Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Newbies are the best. Hello newbies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gropiemon posted:

(1:55:17 PM) rc: :siren: Infrastructure Hub in VFK-IV (Deklein) (UKC [CONDI]) is being hacked :siren:

It has finally happened. Light the beacons of Anorien and sound the Horn of Goondor.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pull up thread, pull up

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sotg tomorrow hellwar begins

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump has a better Narrative

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump is better at Narrative

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Double posted in the wrong thread I'm the worst

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Madd0g11 posted:

Someone blew the Horn of Goondor?

SOTG 1700 EVE tomorrow hellwar begins

quote:

(8:18:14 PM) directorbot: SOTG TOMORROW 17:00 - BE READY IN SARANEN PRIOR TO THAT - HERE IS A THREAD: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204558-state-of-the-goonion-friday-41-1700-eve/

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
SUFFER NOT THE UNCLEAN TO LIVE

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 00:18:05.744324 EVE ~~~

quote:

(8:37:37 PM) directorbot: SARANEN HELLSTOCK: Make sure Sarnanen is loving jammed with doctrine ships on contract in prep for the SOTG tomorrow, tia - Yachts, Speedboats, Caracals and Swordfleet interceptors in particular, as well as heavy hackships so we can make sure our poo poo is correct~

THE BLACK CRUSADE: Our enemies don't get to name our coalition any more than they get to choose the names of our wars. This grudgefuck will launch our Black Crusade, which is a hell of a lot catchier than a Great War, but if you've got a better idea for a war gimmick let's hear it in elysium@conference.goonfleet.com tia~

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 00:37:29.595061 EVE ~~~

Addamere fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 1, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happening Status: "It's"

The Mittani posted:

STATE OF THE GOONION
FRIDAY 17:00 EVE
~BE THERE~

At last: we have backstabbers to eviscerate, shitlords smugging about our 'imminent demise', and a whole galaxy of wretches who somehow think that this time will be different and Goonswarm will surely go down in flames. They didn't plan for us to be here after their M-O supercap trap failed; we're supposed to be broken and quitting in shame, rather than fueled once more by the return of our favorite emotions: hate and vengeance. The hard fact is that Eve hasn't had a grudgefuck war in years, and that's because we murderzoned the very people who provoked us so badly they were erased. The Great War ended, time moved on, the galaxy forgot and came to think of GSF as being kinder and gentler than before - now they think it's safe to howl 'there are no goons'.

That worked out so well for them last time.

:siren: Be ready in Saranen with Yachts/Speedboats/Caracals/FYF as early as 16:30, we've got poo poo to do and skulls to collect. :siren:

If you're just now waking up to smell the delights of war, check out Querns' fantastic recap of the events of the past three months

Addamere fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 1, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Are we Chaos or the Space Marines? I'm very confused.

Shoot first, ask questions while shooting.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comstar posted:

Seems more like too much mixed messengering, confusing the brand and diluting it. The Imperium is covered in skulls already.

Fine, then, Let's keep it simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvJmpGDZhE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwtVakzAMsQ

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dadbuck posted:

DJ doesn't even like Mittani, and considering the loss of goon talent recently, I can see why.

The DJ clique never got along with the Mittani clique, and let's face it, Mittani tries to write himself into everything.

This does not disagree with the thing you quoted, tbh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

so do I need to play Eve again? Last I checked everything I owned was in a carrier in Syndicate and I was logged off in a Falcon in Holesquad's home system.

I miss you recording me yelling at nerds while drunk.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shobon newbies are the best. Show up and fly around clueless, receive all the love bitter old goons have to give. :sun:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

SOTG happening 10 hours, 45 minutes from this post.

Fix Lag posted:

That's code for "Be ready because goddamn are we going to hellfuck some poo poo to death right afterwards"

I'd be asleep right now but for the excitement.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

It's used in nearly every major doctrine, but bubbling requires some of the situation awareness and knowledge of eve fleet fights mechanics in order to not gently caress up your own fleet at lest. But I guess you know what you doing so yeah, go use dicktors.

You're replying to one of the better bubblers in the game. :skink:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

(3:54:25 AM) directorbot: STATE OF THE GOONION - 17:00 EVE TODAY - SARANEN HELLFORM - BE THERE https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204558-state-of-the-goonion-friday-41-1700-eve/

Dear traitors and bads, we're terribly sorry about the failure of your grand backstab: we're going to spend the next few years tearing each and every one of you to shreds in memory of this bout of hubris. But first, we're going to take your momentum away, your fun away, your pride away, and remind you why inevitably you always fail against us - because we are the meanest, most vicious motherfuckers in the history of this internet spaceship sandbox, and we're only getting nastier with age.

Here's a war tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivP1qYG_tLw See you @ 17:00~

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 07:54:16.646591 EVE ~~~

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hope this is related to all the Ares being sold out of Jita atm :ohdear:

That's not the only thing sold out of Jita atm. We've been busy.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfunny Poster posted:

OH GOD, THE MALE DANCERS?!?!?!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MEGATHRONS MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER FORGET

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Baltecs Two point OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh :woop:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drythe posted:

Wait, what?

Nietzschean posted:

MEGATHRONS MOTHERFUCKER DON'T YOU EVER FORGET

Nietzschean posted:

Baltecs Two point OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh :woop:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magres posted:

anyone wanna write a recap of the state of the goonion

can you not read I just told you three times it's megathrons all the way down

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Little known fact: a blood magic ritual was conducted last night in the RFY-QB constellation, with chants in Dutch and Finnish.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4cx43x/hi_guys_whats_going_on_in_eve_online/

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4d198y/where_were_you_when_the_status_quo_remained_the/

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

if you've got the skills and the patience for it, production is going to poo poo loving isk for months because of the war

everything i am looking at is destroying right now, there has never been a better time

if you can keep what you build in the family too that is even better

Please build interceptors and stealth bombers.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frozenpussy posted:

lol no need to crucify anyone for the yacht fleet horny whiteboy lifestyle, that was a different time. Sure it was only two months ago but it was a different time.

The parallels to the pre-Fountain 2013 techfleet is pretty amazing. We get pretty bloated and stupid in the lulls between wars.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goatman Sacks posted:

Jay Amazingness seems to be the only person who "gets it". I was on a swordfleet op with him for 3 hours, and we popped 6 entosis mallers and jammed 4 archons. Over the same time period boat lost 3 entire fleets because he thought dogfighting scram equipped, close range interceptors with Sa Matra Specials was a good idea.

You can fight interceptors with Sword Fleet if you want, but the proper way to do so is to align out, headshot progod, and throw the deuces (and/or the skink). Thus far, I'm 2-0 for headshotting peggles in fleets where I've encountered him this war. But to be fair, I've also managed to welp 2 fleets to bombs, so my entire existence might just be a statistical anomaly. :shrug:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

That's not really what I was trying to say at all- more that people in non-SRP'd fleets actually do things like pay attention, follow simple instruction, etc. and often shy away from things like... overheating your MWD Scimitar directly into the enemy for SRP payouts.

I wouldn't call this competency, I'd call it 'focus' (I guess?)

So what is the alternative in your mind?

Oh geeze guys I really need to go right now because my dog is pissing directly on the child I've been neglecting all day to play this spaceship game but I dare not just walk away from the computer and let this spaceship die because REIMBURSEMENT IS NOT A THING and the knowledge of that keeps me shackled to this desk and pissing into an overflowing cheetos bag.
:goonsay:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

I'm actually kind of curious how other Alliances (non-Imperium) work? My total experience with Eve revolves around years of skill queue online in high sec doing missions and mining before joining Goonswarm and I used an alt to have a brief stint with Brave when they were just getting big and tried out a FW corp. I know there are some things which are just universal, like Jump Freighter service of some sort. But how much of life in Deklien similar to life in other 0.0 areas? Are jump bridge networks common? Is it common to find high Industrial/Combat levels? Do other regions get hit with roamers or solo hunters on a multiple times a day basis? I have to imagine a third party VOIP option is common, but what about assembling fleets or announcements? Is an IM service common or is it more common to see things done in-game? Does anything like the FC system in the Imperium exist elsewhere?

