Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
FC my butt itches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

:pusheen:

basically personality conflicts between bat leadership and the imperium

:laffo:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zasze posted:

Endie still is because he loves us, but instead now people knee jerk rage at him because he IS EVIL.

:allears:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Plot twist: it's probably delta echo or screamingidiot seeking attention again.

I might get in on it if something witty comes to mind but otherwise I'm tapped out playing my own reg games

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:toxx:

check check does this still work or

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

aw that's so cute you guys are like a circle of two having a skype chat itt

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
oh hi gizmodo

https://archive.is/rPDnG

According to the article we're moving towards our largest conflict in history. I'm sure there will be at least one metric to support that idea. Gate jumps and entosis life minutes wasted maybe.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 31, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

quote:

The Imperium made a huge amount of enemies during their expansion (This timeline gives a good summary) and they’re now facing an existential crisis.

If anyone is facing an existential crisis it's this game for the last decade

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
poo poo. sorry

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Get on the dogpile, but don't worry you have time. The disjointed, unorganized mob that is the rest of the game will surely see this assault through to completion.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
edit: dammit that emptyquote button does not play around. And it's so close to the other buttons.

GaussianCopula posted:

:tinfoil: What the likelihood that CCP allowed IWI to RMT some ISK in exchange for him bankrolling a massive war to get lot's of sweet media coverage? It seems like this would be a win win.
I would guess not so expressly but whatever their awareness, it's pretty funny how artificial this is. They've been trying to drive conflict since always and it took something so completely meta.

Isn't it always meta

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 31, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:laffo:

holy poo poo, they're brainwashed with the r/eve propaganda too.

The most unprecedented thing after this :airquote: extinction event :airquote: will be the magnitude of our dickswinging

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Now it's a Goon's war

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&hd=1

I got one volley off and it was final blow :v:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Gropiemon posted:

What's the easiest way to save a super or titan that hasn't been subbed in a long time and is definitely not in friendly space? GM moving it appears to not be an option

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en...c243cdd547c1117

I would keep bugging them about it while citing valid reasons that are in your way to becoming a returning player.

There are modules that will disallow warping let alone jumping, like too many fighters in your drone bay after fighter volume was increased. Maybe you have a module that breaks the current limit of slots (High, Mid, Low) or perhaps your fitting limits are exceeded (CPU, Powergrid).

Someone more familiar with the changes over the past few years would know more about what grounds you would have to ask for a capital move. You know, changes that would make you a sitting loving duck if you logged in.

There are hard and fast rules like that one in customer support but if they want you to play it's just a reasonable expectation that had you remained subbed you would have moved with your friends. And right now they're really open to the idea of resubscriptions.

What I've done is made a list of reasons to ask for what I wanted in my petition (in my case it was a Nightmare reimbursement after accidental PVP and Concord). They will try to deny you your petition but each time respond with a new reason from your list, and explain yourself.

Ask to be moved to Saranen initially, then give them hell until solving your problem causes them less of a headache than their dumb rules.

The category you want is "Stuck Character"

When they finally move you, don't log in until you get a hold of someone.

With reduced jump range changes, a whole poo poo ton of module and fitting fuckery, and simply being completely stranded in general after being away for so long, it's not unreasonable to expect a move. If you were currently playing and accidentally rolled yourself out of your wormhole in a carrier, then it makes sense for them to be hard-nosed about it.

edit: I don't know where our caps are, actually. It might not be Saranen.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 1, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Morris posted:

I saw that guy in our Jabber the other day, did he really join just to bitch us out or was he one of us all along?

That was pooki using a temporary handle in that jabber channel. It got me too.

Who is, by the way, read-only on goonfleet for posting a picture of some dude spreading his buttcheeks or some poo poo.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenpussy posted:

loving words, gently caress

Try asking to be moved into a station with your super so that you can apply to a corporation. If said corporation is Goonwaffe that's an added bonus since they want you to die for publicity in this war.

It's not pretty and the ship model clips, but supers can be reimbursed to a station.

Ask them how you would go about applying to a corporation in your super right now, and it will bring up all the right questions when they try to help you.

edit: I'm dumb, that's probably not going to happen since putting a super inside a station would allow you to put it on market or contracts.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 1, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
why did I click that

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

however with the same 2 nano, no snake fit i was able to clock about 350 m/s heated with a 10GN AB

Are they annotated as GN in the client? That is so cool.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Glory of Arioch posted:

no unfortunately, it was 10000MN AB :negative:

or it was when i was last on sisi which was a while ago

:slick:

it's April 1 aka ironic emote day

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dragonstalking posted:

:lol:

Really trying to win that failcascade bingo huh

You remind me of my ex wife who tries to bait me into conversations for the chance to remind me how unfortunate I am that she won't gently caress me any more.

I get it, you won't gently caress me.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dragonstalking posted:

Everything has a price if you know what I mean :gizz:

didn't want that pussy anyway

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

killstealing posted:

Xenuria is in GSF?

