Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
And we were so close to 1000 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Siets posted:

Hats off to the reimbursement team! Submitted my loss and received payment in just a few hours time. :stare:

Thanks buddy we try.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

cybertier posted:

I'll give the answer from the perspective of someone who doesn't know a lot about sov warfare, but here it goes:
When something meaningful (Stations, Systems, Towers) gets attacked the attacker can't just take it in one attack, since everything would be taken all the time by suprise attacks.
The first attack on something creates a timeframe in which the object needs to be attacked again, in order to actually take control of it/destroy it. This timeframe is called a timer.

In the OP you can read about CO2 defecting from the Imperium at the end of (other sources say immediately after) a very big fight.
Instead of pulling their assets out of Imperium space after this, they seem to have taken a pot shot on VFK, a system in the region Deklein(Home of the Goons). This way they created a timer to conquer the system (and the station there) on friday.
While VFK is strategically not as important as say YA0, it has sentimental value since a past invasion has lead to the meme "VFK by ...", which (to my understanding) the attackers always failed to achieve.
Another strong motivator is that the system is located in Deklein, also know as Fortress Deklein, a region that is supposed to be very hard to take, since it's the center of Imperium territory.
Achieving victory here would be a huge moral boost for the attackers, since all former victories were in system on the outer edges of the Imperium territory and this victory would be right at the heart.

With this fight also being so close to the weekend I'm assuming that we'll see a really big battle here, maybe setting new records (again).

Considering despite being outnumbered 3 to 1 in the M-O fight the defenders got their node defense up to 70% before CO2 flipped, I think it's a pretty good chance we'll be able to defend VFK-IV from hostiles. They can't reship easily and get back to the VFK constellation, while we can.

• Locked thread