Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

hello new thread nice to meet you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

Take away the logi and that could be a dscan of JU-

Cannot possibly be JU- without the blob of Chimeras.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

quote:

~TL;DR~

The largest coalition in the game decided to take a poke at the numerically inferior Low Sec alliances. Instead of crumbling as expected to the superpower, they banded together and pushed them back out of their area of space, taking all of the big coalition's income in the area as they did.

Once people saw it was possible to beat this super-coalition, most of the player groups in the game decided to band together, with encouragement from the enormously rich I Want Isk (IWI) gambling organisation who have grievances with the super-coalitions's component alliances.

Today marked a major victory in taking the strategically important staging system of one of the super-coalition's player groups which caused that group to flip sides to the attackers.

:laffo:

The best part of this is them saying that IWI is "encouraging" the groups to come at us. That's a kind way of putting it.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Gotta love those sword fleets.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Nietzschean posted:

Baltecs Two point OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh :woop:

I joined in shortly before Baltec was retired and never got to experience it's glory. This excites me.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Huge_Midget posted:

Is there a recording of the SotG anywhere? Mittens twitch channel just has a 15 minute dead air video as the last aired video.

Of course, if the dead air broadcast was the actual SotG, then :golfclap: ggnextmap.

Here, good sir. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ekRsqVYnk

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

I had a friend who used to write insane diatribes about how SC was gonna kill EVE, and do everything EVE does but better, etc

How's that working out for him now?

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Boogalo posted:

They're changing the maximum targeting range from 250km?

It's only slightly farther targeting range now. The following example is an Aeon.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Eve is kill?

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

yes fozzie scraping the barrel for proof of a war. Suspiciously absent is the ISK total.

Did they even bother to provide a kill total? That would be interesting to know as well in addition to isk total that I see is not listed.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

blowfish posted:

Who? Please let it be Gevlon Goblin or something equally retarded.

Ironically he claims that he's quitting as a result of the upcoming Citadel expansion. Whether or not that will actually happen remains to be seen.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

If it actually happens, then the expansion will be a success.

:agreed:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Ice Fist posted:

For someone who posts a lot in this thread you sure don't read a lot of it.

To be fair, most of it is not worth reading to begin with.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

PS which is better

or

I prefer the bottom one, personally.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

I hope all of this comes to pass, and I hope everyone has fun because of it. I guess that's the benefit of having no aspiration for space in null and no ill-will towards fellow goons, I'm just here for the fun with no emotional investment whatsoever. The only time I got fired up recently to fight goons was when the whole viceroy thing kicked in and the imperium threatened our moons in lowsec and I sort of need those for stuff.

Also I made an EVE chat channel on the SA discord if anyone is interested, you can find the link to the server info here if you need it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

I know goonwaffe has its own services but both people in and out of goons in EVE can chat there if you like.

Speaking from the opposing side of the conflict, I can tell you that a lot of what you said is what I have noticed as well. As far as doctrines go, we're just trying to find out what works best for the situation. Given that we're up against many different entities who are all flying their own separate doctrines, it's gotta be hard to plan for one thing that will do good against all of them. However our numbers are slowly improving. Yesterday evening I was surprised to see we actually filled a full T3 fleet that wasn't a posted OP to try and contest the CSAA in Tenal. Now of course that fact was moot considering there were 1200+ hostiles that showed up to oppose us, but it's a good start and I hope we can get that consistently. I was bummed that we flew all the way out there (30+ jumps from our staging with a long warp tunnel every stargate because of 250+ dudes in fleet) and were not able to fight, but you have to admit that taking that fight was a good decision (at least for us).

I think that as you guys start to get closer to established systems that have higher ADMs that you're going to slow down a lot. As a coalition our forces were really spread out and now that we're consolidated I think that is going to help with resistance as well. And if you get as far as Deklein you might hit a brick wall entirely since those ADMs are pretty good and there will be tons of angry Goons ready to take revenge and defend our homeland. And if we lose Deklein? So what? While I think that the chances of this happening are extremely low you can't rule it out as impossible. Would losing Deklein cause the Alliance or Coalition to collapse on itself? I don't think so. It's not the end of the world by any means.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the next few weeks and it should be good fun either way no matter what happens. This is my first real war being with Goons for almost 2 years and so far I'm having a lot of fun participating and getting to shoot space mans. I joined in for other things such as the 2015 Fountain/Delve conflict and our GSF-only deployment to Immensea, but this is doesn't even compare. I hear a lot of people saying that the MBC is going to turn on each and break apart and people will get bored and go home and all that, so it seems like there is a lot of hope that will happen. Will it happen? Nobody knows. Will the Citadel expansion change things? Maybe. Time will tell, but I hope that we don't get complacent and put all our hopes solely on that happening. From what I have seen in previous conflicts, I can say that we have not even come close to reaching our full potential to wage war yet.

Anyways, that's just my opinion as a regular line member. Also, you're a chill dude and level-headed about the whole thing and I appreciate that. It is just a game after all. It's good to talk to rational people on the other side for once instead of the alternative poo poo-spewing, mouth-breathing, reddit-worshippers.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Potato Salad posted:

Good lord this game is pretty. Are the red spheres hictors?

Where/what's this from?

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

silentsnack posted:

e: okay might as well propose one: The War Wherein Eve Still Sucks

Probably the one thing ITT that we can all agree on.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Potato Salad posted:

:frogsiren: New Rooks and Kings video :frogsiren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-PbDCyh6tI

EvE is such a loving beautiful game

The above video has a neutral tone, so don't worry about getting Redditbrain watching it.

I liked the video. They always do a great job putting things like this together. The Clarion Calls are definitely some of my favorite EVE videos. And LM has the perfect voice for narrating. He could read the ingredients off a pickle jar and it would be mildly interesting to listen to.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Deofuta posted:

When did command destroyers become a thing? I'm so happy that the corax hull is being used for something new, but are they super useful?

When done correctly yes. You can MJD a group of logi away from their fleet, or the DPS off the logi, etc. It's also used on station undocks to combat docking games and jumps people off their undocks to a quick death. Does not affects capital ships though.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Drythe posted:

a sig to downvote reddit would be cool imo

That sounds more like cruel punishment than anything. (for the people involved not reddit lol)

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

That Golem skin is sexy.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Looks like I'll be staying up for awhile tonight. These logs are some good stuff.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

crew posted:

I remember at least 6 dudes or maybe even 12 getting banned, there was a soundcloud like a 5 hour one of all these iwi nerds talking about it.

And 1ronbank was like: lol i'll get em all reversed.

Didn't most of them end up getting reversed banned anyways afterwards? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

ON. EVERY. CALDARI. STATION*.

*that's build like the Jita 4-4 one.

Why would you do this? Now I will never be able to unsee this on each of those stations. :smith:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Are any of those NPC Titans still around in High-sec? I remember reading about them but never saw them and heard people saying that they are no longer there. That would have been neat to see as a newbie. The Eve Gate and the Titanomachy monument in B-R5 (memorial to the largest Supercapital battle the game has ever seen) are excellent places to visit as well once you get more acclimated to the game.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Despera posted:

gently caress I need money and cant ratt

Did you lose more isk on eve-bet again

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Despera posted:

I left yesterday, today was the mocking

And yes everyone who has ever left goonswarm was for a dumb not really believable reason

It sucks to see that you left but to each his own. If you're happier and enjoying the game somewhere else then that's what matters. Good luck with your new space friends, and be careful with that Avatar (and eve-bet). :cheers:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

vyst posted:

Just FYI cats are terrible creatures. Dog supremacy.

Namaste.

:agreed:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

That metashow was the most entertaining thing I've seen in awhile.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

LemonDrizzle posted:

This is a pretty great video of a guy hunting ratters solo with a sin and cyno tengu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYyx2lMQ4k

Makes me wanna do the same, only I know I have neither the patience nor the skill to do it effectively.

Awesome video, thanks for sharing. I wish I had half of the skills as that dude. Good music too that tied in well with the gameplay.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

I've been seriously considering putting in an application to Black Ops. I think I can fly everything you guys use with good skills and the stuff you guys do interests me a lot more than flying mainfleet.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Siets posted:

Has anybody else tried out citadels on Sisi and found them hard to use or unintuitive? I could not dock at a single one that I found anchored in space, which was fairly annoying since there were so many cluttering my overview. I imagine this is just due to a bunch of people anchoring them for themselves without giving a poo poo about the docking/usage permissions since it is Sisi, but I am hoping that this isn't what to expect going forward on TQ.

There's citadels in 3V8 and JU- that are friendly that I know of offhand that you should be able to dock in if you're still messing around with that. Things have been borked on Sisi in general though recently with all of the activity. A week or two ago they had an issue with setting permissions on the Citadels so that nobody could dock in them at all. My client is frequently encountering a desync issue with the server where I can't dock anywhere in anything and my overview gets frozen so the game thinks I am off in a fixed point in space but on my screen I'm sitting at 0 on a friendly station trying to dock or attempting to jump a stargate and nothing happens. Sometimes relogging fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. :shrug:

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Those images you made are awesome. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Hobold posted:

I was looking at my alts queue, and realized I'm stupid. She's got Exhumers 4, Mining Frigate 1. :eng99:

You just now figured this out?

• Locked thread