We put him third on the CSM ballot

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Magres posted:

given publishing fees, cover art costs (the artist who does the cover art for one of my favorite author's books gets paid somewhere in the five figure range per book cover - good cover art is not cheap), paying the author, and taking care of backer rewards, 150k for a book isn't even close to unreasonable

the fact that someone did one for like 20k doesn't make the 150k unreasonable, it just means the person who did it for 20k did it as a side project to their actual life and more or less did it for free

let your favorite author know they can find some real gems among furry artists on deviantart who will do a fancy cover for five figures including two decimal places.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:cripes: I tried to bring in two mains and forgot to checkbox

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
today's T3 death by a thousand shitlers

Fleet commander (vulvamancer): "Man, these do a lot of damage!"

hooked.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That Laz fleet. Our fleet of purple Machariel dots cross-jumping a fleet of blue Hurricane dots. I flew a Guardian and brought a sentry drone to get on kills, but things died too fast. The plan was to refit to hull repair drones with the Nestor.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Altran posted:

Imagine the smugs if goon doesn't get killed with the combined effort of EVE..

Already getting a taste of it, the dream is real

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Update on our continuing invalidation of entosis ships using frigates: We're up to Archons now.

The only thing this leaves is supercapitals for entosis duty.

The single most notable characteristic of the Entosis module is isolation from remote assistance, and capitals incur a 5x penalty to entosis module cycle time. For T1 entosis cycles that means 25 minutes of isolation per cycle. For T2 it's 10 minutes.

As long as that's true, sov can be defended unironically with WOLFPAX that will snipe the entosis ship out from under the noses of fleet support. "Wolfpacks," by the way, are a propagandized symbol of an alliance's downfall, which originated in a list of fail cascade signs penned by the mittani. The joke is that they're effective now. So fuckit, okay we're using wolfpacks and torpedo submarine warfare (another item in the list of failcascade signs).

Because it works. We proved over the last couple days that subcaps would be gangraped by 150 interceptors. They upgraded to capitals and ate the 5x increase in cycle time because they had to, and now carriers are invalidated as well.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How does PL support itself? Are all of their members independently wealthy?

The capital changes are relevant to my answer to this question. The simple answer is no, not really. They fund their gameplay with PLEX and neutral alts running incursions in high sec, or wormhole escalation farms. They are mercenaries compared to the lumbering industrial machine that is the Imperium.

PL is comprised of players who are individually capable of purchasing a supercapital. Replacing those supercapitals as an organization is another matter. With the coming capital changes that make capital warfare very bloody, PL is losing another aspect of their way of life.

Prior to this, it was jump fatigue that reduced their power projection. It was enough to cause Black Legion, another mercenary group, to try acting like a sov holding entity. Sov gameplay proved so alien to Black Legion culture that they disbanded.

PL's culture is based on taking very few losses compared to what they kill. Current supercapital mechanics also allow them to form a nearly invincible ball of ships. This synergizes very well with their [in]ability to replace losses as an organization compared to an industrial war machine and sov holder such as the Imperium.

Pandemic Horde was their attempt at acting like a sov entity, an occupation force I guess, but that's only so effective at producing income and fleet members.

Ideally they will always have a contract fueling them. They may have enough gumption to stick it out longer than Black Legion, but if they continue as a mercenary organization, their rates will increase dramatically due to the losses they will incur after capital warfare becomes incredibly bloody.

If it wasn't for PL right now we could facefuck everyone in EVE at once. After the capital changes, we'll be able to fight a war of attrition with everyone in EVE including PL if necessary.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The volume of their disruptive posting in this thread should tell you something.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Holy poo poo don't get stuck on a name. The corporate rebranding that is "Imperium" is just the devil's trick of convincing people Goons don't exist.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

I'm not hung up on the name at all (even if it is like the silliest pubbie "space empire" rebranding), I'm making the point that at this point goons are horribly outnumbered by pubbies in their own alliance

so what it works. It's me I'm the j4g, happy?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
My ex wife become insufferable right after the judge laughed at the idea of alimony when we'd only been married 2.5 years.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
was he the one who put two of every hetero animal on a boat for that flood

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
stop trolling

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
like it or not, PL is the best PVP group in EVE

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Thank you all so very much. Thank you to the Academy, thank you to all of you in this thread. I have to congratulate the other incredible posters this year for their unbelievable performances. "like it or not, PL is the best PVP group in EVE" was the product of the tireless efforts of an unbelievable list of j4Gs and true goons alike who I got to post with. First off, to my brother in this endeavor, Syndic Thrass. Syndic, your fierce dedication to making me look good by posting can only be surpassed by your attempts to make me look bad by posting. To FruitNYogurtParfait, as the EVE thread continues, you have forged your way into the top postcount list these past 2 iterations... thank you for creating a transcendent posting experience. Thank you to everybody at TMDC and Goonwaffe…my entire skype buddies list. I have to thank everyone from the very onset of my :10bux: career…to Vyst and Father Snuggles for accepting my corp applications to Aryth for not kicking me when I used jump bridges to bring up my multiboxed battleship fleet into Deklein. To my parents, none of this would be possible without you. And to my friends, I love you dearly, you know who you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It depends on whether the mechanics can be gamed to the attacker or the owner's advantage. Unlike sov where entosis burden was magically converted overnight, we get to pick.

• Locked thread