Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I'd almost be tempted to resub my accounts, but then I remembered that EvE is a game best read about, not played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
:tinfoil: What the likelihood that CCP allowed IWI to RMT some ISK in exchange for him bankrolling a massive war to get lot's of sweet media coverage? It seems like this would be a win win.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Unless SirMolle and LadyScarlet make an appearance this all-star cast is incomplete.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

sure:

"We're going to fight mostly the same people we've been fighting for like 7 years but now all at once in a hosed up boss rush version"

You forgot the part where he announces that an announced future change in the game will be the definite end of our eternal foes and they are using this last moment in which they are favored by the meta to try to crush us, because they are afraid that they will otherwise end up being irrelevant and the announcement that the backstabbing traitors, whose Dolchstoß missed our heart by very little thanks to the valiant efforts of our leadership, will regret ever having created character in EvE Online - a bad game.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

awesomecopter posted:

Hics are pretty much suicide considering the numbers involved. Your lifespan once that bubble goes up is less than a dictor bubble.

Bubble, die, repeat.

At the end of a night make mad SRP cash.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Clearly, the SOTG is one day early

https://twitter.com/PoliticoRyan/status/715826292554342400

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What is the viceroy thing question mark

it's the precise moment in them when the pendulum changed it's momentum.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Yes? https://soundcloud.com/user-611751041/imperium-fireside-3-29

Edit: I mean, that pretty clearly sounds like an expectation that a lot of CO2 members will feel like they've been put upon and want to stay in the Imperium. Alternately, and I've been out of the loop for ages, it's standard hurfing / blurfing of "The members of the traitor alliance aren't happy with their leadership" regardless of whether the assertion that there's dissent in CO2 is true of false?

Is it just me or does Mittani do a really, really good Hardcore History Dan Carlin impression?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

Is there a recording of the SotG anywhere? Mittens twitch channel just has a 15 minute dead air video as the last aired video.

Of course, if the dead air broadcast was the actual SotG, then :golfclap: ggnextmap.

You need to find the ~2min of actual content. It's like a late easter egg hunt.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm a 30 or 40 something year old white guy and you know what? I know I can't rap for poo poo and so I don't try to whip it out and make an rear end out of myself especially when it's being recorded.

That poo poo was embarrassing and cringe worthy. CCP trying to hop on whatever is "cool" is sad, especially when they're getting in the mumble of one of sides of the war they're desperately trying to promote.

It almost like CCP had their own CTA yesterday, given that multiple CCP employees hung out in various twitch channels that tried to cover the "big fight".

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

Looks like CCP have gone full retard with the supercap rebalance: tracking titans are back.

So that's the price PL/NC. demanded for kicking of this latest PR campaign.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Dalael posted:

Hi friend,

J4G Dalael here. I feel for you dude, I really do. Us ~NotTrueGoons~ have definitely conquered the mighty goonswarm from the inside. Its something we've been working on for years and discuss every Thursday at 17:45 in our pretend AA meetings. We've done it right under Vyst's nose too. Poor guy, he never had a chance.

See, when too many ~TrueGoons~ like you got butthurt over minor details such as a name change, Mittani making a website or simply cuz it was 'funny' to go gently caress goons, they had no choice but let many waves of us in. You know, people who actually don't get mad because of space pixels or being called names. Pubbies who are not 12 years old kids who cry to the teacher.

What I'm trying to say in so many words, can be resumed with Deadtear's 3 favorite words: "Shut up idiot"

If you don't see the cultural shift that happened to an alliance that used the alliance leader panel to encourage it's members to grief a person until he kills himself to one that renamed its coalition to "Imperium" because the old name was not as marketable as it had profanity in it, I don't know what to tell you. But that's not a question of ~TrueGoons~ vs. pubbies because the change seems to be driven not be the unwashed masses demanding that Goons change, but by the Goon controlled leadership that changed their goals for what they want the alliance/coalition to be.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Xolve posted:

This is thing for most competent FCs because EVE is full of spineless cowards who STILL give a poo poo about losing ships because of pointless stats on a killboard.

What else is there to give a poo poo about?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

smertrioslol posted:

I convinced Suas to name our new capitol system SCHADENFREUD APPRECIATION STATION :v:

Please rename it to SCHADENFREUDE APPRECIATION STATION if you want to use the best German word, please use it correctly.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Xolve posted:

Holy poo poo Sion, you're dumb.

ccp is afraid of goons, the alliance who creates by far the most attention for the game exactly why?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

because we're also the alliance that causes the most grief?

Causing grief is what EVE is built upon.

What Sion is probably referring to is the fact that CCP's PR department's goals in this war are detrimental opposed to the Imperiums Fabian strategy of asymmetric demobilization and he might even argue that they are afraid of the Imperium because all the new and returning players don't get the big set piece battles that everyone lusts for but are instead forced to fight a war of attrition, which is a lot less fun.

But if you want to fight their media narrative of "World War Bee" you should really come up with something better than fighting the "War of Sovless Aggression" against the "Band of Backstabbers", because that has no chance of getting picked up by anyone who isn't a Imperium diehard.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Endie posted:

Clearly he has in mind a Miracle of the House of Brandenburg. He's not the first embattled supreme leader to hope for that from his refuge in a bunker.

I'd say following their Washington analogy for someone who successfully used a Fabian strategy, they are hoping for a Battle of Saratoga type event that gets someone still neutral (more Russians?) to back them.

But in my view the correct historical analogy would be Sam Houston's victory in the Battle of San Jacinto.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Comstar posted:

I find it hard to believe that "didn't want that sov anyway" while the front lines from Deklien are still 20 jumps away. There's a hell of a lot of people coming back on both sides to see the big battles IN a long war of attrition. CCP needs the numbers, they don't care who supplies them, and they will assist the Imperiam just as much if not more- they have professional Scope propaganda on the Imperiam's side, twice in a week! They want this war more than anyone else.

See, the problem is that if the Imperium conducts the war according to the statements they made yesterday, there will be no big battles until a lot of people quit the war/game. The Imperium is not angling for a World War I/Verdun style war of attrition with large battles that don't have a conclusive outcome but drain resources from both parties but are following a Fabian strategy that denies the opponent exactly those types of battles until their resources are drained to a sufficient degree to achieve parity or even superiority.

In this case the deciding resources are players logging into the game, which means that the strategy of the Imperium clashes with the goals of CCP, because they want less people (preferably on the side attackers side) to login each day.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brand for what? What was there to sell?

They had to recton the name for this https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1318670671/fountain-war-book/

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

evilweasel posted:

he didn't just bungle that, he ran it so poorly it couldn't have shoveled cash from TEST to GSF any better if it tried

we then used that cash to fund the invasion of fountain, which went swimmingly well thanks in part to the GSF altcorp in TEST that Test's altcorp guy, Baki Yuku, had failed to notice for over a year and kept failing to notice even as TEST sbus were vanishing left and right

evilweasel posted:

iirc baki yuku was also the person who told TEST members complaining they hadn't gotten reimbursements in ages (because TEST was broke in no small part thanks to baki yuku) to "stop being poor"

So why exactly did you guys want to publish a book about the Fountain War? I don't think beating up a handicapped person makes for a good story.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Look, PL is basically a guy who once had a really cool and sexy girlfriend (2007 GSF), but that girl got a bit older and somehow the magic wasn't there anymore. So now he is loving every young girl (Test, Brave) they can find that looks like this one special girl they lost in the hopes to recreate the magic, not noticing that he is making an rear end out of himself.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
How exactly would an "hellwar" against a group of players led by PL and NC., who both don't hold any space, look like? This is not Band of Brothers where you can conquer/destroy fortress Delve and I'm not even sure that you can really destroy TEST, given that they were purged at least once from the galaxy and have since returned.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

crew posted:

Some dokdo dude from tmc made it on the front page of pcgamer :golfclap: http://www.pcgamer.com/how-a-failed-kickstarter-sparked-eve-onlines-second-largest-battle-ever/

Dont know why they pinned this whole thing on a dumb kickstarter though

I don't get why PL is attacking Goons over a Kickstarter that Grath explicitly supported with this 11min long video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQIUHHZHL6s

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

If they're half dead they're not dead and their inheritance isn't up for grabs, by my calculations.

Nothing a good shove down the stairs won't solve.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
What would be the best way to turn EVE accounts into money? Asking for a friend.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Krogort posted:

What puzzle me is that CFC have both inferior subcaps and supercap numbers.
For subcaps I can understand because all new eden has United.
For supers however... What is the point in having CSAA in every other systems if it's not to mass produce supers. And if supers were mass produced, where are they?

Getting a super is the last thing you do before going inactive or joining PL

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

dragonstalking posted:

Caps and supers are great, great fun. Moving supers without an alliance to support you is terrifying.

Only fly ships you can afford to lose.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

this whole thing is :mensch: af over the saranen papers

What are the Saranen Papers?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

If the parts that Mittani quoted are the most damning ones he could come up with, that's a snooze fest. It's obvious that people would get flagged for buying ISK if someone completely unrelated to them starts sending them larger sums and the first part just shows that there is some strategic thinking behind the actions of the MBC, something to be expected. It's obvious that their strategy is the same as Hannibal's, trying to isolate Rome (=GSF/Deklein) from their allies by putting pressure onto them.

If the whole thing is really payed for by the people behind IWI, I wonder whether Mittani is trying to work them right this second to cut of the resources of the enemy.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

crew posted:

The mastermind of their whole coalition goes on and on about 40 razor supers and then lawn and bastion supers and how they need to get set up to hyperdunk those and co2 has some intel and things they can do, yet I just listened to jeffraider and other awkward nerds insist there was never any trap.

Everyone knows that there was a trap. To be honest, I would be disappointed by PL/NC. if they would have passed up on the chance to deal a crippling blow through betrayal.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

db19182002 posted:

or it could be articlles like this https://www.themittani.com/features/how-iwi-made-criminals-ccp-and-me that make people a little annoyed with them even if it is an opinion piece. Considering at one point in time tmc was sponsoring a gaming website https://www.themittani.com/news/evening-games-club-goes-live.

Given that TMDC is not incorporated in Florida, I don't really see the problem.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Entirely predictable actions by everyone?

Like when we were spitballing ideas in theta or gs_isk back when I played how to reform sov, it was always obvious that one of the benefits of "shooting" stuff was that you don't need a complex system to decipher who is defender and who is attacker, and the idea that you would identify one of the parties through their alliance information only was seen as idiotic, because it would invariably lead to coalitions being condensed into alliances and alliances into corps, simply because that would be the optimal behavior for players who want to defend stuff. It kinda baffled me that fozzie sov did not find a more elegant solution for this problem, but :ccp: I guess.

As for the CCP mail, of course they are listening and reacting to TheMittani's complains, given that he is by far their most important asset when it comes to marketing the game through news sites and they have no interest in him and the Imperium going burned earth on CCP, just because they did not include another background image. I highly doubt that they will change the name of the war though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

ullerrm posted:

I'm firmly of the opinion that everyone should do the following things at least once in their eve career:

* Set up a Planetary Interaction chain
* Huff gas in a WH
* Build a T1 module
* Invent a BPC for a T2 ship or module, and build it
* Run a data or relic site
* Suicide gank a miner
* Run a lv4 mission (which may include grinding standings to be able to use a lv4 agent)
* Run an epic arc mission
* Set up a small POS with a moon miner, even if it's just atmospheric gases or some other worthless goo

Why do you want eve players to go hollow?

• Locked thread