Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You could take the groon option and pile into AAS! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Resubbed, flew around syndicate shooting space russians in my fancy faction arty cane with groons. Was a good time, A++, would recommend. Pusk for best ceo ever.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So tell me about these new command destroyers. That caldari one looks awesome, but I know nothing about these new fangled ships. Also, what are good ships to fly in small gangs? Are kiting drone boats still the giant pain in the rear end to fight they were around a year ago?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Despera posted:

Oh god you are almost as precious as videogames

Eh, not really. Mine is less :shobon: newbie and more "I haven't been hating myself enough for the last year, so I resubbed to eve. Whats new?" I'd guess the caldari one is trash since the destroyer its based off of is pretty bad, but a man can dream. Don't care, gonna buy one anyways because I love its paint scheme.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Using a super in a small fight is fun when you have little to no backup and you might die. Also, cute animals are awesome.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I bought some of those new fancy destroyers. The stork seems like a giant brick and what I always wanted destroyers to be. I can't wait to use that new gimmick module on my own fleet every time we sit on a gate for more that 30 seconds. :neckbeard:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

hey man it's not the fault of all non-GSF duders and the :tenbux: crew that other posters are so easily triggered

did anyone do anything fun in eve today?

Groon had some dudes trying to live in their home station aggress on a cyno pilgrim that was bringing caps home. They lost an armageddon and we laughed.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53384312/

It was a good day.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its also more like 30-35 people (for each individual practice) to do regular purely inhouse practices once you get into having multiple teams with alternates for various setups. And it takes away highly skilled FCs due to the time requirements. And this is just the practices themselves, not the logistics involved in getting the practices set up if CCP doesn't do password secured practice systems with fully stocked markets like they did the one year and doesn't include the spying on enemy teams practicing type stuff that goes on. Its a pretty big investment to do AT stuff like the top teams. As fun as it is to compete, I'm kinda glad groon has no plans to do it this year. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Alot of different reasons, but the biggest are likely a lack of demand due to the current meta and more supply than demand due to years of relatively stable nullsec allowing renters to handily farm escalations. Rabble rabble, bring back 1.4b isk vindicators, make syndicate great again, build a wall to the north to keep those dirty imperium nerds out and make goonswarm pay for it!

In other news, groon got to fly sleipnirs around in syndicate with their new buddies. I died, shot spaceships, got killmails and had fun. 10/10, would shoot retreating imperium alliances again. (Please teach SMA how to fit spaceships first though)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I once got a scary looking message from digi. Then I read it and explained to him why I was ceo of a non cfc corp on my main while having a super in gsf on an alt and had access to fight club. He accepted my reasoning and sent me on my way to go do fun space things without even asking for as much as a real name, phone number, address, facebook account or hair/blood/stool sample! Probably because he already had them! :tinfoil: (and found I'm pretty boring irl.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Someone tell him to join groon. The ... Irony I guess? would be amazing.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I did. In fact the EVE corp LUE was founded by ETI members.

EDIT: I suppose its also worth mentioning that if you think reddit and SA are bad, you don't want to see ETI. Its loving terrible.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That boiled meat looks unappitizing and bland.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

And to think I was happy to bench like 165 after not going to a gym or stepping for in a weight room for over a decade. I really need to exercise more. :sigh:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

dl is higher weight than bench unless your physiology all sorts of hosed up

for some reason I mixed up benchpress and deadlifting, probably because...

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that name literally means nothing to me so

I am dumb and post dumb things alot. I'm well known by most groons for doing this.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

If a new thread is made, can groon have their bit about joining before gsf's? I think their ~3 lines of text get buried under a big wall o text and nobody sees it. Think of all the wonderful spacefriends they might be missing out on! :ohdear:

Edit: holy poo poo, that puppy. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

How do you look up systems? Is it a safe kind of system?

Systems with a jumble of letters and numbers for a name are always null security space (0.0), which is about as unsafe as it gets. The rats in the belts are much harder to kill than in highsec and other players are free to shoot you with no repercussions, in fact its highly encouraged! S-U8A4 in specific is system in syndicate (an NPC Nullsec region) that is notable for being the only place in syndicate that fancy ores will spawn and has a chance (as utterly insignificant as it is) of spawning an officer rat! Its also the ancestral home of all goons in EVE and therefore is significant for ~reasons~. :eng101:
Groon does still live in syndicate and has friends in the systems leading up to the system if you ever did want to visit it though. They might also just shoot you because... well its goons in spaceships, would it surprise you?

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 26, 2016

• Locked thread