DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Kirs posted:

Got myself a VPN, so I can poo poo up a new thread now. Yay.

I meant to ask you a few days ago, how did you recruitment efforts with a certain Russian highsec hauler go? People are dying to know.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Kirs posted:

Well, I got 32b off him and left him with 10b he did not wished to give me at all. he spinned the situation that he was TESTing goons if we still scam...fun thing is that he told me that he was dying in all that freighters in order to test fittings and game itself. What a puppetmaster. Last week he offered to educate me so I can scam better.

I guess he learned a-type adaptive nano platings and slaves in a Providence don't stop 40 talos. :v:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Morris posted:

Seriously people the guy asks how to make money and you say "ratting," he has probably rage quit this thread altogether. :kingsley:

Ratting is easily the highest isk/effort because it can be done largely afk in a drone boat, but if you want some tears with your isk you can recruitment scam or try out highsec ganking (either solo Vexor+looter or running support roles for an organized group). I made my first (and second and third) billion by finding a PLEX-filled freighter and passing on the info to a CODE./Miniluv gank fleet.

Vexor ganking is a great way to make money, but it's prone to being hosed with (people steal your loot), and requires a bit of start up (1-2 Vexor pilots, 1 scanner, 1 DST pilot) and money (1b +/- for vexors, the scanner ships and the DST).

If you're eligible to join MiniLuv, scanning pays out 50m + 5% of scooped loot (capped at 500m) for every freighter you scout. I know some guys making upwards for 5-6b a month, and in our biggest month we paid out some 15b isk in bounties. Join MiniLuv Today! We also have a scam contract program if you're motivated enough for that, which pays out relatively well.

InternetJunky posted:

Last time I played I made my fortune finding finished, abandoned anoms and dropping MTUs to scoop the loot. Is this still ok to do?

If the anom is empty, it's all yours.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I did it, I read the whole thing.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

Anything juice?

I can't find the link.

I was talking about this spergfest of a thread that exploded 11 pages when I took a night to do RL poo poo. I'll post my TL;dr of logs later on (aka never).

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Nietzschean posted:

So what is the alternative in your mind?

Oh geeze guys I really need to go right now because my dog is pissing directly on the child I've been neglecting all day to play this spaceship game but I dare not just walk away from the computer and let this spaceship die because REIMBURSEMENT IS NOT A THING and the knowledge of that keeps me shackled to this desk and pissing into an overflowing cheetos bag.
:goonsay:

MiniLuv bumpers get SRP and wear diapers so they don't have to worry about this :eng101:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

It seems to balance out in the end because Amarr and Minmatar battleships are very popular while we are the only people to field Megathrons.

Also when it comes to Hybrid weapon systems you *need* T2 ammo. T1 crystals are alright and T1 projectiles are better still.

But there's no void for rail guns :smith:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is Miniluv still being bankrolled out of Warr's own wallet or does it get alliance support?

Miniluv is self sufficient and conducts itself in a manner that ensures it's financial solvency and stability. We also endured nearly 4 months in the red before/during the hyperdunk nerf. We generally do not see alliance dollars except in rare occasions and have monthly budget of around 100b isk. Warr has not been bankrolling miniluv with carriers for probably about 6 months or more.

We are anomalous though, as most SIG's don't have the money making opportunities we do, though I would never turn down some money every month. Although a one time payment of anything less than 10-50b would be drops in the bucket,

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zephyrine posted:

I think blizzard are sitting on some big revelation as to why they never introduced player owned housing. Even when games like DAOC and Anarchy Online had it years before.

If I would guess it would be that MMOs depend on people meeting other people and interacting with them in order to bond with the game and stay in the game. Every second you spend locked away from other people you form your own static bubble and that bubble is easy to get bored of since humans are the unpredictable variable that makes the game experience change and keep people playing.

Hence why garrisons were probably a bad idea because people just sit in their garrison all day.

