Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I, too, am gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
posting is very important part of the day

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i clicked the thing long enough to hear "new allies, stainwagon and we hired white legion"

ah yes, white legion. home to powerful allies like

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i thought fweddit hated us in a test "gently caress you dad" kind of way

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Foehammer007 posted:

when does the vfk poo poo go down

timer is in ~90 minutes

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
actual dumb question: why do dudes keep forming up for ihubs, i thought they weren't that important compared to stations

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

it's actually quite the opposite

fozziesov things are harder to capture when the ADM (Activity Defense Multiplier) is higher

ihubs are what allow ADMs to accumulate in the first place, and blowing one up drops the ADM to the minimum

stations on the other hand are necessarily in nullsec, and thus terrible places to stage from, letting hostiles dock in them is nbd, their funeral

ah, i didn't realize adms were tied to the the ihub

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm watching a stream and we won the timer but there's 3500 hostiles in Uq9 right now? Wish you goons the best today. :munch:

i think its more like 2500 but its still about 2.5x

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
lol at dudes constantly going "not winning fast enough" and "you'll just gently caress off and leave"

lol at dudes defending co2

lol at both sides basically

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
if you care beyond "shoot mans get exploded repeat" you're playing eve very wrong

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Ice Fist posted:

There's a question inside my question. I haven't been plugged into politics/goons/whatever in this game for years. I'm sitting here eating popcorn on the sidelines (lol never logging in again) and a guy who wrote some fun updates and made some funny videos I thought had burnt out and retired from Eve is now posting about shooting goons.

My question is: what happened there?

bat country joined pl

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
are we actually using megas against proteii because if so: lol

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Glory of Arioch posted:

no that is why the other half of the fleet is in apocs

if half the fleet is going to do functionally zero damage to the primary doctrine our enemies are using maybe thats a bad idea

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
using punctuation implies that you care, and I, hardened forum warrior who has many girlfriends, would never care about anything,

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eonwe posted:

my avatar has had $550 spent on it overall

lowtax should give you a cut

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

kiresays posted:

Why MWD T3s?

i think the idea is to avoid being kited but its bad and dumb

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
unironically posting gevlon and then claiming not to be a gimmick poster lmao get out of here dude

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
that being said: reset everyone and invade delve 2016 imo

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

LemonDrizzle posted:

Log in and shoot at least one NPC per day, get 10k free SP as a reward: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=476516

Uh... OK?

:laffo:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i don't really care if they add daily quest type poo poo but make it isk/lp, not sp good lord

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

VideoGames posted:

OK. I'm going to give the free 14 day trial thing a go and see how I like Space Mining.
If I like it, then heck, I'll mine my heart out for you guys.

oh no my dude

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

But I thought all lives mattered

really hitting all the squares on the shitbaby bingo aren't you

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

ullerrm posted:

Apoc, sadly. The optimal range and tracking bonuses are just too good, compared to the resist bonus on the Abaddon. After all, if you can't hit back, then more tank just means you die slower.

E: ^^^ that too. The Abaddon has abysmal cap regen, and will cap itself out just by firing its guns. It unironically benefits from an Elutriation rig; possibly, the only hull in the game that does.

It's a pity, because I loving love the hull's visual design.

arty abbadon doctrine when

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Despera posted:

Which one is that?

Vargur is good, Paladin is good but needs shiny fittings, Golem is good for a gimmick anti-frigate build, Kronos is garbo

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

ullerrm posted:

I unironically made an arty abaddon fit a month or so ago and posted it in illum, mostly to make a point that the Tempest did it better. Atrum wouldn't stop laughing and demanded that all of illum had to do a shot. :(

thats surprising considering how lovely the tempest is. i tried making a fit for grindr fleet before the official fit came out and its literally impossible to fit 1400's and any tank at all

edit: ^^ yeah that ping was pretty surprising. :smith: lol at using reddit to find out who the spy was tho

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't understand the IP address capturing bit and how it works. Can someone explain it to me? I'm bad with computers.

basically:

- A link to a file on a gsf server is sent to the reddit account
- Reddit account owner clicks on it and their IP address is logged on the server
- Counterintel dudes compare the IP address logged on the bait file access with known ip addresses matching director accounts
- It matches up with Lemba's account's IP, meaning that he's the owner of the reddit account (and by extension, the spy)

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Uziduke posted:

you guys are the gayest gently caress fagoots in the world fucks goons

im gay

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
im actually gay though. lowtax please contact me so that i can post imm gay without getting censored like the hetero plebs

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

supersnowman posted:

It's proabably not that good of a solution of your target is a student since his address could be a university/college ones which would mean hundreds of account could log from the same one.

well obviously you have to use common sense. you'll probably have only a couple accounts coming from the same campus and from there you can deduce which account is most likely based on what access they have etc. like in this specific case they were looking for a director level account, so if they had multiple accounts coming from the same ip, they could narrow it down director level accounts and then use social engineering or other info they have to go from there

counter-intel is pretty cool but good LORD i'd never do it for a video game

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

pugnax posted:

I guess this was what I don't understand. Does each modem get a unique public ip? Or is it up to the provider, so some customers might get a single public ip per block/zip code/etc?

If every modem had one it seems like it would be trivial to Remote Desktop to home computers or run a server on lovely mass market home internet, which I didn't realize was possible.

depends on the provider but generally you get one ip per modem. however its usually dynamic so for servers etc you need to request a static ip

im not really a net/it dude tho so i don't know that much in depth

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
i don't really mind dailies even though they're ~wow incarnate~. just holy poo poo don't make them sp rewards what in the gently caress.

and make them interesting, because "kill one npc" is not great. it should be something that pushes people out of their comfort zone or gets them to try something new. maybe "enter a wormhole" or "do exploration" or "engage in pvp"

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Fureil posted:

Since I always seem to have more questions than answers...

Damnation vs Absolution?
Claymore vs Sleipnir?

How useful are they? Is one or the other used more?
Edit: I guess that aside from their links I don't understand their role in a fleet. The trailer where the Damnation goes chasing a support fleet and gets blasted has me confused as to if they are a support ship or damage ship.

ok so command ships have two roles: boosting and dps/mainline ships

for boosting there's only two options, Damnation for armor fleets and Vulture for shield fleets

for dps most groups run sleipnir fleets, though pl also runs astarte fleets. lowsec guys run (ran?) absolution fleets as well

for solo poo poo, its pretty much sleipnir only

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
all posts are good posts if you compare them to your own posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
that wasn't a dig on you i was saying that all posts are posts, and as such, are good posts compared to the absence of a post

namaste

• Locked thread