't take too much time to get skilled into a stealth bomber, which we definitely have a need of for siege fleets, bombing runs, and blops hotdrops on CO2 and co. Unfortunately this is what it means to be grossly outnumbered, you have to use fleet comps that can dance around their sickening numbers whole still being useful, whereas running BS fleets or Katrina fleet without being very careful about when and where we deploy them is absolutely worthless and would only serve to feed the enemy the guddfites they want (aka Imperium welps)

I'm just a little bit salty because I'm unable to make any income at the moment. Right now I'm training amarr fighters to 5 so I can fly a malediction because those look cool and can instawarp, but it'll be ANOTHER week or so for me to fly an interceptor because of the pre-reqs.

If we were flying rattlesnakes or ishtars, I'd be fine but I didn't train into any of this stuff at the bottom lol.

edit: and even if I wanted to, my "home stations" are all being camped by people afk stealthing, so I don't even know if it's safe or not. Which feels like some sort of videogame terrorism or something idk.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 13, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was thinking about this the other day, fozziesov sounds a lot like CCP instituting a thing for controlling territory that makes sense within the realms of the game. You have a corp who owns a couple of stations, a couple POS, and there's a few corps in the aliiance. Each of the corps tend to defend their own territory that they're stationed out of, and an alliance of corp owns a whole bunch of "land". Say deklein is italy, pure blind is france, and branch is sweden and tribute is germany or something. countries = corps, alliance = EU. If "the middle east" (for lack of a better example of an "alliance", though maybe USA would fit better here) decides to attack spain or something, then the EU stomps them down and defends their territory. This is pretty defensible. With the current mechanics, it would take owning that station, and have to be attacked all the way into reinforced mode. You then wait 2 days. If you beat it up again, it enters a free for all mode for 2 days. Then, if something still doesn't happen, it gets locked in for 48-72 hours or whatever it is to the next reinforce timer. etc etc (so potentially just keeps changing hands.) That's potentially a week just for Rome to be captured, only for it to be potentially captured again after a week.

Unfortunately, both sides are incorporating a "mega-alliance" pact, where one mega-alliance bashes on another mega-alliance. To take this analogy further, it's kind of like GSF is the EU and germany decided to secede except the soviets were allied with the germans, and the americans, and the chinese/koreans. So while EU is being romped on, sweden decides to gently caress off, france gives up, and italy basically bunkers down.

It works in my head, at least.

There's no in game mechanic to deal with mega-alliances, other than NBSI, and fozziesov seems poorly suited to handle those kinds of alliances. How are you supposed to defend all that land if you're spread out too far? I feel rather confident in saying that if MBC was on the other end of this, that they would be bitching and moaning about fozziesov all goddamn day.

I feel like the current mechanics would work out better for holding territory if there were either 1/4th of the systems in the game that there are now, or there were no such things as mega-alliances. (if GSF/MBC didn't exist)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

One of my coworkers is pro-mbc and thinks Mittens is going to stepdown at fanfest and disband GSF

I like how he thinks mittens is going to quit eve, he's going down with the ship

also I haven't logged in in a week, was kismeeter the guy who made the overlay?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 16, 2016

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

hrm, awoxing horde sounds like it'd be fun, i should do that

then i can read the report on /r/eve about how pandemic horde is growing exponentially and how amazing it is and chuckle to myself about how 50% of those people are actually goons

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

MYHEL has killmarks tyvm

did you try logging in?

Are you that guy on reddit bragging about his 12px size killmark on his hel

because that was funny

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Daruna posted:

awox the ratting thrashers :rolleyes:

who the gently caress rats in a thrasher lmbo

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So if I want to rat in peace for an income where should I do it?

- the question everyone really wants to ask

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

vulvamancer posted:

Drone renter corp isn't a bad idea. Most of the elite pvp groups require that you have your money making accounts separate from the alliance. That's why PL ratting carriers never die, they are dying in rental corps (or karmafleet). If you want to make money in GSF look up running missions near Saranen for now. Presumably exploration still works pretty well too.

exploration is loving terrible and will forever be terrible until you can "lock on" to targets with your probes instead of fiddling with it for ten mintues while you try to find out that the thing you're scanning down is a piece of poo poo wormhole instead of a relic site.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Ten minutes? Are using the right probes? It shouldn't take that long with core probes unless you have really bad scanning skills. Combat probes have a lower base scan strength so don't use those for probing pve stuff.

my skills are at like 3-4 or something

it's 5-10 minutes depending on if the loving thing decides it wants to be scanned down when it splits into 2 spots

and you have to loving zoom in and move the poo poo around to match exactly where the dot is

it's a loving pain in the rear end.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

just put a jew alt in horde

debated it, i dont want aids tho

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There is an hour long panel at pax on Sunday called "the eve online history lecture: the great eve war"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

In other news as of yesterday Deklein is now evacuated. some 4000 contracts and 500 million M3 later. In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

80% of my poo poo is in deklein because I have never been in a war in eve and I didn't have the good sense to get my poo poo out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Helicon One posted:

no b-but you see teh emporium is failcascading and mittens is spinning like hitler and the good guys have won

HI reddit. Have you put on your depends and read your posts about teenager photos yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I might have my alt join your Corp so I can help mine space rocks with you, Videogames

• Locked thread