Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ground Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF2LZvzvpEA

Has the horn of goondor been blown?

If TheCrate is blowing it, you have my butte.

ccp seems to be trying to blow it with this resub email

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

and apparently I'm back to my pink elephant guy

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=eonwe

e: also rip, that didnt last long

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

cybertier posted:

That's where in the Imperium all those interest groups come into play. Sov warfare is not the only reason to go out there and shot mans and people group up to do it in their favorite ways. Also regularly regions get invaded just to kick over other peoples sandcastles.
Outside of the Imperium 0.0 is supposely seeing a lot of action and systems changing hands very frequently.

I just live in lowsec and currently get my dose of shoting people by participating in faction warfare. Which is kinda the junkfood of pvp. Very accesible, but not very meaningful.

Suicide ganking high sec is the best thing to do during peace

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think miniluv will give you cruisers for free to gank with in high sec.

Also if you're new just ask for isk and people will shower you

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

booooo

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

awesomecopter posted:

You don't need to be in goonswarm to get money by being :shobon: in fleet. Literally any new player will get showered if the FC brings it up.

DaBigRedBoat is the most likely to do this, but then you have to be in a DBRB fleet to being with, which might not be worth the free isk.

if you don't know about DBRB his fleets are tolerable the first couple times.

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

drat right son.

Post your character name here and people will send you ISK for sure. I certainly will

Also do this. and :justpost: more

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

copy and paste please!!!!! I don't click on kotaku links

Whats that site that copies the page so we don't have to give them clicks?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Drythe posted:

Whats that site that copies the page so we don't have to give them clicks?

https://archive.is/rPDnG

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Dorkopotamis posted:

1. How is money made if not through piracy?

scamming

e;fb

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think this is also the first OP without a section for Vilerat?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I giggled at my desk and looked dumb, thanks

Sakako posted:

So what I'm seeing is DBRB is just a trainwreck that somehow gets into management over and over again? How does this happen? For the lols?

Have you ever played with goons?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I always wondered what you had to do with your skin if you lose a bunch of weight

does it not return to normal on it's own?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Zethe posted:

Has the horn been blown?

I think it has only been softly blown

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm back baby :getin:

Now what the gently caress has changed in the last two years, ship wise? I heard there were new T3s, so I'm sure there are other fun and exciting things like Jita no longer being a trade hub or something.

What's good and cheap to rat in so I can hopefully plex and not let my wife know I'm playing another mmo uh not give CCP real money after my initial resub fee

Get digi to blacklist you again

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Fuuuuck I wish I wasn't at work. I wanted to join the UQ9 defense

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I also hope transport ships get my skill goo down in time to pilot my raptor tonight

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Wait, what?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

gfdi

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It's over

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Magres posted:

anyone wanna write a recap of the state of the goonion

Don't fight fair

Off to shoot mans and defend UQ-9

Make this a war the other side hates

Protect friends

I think those were all I heard. Also megathrons

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Extractors are local, injectors anywhere, like plex.

Don't Be Batuka.

I learned something today :downs:

At least I'll still be able to pilot my raptor still. Have to check what to train next.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

drgnwr1 posted:

The number of courier packages I've seen that have had skill injectors in them...

I just came back and didn't know this!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

randoark posted:

OK obviously there is a ton of politics and good-guy bad-guy stuff going on here, but what do I need to do if I just want to join as a nameless dude who can get in a ship and throw myself at some stuff? Barely remember how to play the game (last time I did anything was like 2007) - I have a character that's got like 65 million exp and some useful skills but not much $ or ships.

Don't post much on SA anymore, so i'm guessing i'm not eligible for any Goon corps... Just have a ton of time this weekend so maybe I could be of use to jump in a crappy ship and point me at something.

Try to join waffe, the instructions are in the OP

The worst that happens is you don't get in and then join something else.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Where the gently caress is all the propaganda I can fill my friends Facebook wall with?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao i read that before it was gone. just lmao

randoark posted:

Cool - thanks. Just went through the online application process, when I get home from work i'll try to apply in-game. Is there a newbie corp? While I have a character with a lot of xp for all intents and purposes i'm completely clueless - reactivated an account for 10 days last night and had no idea what I was doing. Need to run through the tutorial at the very least.

Just do what you're told and it'll all be good.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ugh a terrible day to be in work crew

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

But really, the propaganda. Apparently I have a lot of friends who are in TEST

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Altran posted:

Some history lesson needed, why was fatbee chosen as our alliance logo since the beginning?

goons fat

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

just go steal a flag of dear leader

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Tim Jong-un posted:

Im afraid the horn was tooted already.

Not yet, :ccp: was doing that for us

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Bought some multi char trainer passes so that I can train my alt to be a miniluv pilot and not have to jc my main back and forth during war.

God drat they are expensive.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

$230 spent on my avatar since April 30th btw

Why has lowtax not sent you a thank you letter yet

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

was p funny stuff, tl;dr poo poo on DBRB and Gicer in ArcheAge and they got super mad.

They took revenge by blacklisting me from goons in EVE. :v:

I think you could get unblacklisted if you wanted.

come home to goons

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Which is still retarded since its an entirely separate game and also its boat

pissing off boat should get you promoted imo

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eonwe posted:

my coworkers all hate goons and they have been especially smug, so I would like to see you guys kick their poo poo in

I think Mittani said his plan was essentially to bore them to death and make them hate fighting this war.

Or something, I zoned out during the sotg

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

thank you pm then

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

Please build interceptors and stealth bombers.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lotta mad dudes coming in telling everyone how hard goonfleet gettin owned makes me want to disagree with you

How is that not better? It's free entertainment if you don't reply to all of them to say they are wrong

Plus it helps Lowtax's kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

nessin posted:

Oh god please don't. I actually used to like Siege Fleet and I'll fly an Interceptor as a support ship any of the day week, but 5 days into this war and I never want to see more than two of either of those things in one place.

I don't know if it's accurate, but there is a post on reddit saying we lost over 1300 interceptors over the past few days. That isn't good fun, it's a problem.

That's because FCs keep trying to get fights with interceptors instead of doing hit and runs

• Locked thread