Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

new thread, smells

its full of goons, of course it smells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

Holy poo poo no wonder the guy was able to write the OP in 24 hours or whatever that's like two words an hour.

goons are currently on the quality side of the quantity vs. quality divide, unlike last year

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

We never offiically lived there - back in the Scalding Pass days/just after the LV war, several squads had poses in Etherium Reach (K-7 then) for Amarr folks to use to rat.

we owned etherium reach and later sold it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Magres posted:

oh yeah i remember reading about montolio going loving bonkers

didnt he have a complete meltdown over losing the fountain war or something

E: to be clear it sucks that he was having problems like that, and i hope he's doing better

it's also funny as poo poo when people have meltdowns over internet spaceships

i think it was his replacement booda that really completely lost it when they lost the war

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

VFK went uncontested.

i mean, it wasn't a contest, but a whole lot of people tried to make it one and decided to use a test-level strategic plan

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you're spending that much effort making that much loving isk and not just RMTing it all then you are unbelievably retarded.

ever since the sreegsing of elusif rmting would take more work than a real job

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dragonstalking posted:

Baki Yuku talked at length about them during a standby-to-standby formup, so yes absolutely. They won't be worth getting just for that purpose, but if you have one gently caress it use it.

Never understood why GOON hates that guy so much, he's not that bad of a dude, and his sperg is just normal German poo poo.

i love baki yuku

it's anyone who lets him in their alliance i can't understand

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Deofuta posted:

Baki also managed to bungle up a large null sec financial scheme, I think that one was NOPEC?

he didn't just bungle that, he ran it so poorly it couldn't have shoveled cash from TEST to GSF any better if it tried

we then used that cash to fund the invasion of fountain, which went swimmingly well thanks in part to the GSF altcorp in TEST that Test's altcorp guy, Baki Yuku, had failed to notice for over a year and kept failing to notice even as TEST sbus were vanishing left and right

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iirc baki yuku was also the person who told TEST members complaining they hadn't gotten reimbursements in ages (because TEST was broke in no small part thanks to baki yuku) to "stop being poor"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

I don't really know what you're talking about, unless you think that the alt-history forum was an allegory for here or something and that I was obliquely complaining that bad people are rude to me or something. It's not, it was this place: http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=16

once this war is over thats the only place you and reddit will be able to discuss this war happily :sun:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the difficulty in replacing Titans more about logistics and time to build rather than isk at this point?

Individual titans, yeah. A titan fleet is going to hurt anyone's finances badly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i, too, cannot see the difference between vouching as an option and vouching as the only option

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

scots have always had the option of subjugating themselves to the british throne, i don't see why a minority of them are upset that's their only option

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

Is eve fest still held in Ísland or dos they move it to Vegas? I just remembered that Spankys got on the H1Z1 mumble one night and was fuckin turnt up and talking about how great Vegas is

There's both.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

We did have *lots* of discussions about why Goonwaffe was so inactive and so disinterested - participation always low enough that they would be booted if a member corp, while only about 900 of their characters log in in the last month at any given time, even in war - and one of the many ideas we kicked around was that the ceo of waffe be different from the ceo of GSF, and that they be someone who could lavish time on getting an identity and activity back. But I can certainly say that I would hate to be that person.

that idea was literally 'kicked around' only by you, repeatedly

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

frankly though the best self-aggrandizement was when mittens found out you'd been passing yourself off as the #2 for years when you got caught trying to poach sma people

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

Yeah we were told to go out and start poaching talent from allies and I got carried away and was caught trying to poach some director of SMA when working my way down the killboard top ten. Woops! I would be all "I am the number two person in goonswarm" and some people in TSC were very worked up that there was a formal hierarchy and that you shouldn't tell people you were number two if you were number three and stuff.

Still got a bunch of good people from that though.

iirc the actual reaction of tsc was to roundly mock you because, after all, you had just gotten caught being about as subtle as a xander leak and that was hilarious as gently caress

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is Miniluv still being bankrolled out of Warr's own wallet or does it get alliance support?

miniluv is bankrolled by the massive quantities of freighter loot that keeps falling off the back of a truck near them

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Daruna posted:

So is it safe to assume that you guys are trying to coalesce in one place before you start putting up an active resistance? If that's the case, it could be said we are actually helping you by forcing you closer and closer together by "liberating" regions.

I can't speak for other entities or even other people in PL but the faster you guys start shooting back, the better. Even if we lose, I just wanna fight :unsmith:

to make a long story short, our overriding wartime philosophy is to make absolutely sure you have as little fun as possible

if you want fun fights, we do them in your house, in our house there is only suffering and misery

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

What ever happened to him? All I remember is he went "gently caress goons" and was somehow being indicted by the government.

hes in the army now

he asked about the requirements to get into special forces :laffo:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

kiresays posted:

I didn't realize how ashamed we were of B-R

yes, i too believe the elite pvp supercap organization full of people who want to be the biggest elite raiders in their elite ships in all of eve were not at all upset when they lost the supercap throne to a bunch of goons

you're second best at the only thing you were ever good at :sun:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Retarded Goatee posted:

lmbo at The OSS getting grouped in with the grrrr backstabbers in this recent gsf ceo update

Yeah sure, you kicked us 10 months ago and expect us to sit out the largest conflict this game has seen in the last couple of years - that's loving likely. This is dumb as poo poo and really grasping at straws.

please tell us more about how the ceo update hurt your feelings

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i don't even remember why i paid :10bux:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