Nyeh, UO had houses and that was a big part of the game. Opening up your house as a place people could look at, destroy (even potentially blow up), using it as a shop, luring players into it to kill them. I think the only problem with MMO housing was the privatized instance of a house which truly seals players off from one another (which was a another lovely thing about going to theme park instances instead of globalized zones). I think the bigger problem was creating enough interesting and meaningful space to actually place enough houses. Perhaps you can't have houses if they're privatized, because the game feels hollow and empty when bereft of players. But when you allow non-instanced houses in the open world, it forces the open world to be huge and feel hollow and empty. lol, hi eve.

Although, I played Anarchy Online, from release more than I'd like to admit, and more recently than I'd like to admit. I think I've set foot into that apartment maybe a dozen times. There's no mechanical advantage to it, it doesn't do anything, so why even go there?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I believe the Amarrian empire should fall. DeTh to all whities!!!! :jihad: :hitler:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Huge_Midget posted:

Smoke freighters erry' day.

:same: :agreed:

E:

ullerrm posted:

This is why Red Frog and other communal shipping services have big notices that say "try not to ship containers, and if you must ship one, please mention in the contract description field that there's containers."

Whenever I ship red frog, I always use containers and never mention it in the contract description. On purpose :getin:.

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 7, 2016

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Siets posted:

Make Eonwe a diplomat. :eonwe:

I'd make eonwe a miniluv diplo. He and code. could have fun trolling each other for hours

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Do I teach Video Games about ganking, and, if so, when?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

If I was gonna gank a newbie (even goon) in a rookie system, it wouldn't happen without throwing isk at the dude, and telling them why/how they got ganked, how to prevent it in the future, etc, etc. It's something that we do pretty frequently in MiniLuv, tbh.

On a serious note, how I am I supposed to recruitment scam dudes now?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Morris posted:

Guessing that was a reference to the saga of Zopiclone.

(So maybe don't wait for him to have revenge on his mind...)

Not really. No one outside of code. leadership and highly active MiniLuv dudes know about this.

Basically, a fairly active dude from CODE. with director access stole their Uedama (HQ) stash. Total about 40b isk. Writes a big long screed that he evemails to everyone that is someone in ganking about how no one in CODE. pulls their weight, loyalanon is doing all the FCing and CODE. sucks and needs a kick in the nuts to become a better organization, loyalanon is a poo poo boss and CODE. would be better if it was run by someone like Boney or Globby.

Everyone tells this dude what a massive retard he is. Loyalanon robs people of about 15b and quits a week later. CODE. is dying, sadness ensues.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

In the efforts of trying to derail all the making GBS threads the bed that is this thread, here are some danq leaqs from the Zopiclone incident. Read top to bottom (in chronological order):

Zopiclone posted:

Sent: 2016.03.30 07:33
To: 290xanaots, AndroGon Navy, Ben Li, BoneyTooth Thompkins ISK-Chip, Capt Starfox, Chenshar, Chocolate Mooses, Cultural Center, DeadChick Rising, Elite Harvester, Globby, Grifter Jones, Guybertini, HABEPHO, howling wind, James 315, Jason Kusion, John E Normus, Kalorned, Lament von Gankenheim, Logical Fallacy, loyalanon, Zula Terra,

Hello,

I took about 40+ billion from the CODE Alliance today because I believe that it needs a slight wake up call to address its complacency. I am certain that it's only a small dent in the corp wallet and I hope things go back to a level of normal soon enough. But the people in this alliance are getting very lazy. They rely on loyalanon for majority of their gaming experience instead of participating in the process and helping the CODE fleets grow across New Eden. Laziness is a cancer. It must be eradicated. There is a saying where I'm: "Just because things are going well now, doesn't mean they can't suddenly go horribly wrong."

If he doesn't log on, your CODE just doesn't know what to do with itself. No one has stepped up to fix it. Instead the regular moto as of late has been: "I Can't be Bothered".

I can't be bothered to bump.
I can't be bothered to help with scanning.
I can't be bothered with helping to scoop loot.
I can't be bothered to help fit even 100 ships to keep the fleet going.

Oh yeah but it is a video game but the lazy carebear has invaded even the mighty CODE.

Embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOe8-iFpDsI

Please take a moment to re-watch the video, possibly read over the CODE and refocus.

Other than that, keep up the great work,

Zopiclone

THE CODE WINS. ALWAYS.

Lament Von Gankenheim posted: