Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

vulvamancer posted:

Breaking my self-imposed silence for my 421st post.

Why do you have self imposed silence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Zephyrine posted:

That's not a slope. This is a slope.

HEY! Get moving those packages! :cop:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Despera posted:

They arent seriously trying to b-r 2.0 with the vfk timer are they?

They dont need to B-R 2.o that timer they basically just need to show up and it is theirs

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

crew posted:

Let em form up 5000 dudes and then blueball them, its an empty system in the heart of a hornets nest. The adm will be poo poo you can entosis it in 10 minutes, make em defend that poo poo.

this strategy is not good for morale

edit: it also doesn't make sense at all - if it couldn't be held then it can't be taken away from the enemy.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
Can someone edit the state of the goonion to make it not so mind numbingly cringe inducing?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

sure:

"We're going to fight mostly the same people we've been fighting for like 7 years but now all at once in a hosed up boss rush version"

Man you're loving good at this.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

vyst posted:

You're the worst gimmick

He isn't wrong. Our numbers have been poo poo compared to the enemy and instead of bombing the enemy fleets we are just welping things constantly into the meatgrinder to no effect. The entire war to this point appears to be :effort:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Unfunny Poster posted:

So did Syndic get kicked or is he just changing corps and had to drop to an NPC one?

Syndic was kicked for leaking opsec during an interview.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

yikes they are not going to be happy.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Siets posted:

Tonight's Laz fleet was the greatest EVE experience ever. :swoon:

Dont give me a halfie, tell us what happened. :mad:

edit: drat emote skills are weak

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

RubberJohnny posted:

So non-Eve guy reading up on this war and one thing I don't get is why can't the Imperium fight back?

Because there's apparently ~3,000 enemies, and your faction is ~17,000 strong, and I get the ~300 people you're fielding is because you don't want to fight, but why?

Surely there's an equal or greater number of combat pilots who can turn up?

We also have lost around 7000 dudes in the last month due to corps leaving.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
How did someone manage to pastbin Tib in such a good mood?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Potato Salad posted:

This is a good post :(

From the outside, it doesn't really look like there's much to spin. It is more of a, "what new thing did Imperium lose in the last four hours?" Pick any one of lost structures, departing corps, dead fleets, lost space, cringeworthy fireside recordings, getting camped in lowsec, damning Illum logs -- someone please tell me now the one about poaching ally alliances dry is a fake because dear poo poo why -- dead supers in space or construction POS, even more damning illum logs...

It's coming in so fast that it couldn't be spun if someone tried. It is everything I can do to try to read fast enough before even more poo poo happens.

If those illum leaks are accurate then they impressively misjudged the situation. We went from "heh people are attacking our space?" to "eh we didn't need any of our space" in less than a month. Probably less than half of the space we've lost is currently reinforced by us. Like, holy poo poo guys, don't make it too hard on the invaders, just roll out the red carpet.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

kiresays posted:

This fight was like a microcosm of the entire conflict so far. ....bad decisions.

Can we go back to being the CFC now? Because it is more apt than ever. It is a lot easier to stomach catastrophic welps when your self identity is :shobon: versus :smug:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we go back to being SOLODRAKBANSOLODRANBANSO?

It would complete the cycle.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Altran posted:

I only turn on jabber only when I feel like playing eve, if there is a ping i like, i go on it; if there isn't any ping until i don't want to play eve anymore, i close the application. easy, i don't see why there is an argument on the topic

Right, there are serious problems in GSF and the pings are not one of those problems. More pressing issues are that we are rolling over without a fight, we can't win timers at all right now, we aren't making timers to contest, the plan for the future relies upon winning timers.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
If we are trying avoid fights then why don't we just openly declare that we surrendered to their much hyped "world war bee". Go max troll. In truth we should have done this weeks ago. Then deploy to delve or something.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4edr1z/what_is_the_difference_between_derek_smart_and/

What in the loving christ. :catstare:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
Man pretty soon we are going to have to crash on bastion's couch.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
I like how phorde is flying so many ships that they are choking the barrels of our guns. Also the mass entosis thing seems exceedingly obvious and the Zergy type of strategy that we should have been doing this past month.