They hosted a file on gf.com or wherever. Moron clicks it and they tracked which IP accessed it and they checked the logs on gf.com to see who has the same IP. It's not super complex, if you're going to spy you really should use a VPN.

of course if youre going to spy you shouldnt post your top secret leaks on reddit for mad upvotes either

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

its kinda odd xolve is wigging the gently caress out, maybe i should reread those logs again

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

Do people forget what happened with somer and stuff or does mittens just not care

i mean, the problem you have with this narrative is mittens shared the email privately which is a completely reasonable thing to do

lemba was the one who spread it all over the internet, so if you try to prod ccp into banning someone over it getting out it's much more likely to be lemba that gets in trouble

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"hey dont share thing"

"hey i shared a thing with 50 people, one of those people spread it elsewhere"

"ok well we told you not to share thing, but we're ognna punish that guy who shared the shared thing"

uh it makes perfect sense, ccp gets annoyed when you splash their emails all over the internet

ccp got mad at somer, among other things, because after his second rmt thing got busted he posted all their emails publicly

now, i'm sure that mittens comments along with the email won't be viewed all that positively but he didn't smear it all over the internet, lemba did

nobody is going to be banned over it of course, but people who try to get mittens banned over the email being on the internet are being dumb as hell

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you're retarded if you think lemba would possibly be the one to get in trouble with ccp over second hand poo poo that came from mittani and has mittani's name on it

you're retarded if you think anyone's getting in trouble over it but if you're clutching your pearls about the somer precedent it's much more applicable to lemba than mittens

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LemonDrizzle posted:

Fozzie droppin' bombs: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soia8k

Translation: if you form a mega-alliance to work around the intended limitations of the system, expect your tactics to be broken by future changes to the mechanics.

capital systems aren't a reward, they were put in because we pointed out that people don't rat and mine in capitals (they're too crowded) so their adms are bad

of course i am not suprised fozzie was unable to come up with a better example as this principle never existed

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"you're going broke losing so many fleets, you should lose more. why doesn't anyone believe me?"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

Are we going broke? :ohdear:

we have a fairly substantial war chest so we can last a while without income should it come to that, and of course xolve is dumb

if we kept flying machfleets we might be soon though, those were expensive to welp

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apseudonym posted:

My support skills are good, sadly most my pew pew skills are in projectiles which seem to be firmly in the poo poo category now. I'm not far from a Proteus so I'll probably do that too.

I'll probably post my skills in black ops later today to get some advice, my skills are all over the place. My plan last I played was to go for a panther for hop dropping and stuff, they any good? I could just as easily go for a sin skill wise.

More than anything else, get interceptor skills.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Massasoit posted:

If you log in to your eve account management you can get an API for your account and use a tool like evemon to check skills and isk and maybe assets too.

API doesn't work if you're unsubbed.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Glory of Arioch posted:

hello this is a reminder to train actual skills related to moving things like blops bs and jump freighters so you don't have to move BPOs in a loving interceptor ty and g*d bless

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Large capacitor rigs, man that thing is old.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

kismeteer was being dumb in a fleet with tiberizzle and tiberizzle was, well, tiberizzle in his graceful tolerance for stupidity and patient discussion of carefully explaining a very basic task. so kismeteer, in a reasonable and not-at-all whiny child who didn't get their way manner, renamed the ccp station to "CCP-US XII - GoonWaffe Dread Cache Station" and then started iming a bunch of people about how much stuff he could steal resulting in gsol people who have been doing an incredible amount of work already with the war having to drop what they're actually doing and run around and figure out if he did steal anything while his roles were being stripped, secure everything, etc

i'm sure in his mind the fact he didn't ~actually~ steal all that stuff made it all ok but what the gently caress, who throws that sort of snit and stress out people who are already doing too much because tiberizzle was mean to him. like, if you can't deal with people being mean to you, why the gently caress did you volunteer for a tiberizzle op, the nicest tiberizzle ever is to someone is not actually calling them an idiot at that particular moment :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

i wonder if there's been any actual people who have gambling addictions and have given thousands of dollars to CCP for plex to fund the habit

if someone did some cool investigative journalism it would probably be better than fluff pieces about how CCP is loving up in florida or w/e

There have been, we had to ban a guy out of GSF for his own loving good after we discovered (due to a loan default) he'd gambled away every isk he had, borrowed more, and was spending all his disposable income on plex to gamble more. Might have even been more than his disposible income and he was actually gambling away his rent to try to win loving isk.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

oh gently caress did i forget to move my spacepolice skins

edit: oh, i bet i can just apply them to characters from wherever, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

i assume it works the same as plex

are there any really cool skins? I'll probably buy a spacepolice cause it's cheap, I'd like some other baller ones for my frigs as well if possible

besides the spacepolice skin, i think the only ones worth even mentioning are the supercapital ones because they're just another layer of paint on your blinged out autism chariot

sadly, most of the supercapital ones are loving hideous or boring as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Huge_Midget posted:

I'm seriously starting to think that at this point we might as well stop logging in for a month or two. Let r/eve have their orgy of terrible posting, let PL smug off for the Alliance Tournament, and let them grow complacent thinking we've packed up and headed off for greener pastures. Then in a few months we come back, retake Deklein and the surrounding regions, and go back to skullfucking CO2 and the rest of these shitlers once they are infighting over the spoils of war.

fozziesov makes it virtually effort-free to take away a region not being defended at all, you want to maximize the effort they have to put in while minimizing your own

• Locked thread