Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
A little late perhaps but I'll post the recap of old threads for future archive divers.

(2015-2016) Eve Online 2016: Actually It's Called Eve-ophilia
(2014) EVE Online: The Spaceship Game That Didn't Steal Your Kickstarter Money
(2013-2014) Eve Online: A Curiously Excellent Spaceship Sandbox
(2012-2013) EVE Online: The spaceship MMO that is 99% of Iceland's GDP
(2011-2012) GOONWAFFE NEWBIE DRIVE 2012: RIP Vile Rat
(2010) EVE Online - GoonSwarm 2010 Recruitment Thread
(2010) [EVE Online] ElitistOps - gently caress it, own everything (ElitistOps recruitment)
(2010) [EVE Online] Rho Squad Recruitment
(2009-2010) EVE ONLINE - Laugh even more at EVE Goons who can't keep things from being stolen
(2008-2010) EVE Online: Curb Stomp the Universe
(2008) GoonSwarm: self-destructing and taking everyone down with them since June 2006
(2007-2008) [EVE Online] The Greater Goon Recruitment Drive
(2007-2008) GoonSwarm: menace to arrogant pubbies since June 2006
(2007) Goonswarm
(2007) [EVE ONLINE] Goonfleet recrutiment drive: "Welcome space-scrubs!"
(2006-2007) Goonfleet [Eve Online] "Capital Ship in PFP-? Smoke that bitch!"
(2006) [EVE Online] How I scammed a corp for 12 Billion
(2006) GoonSwarm Recruiting! Galactic Dominion, Goon-Style in EVE Online.
(2006) Eve Online: Demon Womb: newbie drive
(2006) EVE Online - Part 2
(2006) Eve Online - Goonfleet news!
(2006) Eve Online: It's a good game, really, I promise
(2006) Eve Online: Goonfleet is like herding space kittens
(2006) Eve Online: Goonfleet needs YOU to help conquer the galaxy!
(2006) Eve Online - Snigg Comic Strip
(2005) EVE Online. Why play this game?
(2005) So what happened with Goonfleet? [EVE ONLINE]
(2005) Eve Online: GoonFleet Mk II
(2005) Eve Online: Operation GOONFLEET
(2005) EVE Online In PC Gamer UK - 4 Pages About Loot Worth $16,500 IRL Stolen
(2005) Finally done with exams? Come play Eve Online this summer free for 2 weeks!
(2005) Eve Online: The Best Game Goons Play. (Free for 2 weeks!)
(2004) EVE Online Megathread, the resurrection. Space pirates inside.
(2004) EVE Online megathread: Newbs, Vets, Everyone!
(2004) The Second Eve Online Goon Corp Thread
(2004)The Official Eve Online GoonCorp Thread
(2003) EVE: The Second Genesis (possible YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS ?)
(2003) [EVE online]4 weeks later, who's in?
(2003) EVE online beta armageddon
(2003) [Eve Online] Let's get organized/Impressions
(2003) EVE online GoonCorp is up
(2003) EVE online patch. Maybe this will get you back in.
(2002)What's your take on eve online

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Co2 want vengeance. Not enough Goons died in the defence of their space so they come for the rest.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

On a different note. 10 million units of nitrogen isotopes later. Vale is mostly evacuated and we are now down to a handful of straggler contracts a day.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

i know its hard to see but here is an mspaint magnification of lawn losing ~400 members

pick your slope

That's not a slope. This is a slope.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Torpor posted:

HEY! Get moving those packages! :cop:

Edit: Didn't screenshot the start at 273

If courier contracts were PL supers this war would have been won already. :black101:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Loden Taylor posted:

gently caress that, let's take it all the way back east. KZF/28Y.

Maybe 9-9/77S.

As long as the station has a wide docking range then I will make it so!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Cygni posted:

after BoB camped us out of Syndicate and we pulled the VCBee thing for a few days, we moved in with Red Alliance in the south as Remedial (i think it was still him?) promised us sweet rats and phat lewtss brah. the rats sorta sucked, but we also got our first real taste of true nullsec and conquerable stations and such. also the first wars that we actually fuckin' won, but LV and -V- were really terrible.

i dont think the drone regions actually existed yet though? at least not at the start? i dunno.

Give me a pilot name. I will literally plex you just to hear these stories for an extra month.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Comstar posted:

I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but someone posted that CODE was no longer being funded by Goonswarm.

That's true. Goonswarm is indeed not funding Code now.

Supposedly they aren't even funding Miniluv any more. What will Boney do without those hundreds of billions of sweet Alliance isk pouring in every month to pay for Catalysts :aaa:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Goatman Sacks posted:

So what's the likelyhood of an actual fight for vfk tomorrow?

Hard to say. They have the isk motivation to try. VFK is also a major moral target. If they brought full numbers then they could. But the trip would be a long one and there would be no options to reshipp or to switch doctrines for a hard counter.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

crew posted:

I found the only interesting part

Talk about full circle.

Black Legion fought on the Imperiums side in the Halloween war. Then they got into a fight with CO2** Which was when the Imperium went back home for "couch cleaning" to save CO2 from black legion

** I had some acquaintances in Black Legion at the time. The way they explained it was that the Imperium and Black Legion were only blue during fights but otherwise neutral. At the same time they had agreements not to drop on one another (though skirmishes could still happen) The problem was that CO2 would regularly drop on Black Legion fleets. But when Black Legion retaliated they were then chastised by the coalition. This would in turn hurt their reputation and so it became a matter of e-honour to "push CO2s poo poo in" This was followed by a speech that while working with the Imperium was profitable; Black Legion would rather be poor and have fights.

From what I understand all of this is exasperated by Elo being unreliable. Granted Eve is a game full of bastards and people change sides a lot. But with entities like PL or the Russians you can make agreements. And at the very highest levels word is law. But Elo like Sort Dragon can't be relied upon on that level.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 31, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Siets posted:

Also talked about a new "burner drifter" super ship that has new AI. Apparently when you fight it, it may decide to warp off unless you point it. If it escapes, it is not tied to the site you found it in like most NPC AI. It will actually sit in space and remain there for you to scan it down and re-engage. If you do not within an undetermined amount of time, it will recruit other sleeper forces to make the encounter harder. Eventually the sleeper force might even attempt to drop on players in the system.

Stream ended. Here's a link to the full past broadcast: https://www.twitch.tv/ccp/v/57827045 New PvE content discussion begins around 57:20. Hilarious DBRB interview was the segment before that.

CCP are going to screw this up and then the node crashes after the system filled up with ten thousand drifters.

Edit: Foehammer killed my cyno :saddowns:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

killstealing posted:

horse weiner

What everyone sees but no one will admit to recognizing the shape of.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

I love you still :shobon:

<3

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Looked more like boat was just screwing around while Vee felt like the whole war effort was hanging on that debate interview.

I have to give Vee credit for setting some clear goalposts for the war: Take all Imperium space and disband the Imperium alliances.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 1, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Glory of Arioch posted:

that was vily, not vee

Oh good. I never knew Vily but I'm vaguely aware that we have/had a Vee.

I have a hard time seeing that Vily guy herding our fleets. He looks way to unironically serious.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Oh evekill. Like grandpa used to do it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Gropiemon posted:

What's the easiest way to save a super or titan that hasn't been subbed in a long time and is definitely not in friendly space? GM moving it appears to not be an option

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en...c243cdd547c1117

Talk to a capswarm director and absolutely no on else in the entire world about where it is or where it's going.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And it's obviously post-Heresy, so if we're the Imperium, then Mittens is already dead and entombed in a yellow office chair or something.

Can we please get a marketing guy on this.

It's post heresy and It's Darius Johnson in the golden throne as he was gravely wounded in the great war and entombed inside the golden throne. Mittens represents the Highlords of Terra and they enact Johnsons will across the Imperium.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Dadbuck posted:

DJ doesn't even like Mittani, and considering the loss of goon talent recently, I can see why.

The DJ clique never got along with the Mittani clique, and let's face it, Mittani tries to write himself into everything.

Turns out that was just an imposter pretending to be DJ.

The real DJ perished during the great war. Unbeknownst to everyone. With the help of CCP BoB had built 40 Titans inside a wormhole. This fleet was unleashed near the end of the war. Poised for victory the fleet approached Goon battle lines by passing through a secret wormhole network. Darius was alerted to this. Knowing that the knowledge of such a force would demoralize the rest of Goonfleet, he took a small rifter fleet of his most trusted lieutenants and went into wormhole space to face the BoB Titans. The fighting was viscous and DJ was seen to destroy five Titans single-handedly before taking a glancing hit from a Doomsday weapon. Ejecting from his rifter, DJ used his pod to crash the exit wormhole. Making it go critical and trapping the remaining BoB Titans in wormhole space forever. His pod however exploded as the wormhole sealed. His frozen corpse was recovered and taken back home to be interned into the golden throne. Now the throne rests in the undercroft of VFK. Our enemies suspect this and they know that DJs frozen corpse is the key to recovering the lost Titan fleet that they need to win this war.

One of his last edicts before he crashed his pod was the formation of hole squad. To serve as the eternal guardians of goonkind. Their destined task was to search out and close wormholes that lead to the trapped BoB Titan fleet. Making sure that these Titans remain sealed inside wormhole space forever.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Bob Socko posted:

Those are good odds.

Kind of a repost, throwing it out again: I have a carrier docked in a station in what was either LV or BoB space, way down at the SE corner of the map. I understand that jump drives are different now. Do I have any chance of getting it to current goonspace? I'm not asking for anything special or protected, no opsec, I'm just curious about general mechanics changes and the general distance involved.

PM me the location and I'll look at the maps.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

why don't your armor supes fit for travel?

Because travel modules go in the low slot which is where armour ships have their tank.

So the shield ships can fit max tank and travel but armour ships have to choose. This means that the armour ships choose tank in case we get attacked.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

With phoebe-range you can see a hostile super fleet from a gorillian miles away, and that's not even getting into refitting; what is this "in case we get attacked" crap?

And despite that we still manage to lose two or three supers per major move op. And that was with the watchlist.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I was never superstitious but it has got to be a bad omen when you deliver courier contracts and a contracting error leaves some behind to literally give you the finger.

Edit: And before you PL guys start fist bumping and head for the black ops-mobile. The screenshot is delayed by over a day and everything related has long since been delivered.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Apr 1, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

kiresays posted:

...Why don't you just refit to combat if combat is happening?

Because you bumped on the gate while the other supers jumped through. They are now in warp to in the next system but us as soon as they land, they will turn around and come save you.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

dragonstalking posted:

As long as everyone is travel fit there is zero chance of anyone dying before you can turn around and save them. Honestly if you didn't move so slow because everyone is tank fit, maybe you'd have less supers getting bumped or tackled. :shrug:

Who knows. I'm not going to speculate on what ifs. Talk to Tib or Mostly if you have input. If the fleet is already going at tank fit pace then I am keeping the tank on as well.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

Mittani goes fuckgoons and disbands the CFC as part of the best April Fool's joke ever

And then a few years down the line when the fittings team, finance team and all the FCs/marshals have gone to PL. When Querns is the GSF CEO and we are renting space from Provi.

We will look back and go "why did we have to go to low sec? Nothing good ever comes from low sec"

Edit:

Actually if this is our downfall then the reason would be that we broke our cardinal rule that fighting us should never be fun. We made fighting us incredibly fun. To the point where the rest of Eve has come for a slice.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

The reason would be GF is 10 pubbies per actual goon, and turned into BoB 2.0: a renter empire bloated by hubris with a leadership with its head so far its own rear end it's come out the other side, and totally disconnected from line members.

We take care of our allies and we take care of our members. No regrets.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

And my Ares just ran into a smartbomb camp

Full structure. Terrible, terrible smartbombers.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

kiresays posted:

I think you guys are doing something wrong.

We are pretty terrible at everything spaceship related. Especially capitals. Double so at catching them.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This has been a terrible couple of pages.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Stock photo, 2/10.

Aw but I was looking around really hard too. I am terrible with meats.

I cook a mean mushroom/shellfish soup though (cream based) :yum:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What is the viceroy thing question mark

An attempt to charge the people of low sec protection money so we wouldn't wreck all their stuff. We started by wrecking everyone's stuff and then people wanting to put up new stuff would have to pay. Though I don't think anyone did so we just wrecked stuff for two months and now for unrelated reasons all of Eve is at our doorstep.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Magres posted:

also zephyrine your av is cool and the comic your title links to is cool

Aw thanks. I really like Undertale and I instantly fell in love with the comic.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Magres posted:

yeah true gw2 pubbies fuckin hate goons

it's fun, theres an open world boss that spawns enemies that explode into aoes that murder you when they die, so goons always pull them into the pubbie zerg swarm when they stack up to kill the boss

you can also be in multiple guilds at once and choose which tag you wear, and there's a small goon guild with the same tag (WPAK) as one of the main furry guilds in gw2 and some of us switch to wearing that tag when we pull the bomb guys while people wearing tags for the main goon guilds scream in local about how those goddamned WPAK trolls are at it again

the WoW community lost their minds back in Wrath when goonsquad started winning wintergrasp by just parachuting in and blowing up the final door with hand thrown bombs to win instantly.

Magres posted:

change it to like goonwaffe coalition or something, jesus just the imperium is so cringey as a name

The name "Imperium" causes physical harm to pubbies with its sheer audacity.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 1, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

What's a red pill

I had to google that myself. I now get what it is and I'm glad we finally have a word for that.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I did it, I read the whole thing.

Anything juice?

I can't find the link.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I was talking about this spergfest of a thread that exploded 11 pages when I took a night to do RL poo poo. I'll post my TL;dr of logs later on (aka never).

Oh I assumed it was the CO2 diplo stuff.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I had a feeling the Syndic thing was a ruse. His roles seemed surprisingly played-up for a change. Usually you play someone down when you throw them out.

How many friends did you lose over this?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

:suicide:

Really it's my fault. I have only been shipping for 16 hours a day for 6 days straight now. Why would it get smaller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Oodles posted:

What do you expect when the pings go out telling us to stock the staging.

Oh no the staging is fine. That's a drop in the ocean of the total.

• Locked thread