Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

WhiteHalo117 posted:

He said in homeland defense on tuesday, and I quote, "Eve is bad, and your bad if you play it. Nobody likes it, not even you, and you hate yourself a little for playing it.......just be honest".

He's a weirdo with irl issues it's good he took a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Morris posted:

I've seen all of these denials that it was a trap, but as far as I know nobody is really denying:
- Co2 planning to flip prior to the fight (confirmed)
- Co2 (or Co2 leadership) accepting payment to do so (confirmed)
- Co2 attempting to convince LAWN/BSTN to stage out of a remarkably vulnerable location in their space
- Co2 insisting that the move op follow a certain route
- Removal of cyno jammers
- Hictor logoff traps along the route (granted I've seen no hard evidence either so not taking that too seriously)

Personally I'm of the "don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence" camp but how, short of going full-on :argh: grr goons Martini spin all lies :argh: can you not at least admit that it looks really, really bad from the other side?

Don't respond to Ordo Garr he can't help his mental illness

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kiresays, Do you even know what a slope is?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Boozel posted:

If this is still going down in like... 3 weeks, I'll get myself un-vacationed. For now, I have to sit back and enjoy the show...

Cool man keep us posted. :thumbsup:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

i know its hard to see but here is an mspaint magnification of lawn losing ~400 members

pick your slope

Globby you dumb poo poo that's not how the slope meme works.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Drythe posted:

I think this is also the first OP without a section for Vilerat?

It's not like he's going anywhere.

Can I make jokes yet?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no it isnt he revels in the attention you dummy

yes he is

Let's be real here you're far more awful of a human being than DBRB is.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Just noticed the ring. Nice

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also I hope vily went to rehab while he took a break because addiction to hard drugs is nothing to joke about

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dadbuck posted:

Vily is the rear end in a top hat that bombed two fleets I was in last night. They had about 75 bombers around us, like Checkmate.

We were sitting ducks, and then, I was in a station.

K

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

kiresays posted:

Boat was a cringey retard and Vily was a cringey tryhard.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dadbuck posted:

Vee doesn't play anymore.

Mittani was rude to Vily, and that pro-FC is now killing us.

We are getting murdered out here. Halp!

Take your autism down a few notches. Your spectrum is leaking

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dadbuck posted:

All our good FCs left, and Mittani has made too many enemies.

I'm predicting we are going to go to Faction Warfare soon, or Lowsec.

You're the worst gimmick

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

please dont respond to that gimmick reddit account ty

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

yeah i'd go for the awoxing thing

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Vilys war goals are to not end up at the Betty Ford clinic by the end of the war.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just think it's awesome that people paid 10bux to try and troll us with their spin. Like that's the ultimate complement.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I paid 10bux to :justpost:

I'm pretty sure you were a loose j4g. I can't see your regdate on my phone

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Probably. Then again who really gives a poo poo to whinge about ~true goons~ in the EVE thread?

I don't think there's any such thing as a true goon with that said still means you paid 10bux and joined SA for a guild. Doesn't make you a terrible person, but facts are facts.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

it was me austin, i was the one ddosing your servers all along

When wrestling was good...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love that I can add people to my ignore list directly from the awful app now. Allows me to filter out the redditor garbage.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Please tell us more about what goonfucking is in 2016 with your extensive current experience being in our alliance Xolve

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

dragonstalking posted:

Literally none of this is true except the needing a vouch part.

PL is elitist/classist, PH is not. That's literally the bottom line. GSF doesn't have that separation between GoonWaffe/KarmaFleet.

Why am I replying to hands down the shittiest pubbie poster itt I have no idea, bored at work I guess.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daruna posted:

Are the CFC the only ones allowed to have newbie groups then? Us elitePVP can't do it because we automatically exploit the free labour of hapless noobs?

Please.

There's a reason we (PL) don't go out of our way to defend Horde sov, and that's because hardship builds character. Yes it's cliche and silly as gently caress to say this about a videogame, or anything really, but Horde has had at least 3 separate sovnull homes, and has either been driven out or hilariously rused the hegemony of the day, but at the end of it all, Horde members get to experience the pros (and cons) of sovnull without turning out like all of you bloated and useless wastes of virtual space.

Horde members who join in a sovnull phase are regularly told to - and regularly experience - expect to lose the space they are currently living in, and act accordingly. They're perfectly free to ignore the warnings, but the ones who are smart and realize what Horde is all about are the ones who are set up for success, and the ones most likely to fit into Waffles or PL proper by virtue of Getting It.

Also Horde's at like 5500 members or something ridiculous Gobbins and the team must be doing something right

Percelus is a retard and doesn't speak on behalf of sensible goons. Just wanted to make that clear.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

PL isn't that hard to get into, odds are most people older than 2-3 years in eve know at least one friend that lives there now that would throw a vouch.

I mean provided you do more than just sit in dek ratting and your kb is more than just a long string of ishtar losses.

The vouch system is by nature elitist you butte.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Are they retarded in the sense that they think they're being ~master trolls~, or retarded in the sense that they actually believe the sperg poo poo they're posting?

