Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

Holy poo poo no wonder the guy was able to write the OP in 24 hours or whatever that's like two words an hour.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
put darius johnson back in charge, he seemed like he was funny.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

I gotta say I'm not sure I like the modern sanitized War Room. Major op threads without 2 pages of Epsilon concern trolling just aren't entertaining to read.

it's not really sanitized, if you want proof go look at the thread where we announced our own renter system. It's just not really much of a forums community anymore, it's all shifted to jabber.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

almighty posted:

Is that really another VFK headshot attempt?

Not really a headshot anymore since that's not been the capital for a while.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

WhiteHalo117 posted:

It's our spirit home.....

our spirit home is syndicate or delve depending on who you ask.

EDIT: VFK Wasn't even our first capital in Dek, that was either DKUK or N-T

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
We should just pack it in, our wulfpax can blot out the whatever it is wulfpax blot out.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sakako posted:

I have absolutely no idea who DBRB is. Also, I definitely intend on posting more!

I just applied to KF, under the name "Sakako Fumimasa" (because randomly generated last names ok). You guys are already awesome. :)

Sweet moneymaking scheme: Go on fleets. Pod boat if he ever leaves his spaceship. Post an "ooops I podded dabigredboat :shobon:" thread in spacegbs/the war room. I will literally poo poo isk all over you and I dare say a few others will too.

Also tackle his dumb rear end and yell "I think I have one tackled!" (I've legit gotten a few newbies super rich by giving this advice).

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Well gently caress. What time is the VFK defense tomorrow? I'll buy a 5 pack of dictors and go do that I guess. Want to buy a FC with good probing skills that can launch me at the enemy. I'm lazy you see.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Or better yet: Do any of our doctrines use a hic? I flapped around in a hic for the last siege of vfk and I get all teary eyed and nostalgic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

killstealing posted:

It's hard to imagine fozziesov being worse than nightly structure shoots

"strategic ratting"

let that sink in and get back to me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

awesomecopter posted:

Hics are pretty much suicide considering the numbers involved. Your lifespan once that bubble goes up is less than a dictor bubble.

sooooo?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

killstealing posted:

Finally people have an excuse to rat during wartime I guess

I didn't read about those indexes though, so are retrievers and hulks reimbursable now?

haha probably not.

Fix Lag posted:

SOTG happening 10 hours, 45 minutes from this post.

gently caress yes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

So I'm not really seeing how you win a defensive war with fozziesov - I mean even with high ADMs, attackers need to commit next to nothing in terms of ship power or time to reinforce any system they want

You need a couple of smaller gangs to discourage node hacking basically.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Altran posted:

What have ever done to you?

Ahahahahaha

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Conspiratiorist posted:

'Take care'

I left after seeing goons punished to protect some thin-skinned pubbie's fragile ego. From what I'm hearing, things just got worse and worse.

Details? I mean the only reason I ask is usually when I hear about stuff like this I find out the person being punished is an unlikable shitlord like ordo garr anyways.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mitsuo posted:

Welp, looks like Rhymenoserous was right

What was I right about this time?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

you coy bastard you said you didn't have a fursuit.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dadbuck posted:

Maybe the best Bomber FC in the game.

kcolor.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Yeah I'm going to be that guy that speaks dissent at this moment. But the primary movers in Co2 have always had a culture unto themselves, the two most likely alliances to break that would keep their memberships fairly intact are them and init. The expectation that they'd shatter like most CFC alliances when leadership made the break was simply unrealistic.

This is unlike lawn/sma/bastion etc who's culture can basically summed up by one of those catfish you buy for your fishtank, all they do is suck garbage off the walls all day.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

which is basically the opposite of most goon guilds in games now

In themepark mmo's you are ALMOST correct, because almost 15 years of constant MMO development fighting "Griefer" behavior has really put a damper on things. Yet I guarantee you there is a GW2 and STO thread right now whining about goons on their official forums. In pretty much every sandbox game/mmo we are pretty awful to the people we encounter.

In ark we locked down a whole server, when we got bored we sent roving wolfpacks from server to server, not to assert dominance but to simply break whatever the "Alpha group" of that server was, then gently caress off. Our methods were often "Dishonorable". We made pubbies pay is tribute to not burn their poo poo down.

In black desert goons have found all sorts of fun ways to gently caress with pubbies. Lets just say a lot of people have been drowning lately and leave it at that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blawrf posted:

it's not a fursuit it's cosplaying

i mean whatever gets you through the night.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

The only hard part to understand is why Mittani would stand by an insufferable prick like Sion, who is basically our Baki Yuku

oh wait dollar bills.

Sion's been the number 2 man in the background for a LONG time. No one knew who the gently caress he was outside of ilum/diplos till he started posting really cringy poo poo to tmc.com. I can't help but feel making him one of our public figures was a giant mistake, he's very good at being "Man behind the power" but his personality is far to dry to throw him out front.

I mean I enjoyed all of his diplomacy talks at various venues, but I still couldn't shake the feeling that I was being lectured too by an accounting major.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

agreedo, him getting let into the light was A Bad Decision that i feel (i have no evidence dont get on my dick about this) was him wanting some limelight

Tone and delivery can really change perception. Jersey Johnson could have written the same articles Sion has in his own language and with his particular sense of humor and gotten a radically different response.