It kind of seems like our defense has been low energy.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

LuiCypher posted:

If I recall correctly, FozzieSov rewards this type of attacker strategy and due to the nature of how defensive hacking works (only certain groups who 'own' the links can counter-hack) it puts the burden of defense on one entity. For example, GSF can't help FCON by counter-hacking any FCON entosis and vice versa, but basically everybody in the entire MBC can hack entosis links regardless of who owns them. Therefore, choking gun barrels with massive numbers of people - whose losses can all be reimbursed thanks to the extremely generous purse strings of MBC - is an effective strategy. Ironically enough, you could probably consider it to be a classic GSF tactic.

As for why defense is low-energy (:smugdon:), GSF has been reduced from a sovereign power to an insurgency. Because the MBC as a whole possesses the Apex Force regarding the size of their supercapital fleet, GSF can't risk a super-cap engagement because 1) it would end horribly for GSF 2) give the enemy exactly what they want and 3) tank morale in a big way because r/eve would become even more insufferable than it already is for the foreseeable future. For similar reasons, GSF can't really risk a large-scale engagement either - with its sovereignty fading away rapidly, a lot of the income from moongoo and ratters is fading away as well. Regularly reimbursing 100+ billion ISK fleets is definitely a planned-upon expense, but it would be ideal if these 100+ billion ISK fleets were used to fight winnable battles. The war chest needs to be maintained for future engagements as well as for the expense that Citadels will incur as well. Right now, with the entirely of the MBC waiting for a 'gudfite', there really isn't an ideal scenario for GSF to go on a high-energy defensive operation. The 'gudfites' for the MBC will almost inevitably end with GSF getting curbstomped as it's really hard to overcome 3:1 odds and the ever-present threat of escalation via supercaps.

The best strategy available to GSF right now - one that they appear to be employing - is to simply deny the enemy fights and bide their strength while launching guerrilla strikes on unsuspecting idiots as a way to bleed the enemy while they are the occupying force. By making the very act of maintaining sov in Deklein an absolute hell for the people who will occupy it - which is likely not going to be PL or NC. unless somehow holding sov in nullsec will come with massive enough benefits for them to move out of lowsec - GSF wants to make it extremely unattractive space.

The way I see it, this part of the war - grinding GSF's sov into oblivion - is really only the first phase. Even when Deklein changes from yellow over to whatever motley Verite decides upon, the war is far from over.

All of this is just my opinion/conjecture, however. I don't play this game, but I follow its goings-on with enough attention to make some casual observations about the state of things from afar. I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, except what I can divine from open sources.

I don't think we are conserving strength and we are exchanging unfavorably. We need cheaper ships to welp.

With regards to phorde I was referring to the strategy I think I was confusing them with test or something. I was referencing their strategy of handing out a huge amount of entosis links to a fleet to contest the command nodes.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Rhymenoserous posted:

Everyone needs to learn the art of cloak warfare. 25 dudes can make an entire region difficult if they know what they are doing. 60 dudes can make it unlivable. Blackops has killed far more poo poo than it's lost so far, and on top of it we've been freeporting stations in fade with little to no resistance (We just dropped sov in a system last night, and there are more to follow). From my understanding reavers is enjoying similar success.

We should give space violence a constelation and tell them "Everything you do there is strategic" then do double payouts on entosis svipuls or whatever. Just form goons up in squads of 60 and set them loose on a constellation.

I'm pretty sure that most of branch could be re-taken by like, 10 guys.

Also, how is Bastion hanging on to their space?

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

tuzy2k posted:

This guy gets it.

I don't think he does; we could be making life hell for the bad guys in branch , fade, wherever we lost space; but we really aren't; we are completely incapable of contesting anything. We have lost so much space so rapidly that it appears there is a lot of not "getting it" going on.

The only real resource in this game is participating players and we are not doing well there.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don't suppose the Imperium will have the luxury of making any of those fancy new citadels anytime soon.

How much do one of those cost?
How much does a titan cost, for reference?

I have no concept of the value of ISK.

We will be lucky to have enough dudes left by then to camp a gate.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

ullerrm posted:

Let's just say DJ did not leave peacefully. His final posts to gf.com were both A) wide-spread, and B) featured a wide spread (and a gold ring).

Also, shut up, idiot.

I thought Goatse was the secret goon handshake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Orange Red Bull posted:

should i even ask

One of the leaks mentioned "deliverables".

• Locked thread