Yes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Endie posted:

In the same way it was when goonfleet was "SA posts or get a vouch", sure. It doesn't necessarily guarantee anything about quality. It's largely about trust and whether you will constantly start drama.

I disagree. The SA posts requirement was to halt the ability to people to pay 10bux and immediately join. Anyone that says otherwise is fooling themselves. It's basically an effort gate. It's not the same as "having to know someone" to join a spaceguild. I don't consider effort gating to be elitism as you have no social barriers to entry. I ran the auth team for 3 years. Do you honestly think I analyzed all 100+ posts people did? I checked the count, and if they shotgun shitposted. That's it.

I'm not saying what PL does is wrong. They have Sniggwaffe to some extent and PH for their newbies. But it's still a form of elitism all the same. There's also an argument to be made that PL has found a lot of it's success via their recruitment strategy. The quintessential quality vs quantity scenario.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Endie posted:

No, I wasn't talking about the normal way in: I was talking about the fact that there was always the vouch alternative, which is what you were talking about explicitly.

Right but it was an alternative. It was a fast track mechanism. It wasn't the primary way of getting in.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I can see the issue with some people viewing Horde as a "second tier" crew but in general that's just now how the relationship works out. Lots of the PL guys like and hang out with the Horde guys but there's barriers in place to protect stuff because EVE is a game where if you're not careful you can get hosed. It's why a newbie in GSF won't be given POS passwords or supercap fleet ping access on day one. Granted PL/PH do it differently but that's just a matter of both groups figuring out what they think is the better method to approach the same issue.

Ultimately who loving cares? It's a video game and if both Horde newbies are having fun and GSF newbies are having fun then both groups are doing a good job at what their trying to do.

It's possible to not care and still discuss it and compare it against alternatives ITT.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

at the very least anyone whose post history is just a link to the eve thread

This.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

To be fair deadtear posts in the dota thread, but i'm not sure that's much better.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Drythe posted:

I've said in Elysium multiple times, but where the gently caress is all the goon propaganda?

If it's anything like the poo poo currently on reddit i'm glad we've been mum on propaganda. The anti-goon prop on reddit right now is loving terrible and the posters should be euthanized. I miss the days when people put some effort into the anti-goon propaganda to the point where even goons could get a chuckle.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

poo poo, Goonwaffe is still disinterested and inactive. I came back expecting you know, rousing speeches from leadership trying to get everyone to log in and pull their loving weight after living the high life/horny whiteboy life, what I got was Mittani flailing about for words for about 5 and a half minutes, and a mild uptick in amount of fleet pings. Goonwaffe proper is definitely sleeping while the Imperium collapses around them.

Cue someone coming in to call me on it because I'm not toeing the party line, or said something unpopular.

The closest thing I can draw a comparison to is the French and the Maginot Line.

Nobody gives a poo poo about you so why would they urge you to have one opinion over another?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

AAPsel is also a fuckin idiot that doesn't speak for us. He's not percelus bad but he's close.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

AAPsel posted:

Thank you. I'm sure none of what I said has happened. Sion is a wonderful person who likes to see goons have fun in this game. I sure wish the sig I helped found would've been turned into a section 8 renter like he wanted to. It would've done wonders in helping our people help defend the motherland.

Your sig was dead, useless, and stupid. Sorry not everyone can give you the sweet summer child treatment you're looking for. Maybe Tumblr has a corp where you can find a safe space for your EVE online.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

being told "you can go to X region, it's Y's playground," getting less or no external funding, and being constantly characterized as dead weight kills off sigs

now, in fairness, some of this may be the result of pragmatic decisions that are in the best interests of the alliance, but it definitely happens and isn't solely or even primarily the responsibility of SIG leaders for not working hard enough.

SIGS that have a successful proof of concept have strategic importance and get funded. Squads do what they want and do not. Decide what you want to be.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i'm in BOS and independently space-wealthy enough to do whatever i want short of supercap ownership, so i'd say that ship has sailed

It was a generalization. I don't care enough about you to have an emotional investment in how you play EVE online.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm not asking you to care about me. I'm saying that, generally, "small gang PvP" squads in GSF don't survive, and yet never completely die out. There's both an unmet need or expectation and a mechanism, conscious or not, that kills them.

Really, I'm not addressing this to you at all, I'm talking to the people who go "wouldn't it be great if we had one of those" and telling them not to feel guilty for wanting it. Feeling guilty for wanting to have fun in a videogame is dumb.

I agree with you that there should be a place for that, but in order to be considered a SIG you have to prove a proof of concept with strategic value which a lot of people aren't willing to put in the legwork to do. Reavers was an example of this, and of course it turned into something big but it was originally a small proof of concept. I agree with the notion that small pvp sigs don't work out very often, but I refuse to put 100% of the resistance to them on the directorate when trying to get them supported/funded.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daruna posted:

DJ called, he said you're full of poo poo.

lol if you don't think DJ is on the spectrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Mintchip.

It turned out amazing.

Edit: Oh wait that probably happened before you J4g here.

Naaah her tits got posted before her PL stint weren't they?

• Locked thread