Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

yay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You forgot Eonwe's thread :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

dragonstalking posted:

This really shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the forces arrayed against the CFC.
To quote powers:
"They are chasing the next good fight. Chasing killboard stats. Their leadership's decision making process and future planning revolves around the next 1-3 weeks, not the next 6-9 months. They don't care who they play with as long as they are getting dank kills."

This is kind of an exaggeration, the ADM's were nowhere near as bad as what Horde had left Fade with after their extensive cloaky camping.

This is a really strange thing to say, as supers are still retained as the ultimate counter to a blob of dreads or slowcats, which are not an illogical escalation to a grid full of BS, which was present.

Anyone who'd bothered to take part in the Entosis testing on SISI would know that triage carriers are the ulitmate entosis boat for a hot system, regardless of the higher spool-up time.

I think Grath would sooner hang himself than be another F1 part of the blob, when he could be running around in a Vaga or Vargur, bringing-solo-back.

Blood in the water and all that, what did you honestly expect from a hint of collapse for the CFC?

People go where the fight is; there is no over-arching command structure for the dozens of alliances involved in this, so how would one force them to not show up for frags?

See the above post about supers still being cap-counters, and why would it be risky when the Allies had complete subcap dominance?

Why would our super fleet be logged in and waiting if it was a trap? Why would you be stupid enough to jump supers into what you admitted was a total shitshow? Why in the world do you imagine PL would actually rely on C02 of all people to successfully execute a trap like that? Hell, you say that supers are useless for entosis fights, yet you insinuate that the CFC might have jumped in supers were it not an obvious trap?
You were definitely fortunate to evacuate your supers from Vale without incident (except that titan RIP), but why bother turning some good luck into, frankly, sheer paranoia?

The irony of this last bit, considering DJ is opposed to the CFC in it's current form, should not be lost.

:yum:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no it isnt he revels in the attention you dummy

yes he is

This is true.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Magres posted:

wait whos the bfm that joined pl

i was thinking of bobfrommarketing

:eonwe: both are in pl :eonwe:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That's about all there is to it. Bat Country decided it wanted to be in PL. Goonswarm said "k, have fun."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hey buddy, saw your post in the sig forums. Wanna hook up?

:wink:

:wink: indeed. My play time will be erratic, but I intend to put a few good hours in on Tues/Thurs next week.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I really want someone we hate to end up in Vale/Tribute with a stable enough footing that they start to try to use the space.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Worldshatter posted:

Anyone mind explaining who Baki Yuka is for those as historically inept as me?

He's a guy who has stolen large amounts of poo poo from several consecutive alliances on the promise of "well sure, I stole from those guys, but I'd never do it to you."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

crew posted:

what else is there

please dont say our image will be tarnished or diminished

NOT OUR IMAGE

GSF is going to fall apart if our image gets hurt and reddit stops respecting us

:ohdear:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I paid my :10bux: because Travis Wells told me that corydoras catfish are super :3: and then I found Punchsport Pagoda and shitpost a few thousand times.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I am old enough to have played UO but I had no way of paying for it, practically speaking.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I move that Eonwe be made a GSF director with no portfolio and absolute power.

EVE online account/participation not required.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I have less than 10% of my net worth now in Deklein, largely thanks to the plucky pilots of ITL.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

VideoGames-

Get into gas huffing! Train probe scanning/exploration skills, and then take your little venture buddy into wormholes and harvest from gas clouds! It seems to me like it's the apex version of all of the things you're enjoying about the game so far.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ullerrm posted:

Pretty much this. James did a writeup at the time here, with quotes of some of the r/eve posting at the time, and it's mighty gross:

http://www.minerbumping.com/2013/06/too-hot-for-themittanicom-mintchip.html

Truth be told, I'm almost more bothered by "she wasn't a real gamer, she was just getting carried by pros" complaints than the usual "show me yr tits" poo poo. Nobody benefits from the existence of some kind of referee or scoreboard to determine who is and isn't a "real gamer." Do you log into Steam and play a video game and not act like an rear end while you do it? You're cool.

:agreed: This was why I was a bit disturbed by the incident that led up to the glorious MRA trolling. I'm so pleased that it ended the way that it did.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zephyrine posted:

I have no idea how FCON can complain about having stuff trapped in their space.

I ran a literal freighter armada through their space six times and picked up every single outstanding contract from every single station they had. Including two trips though Tenal.

The last freighter fleet that went through Branch returned half empty. And this was with three days notice.

And this is why "gently caress FCON" is more or less a meme.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xolve posted:

Everything you're coalition is doing, literally every single loving thing is something the Imperium has chastised other groups for doing in previous wars.

You have years of Dek money in a war chest and you don't just want to go out and shoot mans? I don't understand. For all the blurf about 'the best doctrines, the best ships, the best FCs' how is any of that a reality if you have all these toys that you just won't use?

Are you really saying TEST had more of a commitment to their space than the Imperium, who held the galactic north for almost 6 years? I mean enjoy your ~wulfpax~ I guess, totally hating killing 200 bombers with 40 sleipnirs. Hating it.

:skink:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm undocked in a pvp fit gila right now, come at me.

Are you logged in? :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Glory of Arioch posted:

i like how me saying "we aren't going to feed if we can help it" gets transformed into "we're not going to lose a single cyno ibis to you ever"

I lost a cyno ibis to them tonight. I'm sorry.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CainFortea posted:

What these posts boil down to is simply "the people I used to play with aren't doing stuff anymore, therefore there is nothing to do.".

