Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
unban FNLN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

Like, I don't get why people in EvE ragged on Something Awful so hard. It's a really cool place.

Back in the day, the big king shits of the game tried to drive goons out. Goons told them to get hosed, created the most powerful military force the game has ever known, and proceeded to curb stomp everyone and everything repeatedly for about a decade. A large portion of the game that isn't made up of goons now consists of people that have gotten owned at one time or another by them.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I read all of those logs and wow. I feel bad for the CO2 line members who have to deal with such dysfunctional lovely leadership.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hubbl3 posted:

Don't believe it, it's all made up by Sion.

I think I'll trust Sion, longtime coolguy, over the guy who registered three days ago.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who gives a poo poo how alliances make money as long as they arn't loving their members to do it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I had an alt hanging out in UQ in a covops for most of the fight today.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So if I understand what's going on correctly with caps, we'll now have battlecarriers basically? gently caress, makes me wish I had stayed in and trained caps now, that sounds insanely fun.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda sorta wanna resubscribe with my main, but a) I'm still forumbanned for star wars spoilers and b) I don't want to end up in a DBRB fleet again. :effort:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's apparently a bunch of people who think Pandemic Horde and TEST would be able to hold Imperium's space after a supposed victory :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So after the cap changes, are ratting dreads and titans going to be a thing?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

I don't care what you people do for fun. Just don't expect me to want the alliance to allocate resources for it. I've always held that stance. There are a lot of really cool hole squad peeps. There's also a few "elitist ops" nutter types too.

No one expects someone who doesn't understand the concept of fun to allocate money for it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Once the cap changes go in, will it be possible to kill a cap with a swarm of T1 frigates?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It'd be neat if they added Q-ships of various classes that would resemble an indy or a freighter until the guy flying it hit some kinda special module and caused it to drop it's disguise and transform into a combat ship (probably primarily tackle focused).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this thread has had dota thread level posting for weeks and I hope it gets gassed

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

All my poo poo is in Deklein but I'd need to log in to care. :smug:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd love to know which retard thought using machariels for a fleet doctrine was a good idea.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna suicide gank Videogames :twisted:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So what actually happened with that wormhole system that has four stations? Is it constant battles or is it basically locked down by the same people all the time?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes and no. Therabois are a group who sort of run mill of the place regularly but if you bring anything that can significantly outdo them they scatter. They've got a rivalry with that one CSM guy who got elected because he has a YouTube channel and his corp that base out of there. Other than that, people I know use it semi-frequently without much hassle.

Is it actually possible to build poo poo and run a market in there, then? Cause I know almost nothing about wormhole space and it seems like a strange alternate universe barely connected to the rest of EVE most of the time.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Even worse.

Aussie.

Remember: only you can prevent Australians :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goatman Sacks posted:

DJ's meltdown about how things "used to be good" and wanting to poo poo all over everything during a time of crises reminds me a whole lot of Remedial's flameout.

Remedial pretty much melted down and vanished after remdick.jpg happened though, while DJ just keeps orbiting EVE.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would be amazed if this super gently caress goons coalition lasts more than a month or two.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LuiCypher posted:

What's interesting about that article to me is that the people financing the war are functionally invincible.

I know EVE is all about "You can be THE GUY" sort of stuff, but for all of the financiers talk of 'we only retaliate to in-game stuff in-game' it's a mighty high horse they get to sit upon because it's fundamentally impossible to retaliate against their actions in-game. They can log into Jita, pay whatever number of corporations they want to wage war against you, watch all of your stuff burn, and never even have to undock. They'll make their money back from gamblers in the meantime. You can't even spend the ISK/effort to get a suicide gank in on them. For goons who scam people, at least those people can resort to trying to kill you in game via bounties or mercenary contracts.

This is why I think any and all eve gambling sites should be banned by ccp.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What happened to OSS/GROON, and who lives in JQV constellation these days?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha I searched for OSS and found this http://www.idigitaltimes.com/eve-online-oss-alliance-banned-game-event-after-destroying-citadel-construction-sites-507703

I wonder if they are recruiting. All these super galactic wars aren't for me.

e: oh they hang out with PL now, that is p much a deal breaker

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to shoot some jerks, kill some rats, and mine some ore without dealing with politics, or too much of :spergin:.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Goatman Sacks posted:

Yes PL isn't known to drop 2 supers per cruiser on fun roams just to be dicks

Yes they are.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo: you're not supposed to drink your own koolaid

Well, BOS is shooting poo poo up north right now, so I guess we know how reliable you are.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any 0.0 chillcorps at all not involved in the current slap fight?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They permaban for star wars spoilers now, I can easily see bans for making Important People care mad about bad posting :laugh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What was Darius's deal? I vaguely remember him being all grumpy and pissed most of the time.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Stop posting his loving picture retard.

Shut up nerd.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CainFortea posted:

Many different theories. Mine is that his return didn't garner enough attention, and he wanted to gently caress off and do his own Corp. But just going "yo dudes I'm gonna go do this thing, come with if you're down" isn't really in his spectrum of responses.

Let me rephrase that. Why are we supposed to hate him again? I don't recall him doing anything that pissed me off and the goatman thing he just did is funny.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't hate any goons that play eve :shobon:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Citizen Rat posted:

Well, I hate all goons that play eve. So we even out! :shobon:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
z

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the stuff in that doc going to still be relevant after the new expansion?

They are going to be a lot easier since capitals are gonna have a lot more options to deal with subcaps. Carriers will prob be the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who owns GFTP right now?

• Locked thread