Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Is that really another VFK headshot attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Shut the gently caress up Garr Khan.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

Let's be real, TEST had it coming.

Coming from Garr Khan, this is gold.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Daruna posted:

Being in PL has made me so alienated to non meritocracy structures of leadership it's amazing.

If PL is the only thing that alienated you to certain structures of leadership, you've got ways to go in real life and probably should not waste so much time playing this game. For your own sake, I'd like to think that you've made that remark for dramatic effect.

Daruna posted:

Also are non-CFC members prohibited from debunking or otherwise debating false information about their organizations? Because I was unaware of this rule, if I am breaking it please tell me.

Absolutely not. However, you should also bear in mind that CFC members here are in no way or shape restricted from laughing at and generally mocking targeted propaganda either.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Nope, that happened after she was in PL. I honestly forget the circumstances behind that kerfuffle. I was told she was wearing a bra anyway, just it was nude colored and the webcam was lovely. ISRAD had bigger things to worry about at the time. HABIT had just started doing their Arts and Crafts thing as apart of their recruitment. So when a guy named T-renn applied to ISRAD the boss of Sniggwaffe at the time; Grogoth Drem told him he had to perform an rear end and Cunts submission. T-renn promptly goes and takes a picture of him loving his wife in the rear end and busting a load on a laptop screen with ISRAD written on her rear end. :barf: We let him in because... well he did the submission.

I just checked, she does not have the bra on.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Why are you all acting surprised? Mintchip's been on motherless for the last five years.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Paging SMcD itt, don't you think that ducktars are now a bit passe?

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Nyeh, UO had houses and that was a big part of the game. Opening up your house as a place people could look at, destroy (even potentially blow up), using it as a shop, luring players into it to kill them. I think the only problem with MMO housing was the privatized instance of a house which truly seals players off from one another (which was a another lovely thing about going to theme park instances instead of globalized zones). I think the bigger problem was creating enough interesting and meaningful space to actually place enough houses. Perhaps you can't have houses if they're privatized, because the game feels hollow and empty when bereft of players. But when you allow non-instanced houses in the open world, it forces the open world to be huge and feel hollow and empty. lol, hi eve.

Although, I played Anarchy Online, from release more than I'd like to admit, and more recently than I'd like to admit. I think I've set foot into that apartment maybe a dozen times. There's no mechanical advantage to it, it doesn't do anything, so why even go there?

UO was quite avantgarde. You could cut down the body of someone you just bested in PvP and cook the parts.

Despera posted:

You mean quackvatars?

Yes, how long has it been since we have last heard of SMcD?

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please don't. I actually feel bad when people have a meltdown.

Now, that is a lie.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

they might have used the sick new trick of warping on grid to reset the cycle timer.

How's that again?

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

apparently warping resets the cycle timer on artilleries. so if you do it on-grid and keep your target in range after the warp you can get a cycle every 12 seconds or so.

Gotcha, thank you.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

powers posted:

has gigx found tupac yet???

The wonders of Serbian diplomacy and strategic thinking never cease to amaze.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

tl;dr Grath is going to make goons great small and farmable again and mittani doesn't want that

FTFY

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Baronash posted:

Yep, because how great will it be to one day explain to your children that you got a tattoo referencing a video game you played once.

That would require a female who is willing to catch the said person's sperm with her womb. And so far, I don't really think a womb other than Mintchip's came close to this. Heck, I'm even outright suspicious about the Mintchip thing.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Xolve posted:

An annoying 'gamer girl vlogger' that experienced a moment of space fame for this video, which she later used as free publicity to essentially read from EN24 video blog news style and eventually got into Genos Occidere because Garmon/El'Tar had a horny white boy welsh crush on her, at a time when GENOS was in PL she eventually swooned Elendar, the inventor of the Hellcat doctrine and scammed Garmon out of about 200b isk, he made some cringe-worthy soundclips of the aftermath and biomassed his character. Nobody is really sure if this was true or not, because- Garmon is... an interesting person.

Later on she traded her protected existence in NESW to Sniggerdly after her nudes were leaked (or 'accidentally posted' to facebook), then after she tried to deny that they were a. her, and b. she was underage at the time, after she was proven to be wrong the imgur link to her nudes was her in corp title. She disappeared from EVE shortly after after experiencing a Dota Manhouse, and the subsequent rage that happens in that game. Then after that twitter screencap of her publicly disavowing the EVE community as toxic and horrible- she got hired as the community manager for DUST. She left CCP shortly after.

They were 'accidentally uploaded' to Facebook I believe.

Social media before Instagram was an interesting time.

Motherless, not Facebook.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I said it in 420 AD :colbert:

If I pull that off, will you die? :boom:

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Maneck posted:

Obviously at a basic level this is because GSF leadership has adopted a fight denial strategy.

This bad news for CCP is that under the present implementation of sovereignty, a fight denial strategy is the smart call , even if the system in question is the capital of a major coalition with major industry built up in it. The attackers are spoiling for a fight, not economic gain. And for defenders it makes more sense to drop the capital the expend the capital and human resources to even try defending.

It certainly doesn't help that it's easier to allow a system to be captured and then retake it than defend it in the first place.

EVE's sov system is broken. Just like it's always been.

Edit to reduce redundancy.

Fun fact (and a refresher for those who do actually pay attention):

Before the implementation of Fozzie sov, CCP actually wanted to phase out Dominion sov through getting rid of the notion of sov altogether.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Narciss posted:

Why are you guys so quick to preemptively slander people who, as far as the rest of us know, left peacefully and in good standing? I've been following this whole drama because it's hugely entertaining, and all I've heard about DJ is that he said "I'm not really feeling the Imperium, I'm leaving but I don't hold any enmity against Goons."

As Garr Khan, your opinion does not matter at all when it comes to a subject such as this.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Foe Hammer posted:

when I click that link the site says, " You have been blocked from using Twitch. Please visit the Support Center for more information on why you may have been banned. "

something with that channel as i'm not banned.

You are probably using a VPN or a proxy server of sorts.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

vyst posted:

If people bought out entire amazon wish lists for Mintchip there's hope for any burgeoning Internet cam girl.

mintchip literally looks like a boy anyway

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Good luck, I'm behind seven proxies :toot:

I don't imagine you are using free/public VPNs or proxies like he does. Popular free/public alternatives end up getting banned from services like Twitch pretty quick.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

mintchip is the kind of girl who's just attractive enough to be desired by eve nerds, but not so attractive that they'll give up all hope of a chance (they have no chance)

This Rahne isn't much of a looker either, I just saw a photo which led me to think that she is employed in the repo business.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

In other news as of yesterday Deklein is now evacuated. some 4000 contracts and 500 million M3 later. In total I don't think more than 20 ish contracts ended up having to be left behind.

I have tons of respect for your determination and patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

About 319 251 772 063 isk

Though "profit" is a funny way to look at it. I think most staff members would rather have spent that time playing Eve itself or doing anything other than dodging bubbles and PL supers in jump freighters all day long for three weeks.

It's only fair for all the work involved

• Locked thread