Media and Diplomacy are entirely different animals, it pays to be a bit dry when dealing with theoretical professionals on the other side, because you lay down a string of facts, or creative lies in a no nonsense matter and get results. Media is all about zeitgeist, perception, feelings, you aren't influencing an individual who can be at least pushed into being a rational actor, you are influencing a mob.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

AAPsel posted:

no it would suck rear end because anyone who would enjoy living in an npc station left during the last 2 years of peacetime. rebuilding after you lost everything is a lot of work.

NPC stations are easy as gently caress to live in. Literally the only niggles are cloning services and logistics. The only thing sov stations really do for you is give you a convenient docking point for your ratting boats.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dadbuck posted:

The only hard part to understand is why Mittani, an insufferable prick, would stand by an insufferable prick like Sion, who is basically our Baki Yuku

oh wait dollar bills.

FTFY

EDIT: Italics

Baki Yuki and sion have nothing in common, their space jobs don't line up, and if you take at face value that both were doing harm to their respective groups, they are doing it in entirely different ways. The key to successful concern trolling is to warp the actual facts as they stand to suit your purposes. The problem here is you apparently don't even know what baki yuki did to be reviled, nor what sion is doing right now. Sions issue's all stem from public perception, what you should do is warp his "Community speach" to make it sound like he said "There is no community" then say "Remember when someone said there is no goons :tinfoil:" then call him the rebirth of sirmolle only less fun to talk to.

But it's too late for that now. You flubbed it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Siets posted:

-Fweddit back as well (yay chikunz.)

They named their hotdrop group bokops, you have no loving clue how much I love these guys.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

You mean to imply that goons allied with complete chucklefucks in order to achieve goals? THE NERVE

not going to lie I just assumed this was unwritten policy what with fcon being in the coalition and all.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Hubbl3 posted:

Don't believe it, it's all made up by Sion.

He isn't that creative. He's more a facts on the ground/as they stand type. Also frankly he deserves to be believed even if he faked it because typing like gigx would give me finger cancer.

EDIT: And siets I never unsubbed. I just went inactive after the last war wrapped up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Endie doesn't agree with the current direction of goonswarm and goonswarms leadership. There isn't a whole lot of drama to type up on it to be honest.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CommonShore posted:

That's about all there is to it. Bat Country decided it wanted to be in PL. Goonswarm said "k, have fun."

Hey buddy, saw your post in the sig forums. Wanna hook up?

:wink:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Siets posted:

Tonight's Laz fleet was the greatest EVE experience ever. :swoon:

Ya'll fuckers are lucky that I ran ahead in my sabre or that fleet that jumped into us would probably have gotten away :v:

haha hurray I got on tappits slave pod!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

That must be hard work.

:lol:

I see you haven't learned about Vee yet.

I relish the education that is to come.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

i don't know if it's actually goons anymore but rather j4gs and unfunny pubbie filler

"anymore"

There has been no point where the "True Goon Nation" has existed you idiot.

EDIT: And for that matter as I recall you went fuckgoons in a huff after being set read only for no other reason than being completely unlikable, so your membership in the ~true goon~ clubhouse would be p unlikely, and your opinion on the subject carries less weight than my cats thoughts on the whole thing

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 3, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm on a roam with schaden and koshka right now

well koshka went to bed i guess but close enough

Some of these names coming out of retirement are amazing. I've been flagged down a dozen times since logging in earlier this week by old names.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

smertrioslol posted:

Agreed; but who other than random trolls are saying people are ungoony?

just that dumbfuck ordo garr.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

As GSF's Blackops guys proved time and time again before any invasion of sov, they could shut down entire regions for weeks. I saw a map of Delve pre the war that got HBC started and kicked TEST off our couch, and it was completely barren of ratting and roaming, due to Blackops' presence in NPC Delve.

Blackops was in fountain, it was Topgoon, bokops and pizza making GBS threads up Delve.

EDIT: If we're talking 2013. Previous to that it was almost certainly blops.

Also blackops is back baby: https://www.twitch.tv/ghost_marine/v/58516814?t=9m36s

Got our first streamer of the war tonight.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 4, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

gently caress you, Mitquerdeadtear. For the last time, I am not a gimmick account. You don't like what I have to say, too loving bad. You think I'm an idiot, too loving bad. I have to put up with the autism jokes and biased mods, so enjoy my poo poo.

You should probably take time to learn the culture around here before posting.

We'll never be honourable because winning via treachery is more fun.

If we take a fall? Oh well. Can't be on top forever. But the coalition of the billing isn't a real coalition. They won't hold together once it is all done.

Once craplord voltron has broken up we will sharpen our knives and probably kill Test again.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Eonwe posted:

can you guys explain why the other factions couldn't hold your territory

I keep seeing that in this thread, but I'm wondering what that actually means

Low ADMS make space hard to hold. Unless PL and NC choose to just loiter for years we can generally curbstomp any 3 parties in this war.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

Don't fly poo poo you can't afford to lose?

Don't play EVE if you have poo poo to do in the next 4-384712 hours?

Pretty sure this is goonfucking in TYOOL 2016.

Just lol if you didn't go to b-r in a smartbombing interceptor and rub against all of the titans blue or red like the world's friendliest cat. Just. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

I didn't even go to B-R. I held the line camping some staging system.

I was in your fleet for about a half hour. Ditched when they called for dics.

• Locked thread