Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Now with 100% less concern trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

dragonstalking posted:

Reddit legit has more accurate info than that post.

Even if that were true (Hint: it's not) it's not worth trawling through the poo poo that is yours and everyone elses posting there to find it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

I was sort of surprised what a high tier ship the Venture was in a wormhole. Sure there are T2 versions now but the venture was tanky, had warpcore strength and could hold a lot of gas.

At the same time the gas clouds are so big that no one could sneak up on you. I used to just orbit the gas cloud while perma running the MWD.

It is one of the best cost/effort/reward ratios in the game especially for a newer player, the t2 one doesnt mine any faster either it just has a bigger hold

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Daytripping into W-Space for relic and data sites or gas sounds like it'll be fun. Is there anything that is super important, aside from a cloak, the ability to use d-scan and a working knowledge of probing and bookmarks?

Join holesquad :v: but really though, just check the j sig against eveeye.com and if it's c1-3 there may be null explo sites, they'll be named after one of the pirate factions and don't have rats.

As for surviving, when you jump into a hole before you drop probes warp around cloaked and look for people/active towers on dscan (i recommend making a overview with moons, towers, forcefields and the storage pos mods so you can find them quickly) and if there are active people then be cautious about doing sites in there.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

WhoNeedsAName posted:

So something like an Astero/Stratios or T3 would be a good idea to take for relic/data?

If you can, stick to a t2 covops frig to start as they are cheap and will pay for themselves in 1 site

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

VideoGames posted:

Good morning thread! I am at work so I cannot do any mining.

I think I might do those starter missions later if I get a chance.

Starter missions are nice to get your feet wet, i recommend the sisters of eve epic arc for some nice backround on the game (you'll probably need a hand killing one of the "bosses" but im sure you can recruit a goon to help with that easy enough :shobon:)

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

WhoNeedsAName posted:

So it's pretty much the same as normal hostile 0.0 exploration but the only way to tell whats going on in the hole is to be good at probing. That's good to know and might be worthwhile doing purely to improve my probing skills.

I have a few Cheetahs kicking around but was thinking about going after sleeper sites. I guess it is worthwhile running with them until I lose them though.

Pretty much yeah without the local, WHs aren't as scary as people make out. For doing actual sleeper sites if you're in a c1/2 you could do them in a confessor or a svipul

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
So is it finally time for gsf to move into whs?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Revive Groon.

Already happening, sort of, I think

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

So I'm spitballing an idea here. Horde are starting to rat in their gains to raise ADM values. Who amongst you has a neutral alt with cyno 5 you wouldn't mind putting in horde. Who among you can fly a recon/blops/stratios/bomber?

Who thinks open recruitment is a recipe for dead ratters?

Who is interested?

Don't even need cyno 5, just a scout with a cloak so you have a warpin

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ChickenWing posted:

same

Remember that time that TEST brought a fleet that had zero chance of winning to the 6vdt armour timer? Remember how we all commended them for their heroic last stand? Remember how we absolutely didn't call them idiots for the following year for wasting what little money/materiel they had left on a leeroy into our six mega fleets?

oh wait

Yes because giving a send off to a home that goons have lived in for so long has no value whatsoever, nope, none at all

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Sort of the point you keep missing. We don't live in VFK.

We DID live in ya0 though and that's gone too you idiot

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
It is a double edged sword not using APIs and accepting almost everyone instantly, but honestly as they are a different alliance altogether it seems to be working for yourselves pretty well and nullifies a lot of issues you'd run into doing the same with say karmafleet

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Samiz posted:

Is there some sort of application process for Greater Goon as there is for Goonwaffe or can I just apply to join?

You need to register and post on the forums greatergoon.com

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Dalael posted:

Who's camped in saranen? I've been docking and undocking all day yesterday.
In fact, undocking is easy thanks to insta warp. Its the docking back up that's a bitch. I lost 2 interceptors and 2 pods because those drat svipul can lock and blow you up between the time you get out of warp and get accepted in the station. :psyboom:

Try setting it as the destination and while you are in warp click autopilot and it *should* auto-dock you

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

CainFortea posted:

There is a loving insta dock Corp bookmark you dork.

They don't always work as we've been pointing out

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Foehammer007 posted:

I wonder what that stratios fit is in the beginning.

Probably stupidly expensive whatever it is, speaking of which his redeemer had officer guns :eyepop:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Blazing Zero posted:

how do you know there's anything of value there tho

Because of the leak a day or 2 back by a director renaming the station and naming it as the cache for dreadnaughts stored in case of emergency, which could be a ruse :shrug:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Also at this point pretty much every station in dek can be assumed to have at least some relatively large number of assets stored just due to how long gsf have been living there and building up

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Da Mott Man posted:

Maybe, but it didn't feel right to poo poo talk about a game I've never played.

:eonwe: would disagree :v:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
You can manually pilot your ships in eve now btw, its been in the game for a few months, and they have recently added a first person camera view with tracking so if that's really your thing you can do it

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

frozenpussy posted:

EVE is a game for 40-year-olds with nearly all advantages for reflex removed.

You clearly never solo pvp or small gang, being able to manually pilot your ship or micro your mods effectively are essential to doing either of those well

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

LemonDrizzle posted:

This is an interesting battle report (trigger warnings: reddit, admiral goberius) talking about Horde's tactic for adapting to swordfleet and hacker headshots: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4f73uj/horde_world_eaters_erase_an_entire_goon/

It's all a bit Enemy At the Gates, really - "One out of two gets a wand! When the one with the wand dies, the one following picks up the wand and hacks!"

Surely seems an effective way to do it, if a bit costly in losses but if the corp is paying for the entosis (and can continue to do so) and not individuals it seems like a viable strategy to quickly gain the upper hand

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

objectively bad posted:

Average 4.5 minutes per mission with two carrier guys.

~80 mill per mission

It used to be better, when they first released Fed navy mindlinks I was getting something stupid like 2500isk\lp. Which worked our at about 220 mil per mission

Think you'd be able to maintain that sort of isk/hr with the new carrier changes? With nids getting a speed and damage mod I was thinking it might be possible but having never done them I wasn't sure, do you use sentries much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
So worst case you'll lose out on 1-2 missions that you used to do, and for the tackle frigs you could either use the interceptor fighters or as your highs are freed up a bit with no rr being possible smartbombs might handle them ok?

• Locked thread