Man I could go on and on. I should probably just find some completely neutral parties and try one out.

Edit:
Actually I think what I'm curious about most is how it affects the quality of the player. I'm pretty sure I'm a super poo poo Eve player and if I tried to fly in anything under a 50-man "gang" I'd be worse than useless, but then again I'm a perfectly happy cog in the machine type of person.

Back when I first picked up this game in like 2008 or something I did a brief stint in a lowsec ~pirate~ corp that was also enrolled in faction warfare. The corp was small, and basically the CEO was our FC is ever we got together in a fleet together. There was no comms, just typed names in fleet chat to shoot. This was a gang of like 5 people at the most, and we were in small poo poo like t1 cruisers. It was pretty much the same in the 20-50 man fw fleets that I would sometimes join: it was just sort of assumed that everyone did whatever the purpose of their ship was, while at the time I really wanted to whore on killmails so I flew a griffin with a small smartbomb and jammed every enemy while shooting every friendly and either no one noticed or no one cared and in either respect no one ever yelled at me about it because there was no comms.

A simpler time. :sun:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenWing posted:

People can exist without SRP, sure. However, you'll lose out on a lot of the people who can't afford to be losing doctrine ships on the regular. Anyone with less time to play, smaller income streams, no desire to do things that aren't shooting space mans is eventually going to get shafted. PL doesn't have this problem because they're all stupid rich. Lowsec voltron doesn';t have this problem because they're rolling in the level 5 cash. Groups with large amounts of newbies or weekend warriors very much DO have this problem because when they lose their 300m doctrine whatever, they're going to have to go home and rat (meaning they're not in fleet), or just not play because they don't want to rat (meaning they're not in fleet). So to your hordes, braves, tests, goons, et cetera, SRP is a serious strategic advantage.

I am not the only unskilled workhorse whose contributions to the Imperium War Machine are implicitly contingent upon receiving the government dole. gently caress if I'm going to grind up 1.1b ISK per plex ratting while also sieging all day erryday and attending to my offline life. From line members to the mid-tier FCs and various other positions, lots of folks fit the vague description of someone useful enough to the continued existence of The Right-Honourable Goonswarm Federation of Space Planets (in Space) that it's worth paying out what amounts to a drop in the ocean to keep them showing up and marching in lockstep to keep the machine working.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ur a redditor harry :biotruths:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Now I'm not saying that The Mittani leaked the Panama Papers one year in advance to win a video game war, I'm just saying that he's never said that he didn't.

And even if he did, do you believe him? :freep:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I trust the judgement of the SPETZNAZ troops currently extracting him from his Wiscoson manse.

W I S C O S O N M A N S E

Tell us, mister "The Mittani," about this Operation Wine Scam.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Worldshatter posted:

Anyone mind explaining who Baki Yuka is for those as historically inept as me?

Used to be the TEST head finance guy. Sold alliance/coalition assets to himself and ran away with the bank when breasts became elevated.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Don't fly poo poo?

Don't play EVE?
ftfy

Xolve posted:

Pretty sure this is goonfucking in TYOOL 2016.

I don't think joining some pubbie lowsec pirate corp and shooting them is goonfucking in c u r r e n t y e a r but idk man what would I know apparently some dude got blacklisted for poo poo he did in another game.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why you gotta quote me mid edit thats mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if this is some kind of weird talking point then ship me to the gulag i guess but dont goons play eve outside our space empire and could those other goons in eve gently caress themselves and or other goons who are not us as well

makes you think

• Locked thread