You guys can move your goal posts all day long, but it all comes down to the fact there's plenty to do, and has been for quite a while.

Topgoon largely died not due to the FC thing but due to the fact that we weren't allowed to go and do what we were good at doing because every region had restrictions or nobody in it. There were things to do, but we weren't allowed to do them. I used to run shitloads of fleets but I stopped once we were told to stay out of Providence.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

"Your options are to deploy to vale of the silent which is dead, joint deploy with blops who will treat you like poo poo, or disband. No we're not hostile to squads at all, do you not like this poo poo sandwich? Is it not filling?"

When we were sent to Vale we really should have just started hot dropping on blues.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kalenn Istarion posted:

As long as Pooki isn't ranting about cloaks at least

Current blackops is more or less the in-game equivalent of the chill thread. High crossover in membership, too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xolve posted:

Uhm, how to put this...

YOU'RE LOSING FLEETS MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY

You're dudes don't fly without SRP, so regardless as to what you ':airquote: think :airquote: you're losing money, at a staggering rate, anyway.

You're losing space and money moons at about the same rate.

If you don't know the long term effect of these two thing, consult you're TEST losing Delve campaign pamphlet.

See above.

The situation between getting pinched in a system, between a fleet we didn't care about and a fleet that would zonk us if the first fleet slowed us down- and waiting it out 8 whole minutes before 'weaponized boredom' said "gently caress this" and went home

and

"we're spending billions and billions of space sheckels reimbursing a completely ineffective doctrine while bleeding the very source of our income" are worlds apart.

How's that bit about reddit censorship from a few days ago?

Sorry you don't like the truth and things that are true.

This, but unironically.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Denis posted:

cant you just kick sion and mittani and remake stuff properly this time ?

ok

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mpaarating posted:

But the greatest boxers of all time have. Playing football also makes you literally retarded so that you want to kill yourself. Way to encourage people to kill themselves.

Name one boxer who has been in the super bowl every year.

:colbert:

Also, the only undefeated elite boxer only remained undefeated by picking his fights and stacking the rules and manipulating USADA and the NSAC so he's probably more analogous with BOB :can:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

r/askhistorians has some high quality content.
r/badhistory is like iosm but nerdier and extra pedantic and it's my favourite thing on reddit.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It's me. I'm the black swan event.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Despera posted:

Nah I'm done here. This thread everyone knows was always poo poo. gently caress look at the top poster. This forum is pretty meh. Saying something vaguely bad about the imperium and watching it implode isn't fun anymore. Go back to your regularly scheduled circle jerk.

What the gently caress are you talking about? You're literally the circle jerk in this thread. All that happens here is that interchangable fuckwads like you come in and say stupid poo poo and get shouted down.

The crap that you're engaging in right now is literally all of the thread's content. You are literally the circle jerk.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CainFortea posted:

:drat:

Where did lemba go?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53296539/

:ese:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cyrelio posted:

I've been seriously considering putting in an application to Black Ops. I think I can fly everything you guys use with good skills and the stuff you guys do interests me a lot more than flying mainfleet.

Well they might take you anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

vyst posted:

How about you suck my drat balls instead?

:perfect:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fureil posted:

Do these freighter services just stay neutral to everyone and hope no one blows them up when they jump into a lowsec/nulsec system? I also assume there is a minimum volume/value you have to order to make it worth their time to transport stuff for you?

There are safe methods involving alt pilots and jump freighters (as opposed to regular freighters). To catch a jump freighter really requires pilot error.

And the way it works is you just make your contract according to the pricing in the thread. Someone will ship a freighter full of contracts when enough contracts have accumulated to fill a cargo hold - a lot like real shipping!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

gwrtheyrn posted:

Or a lot of set up.

And that setup depends on the JF pilot not noticing the trap and acting appropriately in time. If you keep an exit cyno ready to go, look at local before decloaking at the gate, and make sure that your cynos are well placed on stations, you should never die.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I don't get it. Is the tl;dr "admits that he looks exactly like a spy; upset that he is called a spy"?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was once accused of being a spy and thoroughly investigated (and exonerated) and I didn't find out about it until Kincaid told me a year later. Either counter intel's savagery is vastly overstated, or Digi buys the really expensive lube.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Neat

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Regarding that mission blitzing guide, why does it recommend 9-10 different ships? Is each ship well suited for a particular mission? Starting out can I just use a Mach on everything (aside from burners of course) even if its less efficient?

Yeah all of the super specific and weird frigate fits are tailored to the individual missions. That no-prop cap-injected deadspace repping wolf? It's for fighting the blood raiders burner which loving zonks your cap every 10 seconds.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

evilweasel posted:

Did anyone ever find out why loyalanon got banned?

Not yet, or at least I haven't heard and I've been keeping my ears open. I suspect that right now that he's keeping quiet so that he doesn't bury himself with the Stunt Flores clause, perhaps hoping for a reversal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

He trolled both the Broadcast4Reps and Anti-Ganking channels ingame. He kept making fun of the eve player who committed a murder-suicide in front of the community the guy played with, and said anti-gankers are prone to murder-suicides because of that guy.

p hosed up imo, but i think he wanted to get banned so he just kept going deeper and deeper until he got what he wanted.

Oh so this is more of an Erotica1 situation.

• Locked thread