Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

i will make this commitment, when I am done with tree of savior and I am looking for another MMO, I will make it EVE

I will be a huge loving idiot because I'm bad at games but I'll try

Aww yeah, getting the band back together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Jacada posted:

I found this post and wanted to share it because it's amazing. Are we really not truegoonz when we still can generate such hilarity as below?

Guys listen to him, he used to be a goon years ago!

I'm glad he's an ex goon, he sounds like a whiny bitch.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I made a production/trading/mission alt and I'm wondering, what kinda ships do you aim for to do level 5 missions?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

How about some stepping stones then, Ishtar? T3 thingy?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

If you going to do T3 stuff (and you should T3's are the best more useful ships in the game) just do regular pirate missions and or just go around scanning for DoD plexes. There are tons of regions of nullsec with no people in them were you can scan in peace.

What's DoD stand for?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eonwe posted:

its my boy Xachariah, how you been???

Pretty good, I got a hearing implant mid last year and I've gotten to the point I can make out what people are saying on voice com's. Mostly. Some. It's not perfect but better than the nothing previously. Decided to try out some eve as I wanted to be in fleets with voice com's, see how I fare.

Been in a sword fleet with Jay as FC and it was a lot of fun. Took a little time to get used to it but a guy called Uncle Pilot assisted me with backup relays and broadcasts.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

dragonstalking posted:

Are you dumb? You could fill jita with CFC hubris statements that never came true.

Can you post some 'cause the only thing more funny than non-goon hoisted by their own hubris fails are goon ones.

Would certainly be more fun than the cat fighting bitching at each other going on right now.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that's the dude with a post history that is literally just this thread because he paid :10bux: to INVADE THE ECHO CHAMBER that you're responding to earnestly

I don't blame him, have you seen reddit? How are you supposed to have an invigorating debate with anyone if your posts are all hidden under collapsed comment chains thanks to disagreement downvotes?

Even if you're one of the heroic bee swatters no one will see your witty cutting retorts under a critical mass of back patting. It's depressing really. You aren't going to get any of the attention you crave among your peers so you're forced to wade into the stinking mire of goony autism. Just so you can stand face to face with someone, on equal footing, in a non-popularity contest, and accurately call them a wanker. No oversensitive Eve forum mods, no immense horde of downvoters. Just mano a mano.

Lets slap fight and call each other misinformed cunts and be glad we aren't reddit.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

evilweasel posted:

i don't even remember why i paid :10bux:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1131026&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

This was funny so I paid 10 bux to read more funny.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Cygni posted:

yeah, thats been the vibe im catching too. culture-wise, it really is gsf and everyone else. which isnt a surprise, thats kinda how its always been. gsf is fueled by pure hatred and goofs.

and not to go all true goon or whatever but a lot of the random cfc corps dopesyck smacktalk in local makes me Sesfan sigh.

e: realized that probably nobody cares after i posted this. sorry. just wanted to post. hey guys. im posting now.

Lets watch these and remember the times we weren't on the Eve Online map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyIjMFGqcQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ObGQ_84itY

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

dragonstalking posted:

So when Dek falls in a week or two can we make it official that goons are living in lowsec?

:smug:

Sure why not?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

awesomecopter posted:

I don't understand why anyone would join to rat.

Incursions are much better money without having to actually own or defend space.

Failing that, blitzing FW missions in bombers.

Also what's the point of getting isk not as a means to an end? I hope anyone ratting or pve ing is saving up for pvp ships otherwise their entire existence is pointless.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

No, really, I'm not wrong in this instance. There's really no use debating it.

Too bad you can't down vote it and either have to debate your retardedness or shut up.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

I don't need to debate anything. Everyone I know in EvE who is outside the Imperium lives a much more fluid lifestyle of friend-enemies that roam one night and fleet up another.

You're denying the existence of a play paradigm followed by a huge pie slice of the rest of the galaxy. Look at a sov map and come back here.

No I'm saying there's a chance you're retarded for seriously using the argument that you're right and that's that.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Dadbuck posted:

We've lost all the best, core goons.

No I'm still here.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Glory of Arioch posted:

those sites rely on people with Real Life Gambling Problems to convert their USD into ISK via plex

that is why ccp implicitly allows them to exist until they get too cocky or uncomfortable, somer blink was only shut down because the idiot who runs it posted a mail from CCP's VP of Sales

also lmoa that 1ronbank guy is an idiot, we don't even use machs any more hardly

Shush don't tell him. If he buys all the grindr fleet doctrine ships I'm blaming you.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

crew posted:

This is the dude who spent trillions on injectors to roll up a maxed character with every skill at V

If you had isk like that and would for the forseeable future tell me you wouldnt rmt that poo poo to pay your mortgage, your student loans, buy a lambo, whatever.

Spent the equivalent of $25k on that stunt too didn't he? Should have invested it or got something real out of it. He's like a poor person who has won the lottery and doesn't know what to do with all the money he got.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

My god the Reddit truth brigade is right. *pours gasoline over Dek and lights it*

I'm out of this loser party. Smell you later poo poo lords.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

For what it's worth I approve of the new SP thing. Biggest hurdle for new people is having to wait while you train requirements for stuff.

10k is a lot to new people but nothing to people who are vets with 50m. New blood is good for the game.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

We can take PL, we can take NC. We can't take them both, which is what this big thing is about.

Have the IWI chatlogs been talked about yet? Someone gave me a summary and it boiled down to "rich boy buys friends."

e: also apparently setting up illegal RMT Alliances for SUAS and friends.

Rich guy? Apparently he lives in a trailer. Can you imagine living in a trailer and blowing the equivalent of what seems to be thousands of dollars on paying mmo mercenaries to do mmo things?

It's unfathomable to me, I would be cashing out, investing in real life things, chunking a mortgage, funneling money into a savings account. Not living in a trailer pouring money into a virtual bottomless pit.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Xolve posted:

The best thing you can do right now, is just remain calm, hop in some fleets and make reservations for your many corpses in space valhalla (if you're into that). Whatever this coalition is, it isn't a permanent thing- once we've planted our flags and finished this conquest the MBC will split up and there will no doubt be some agreements drawn and whatnot, but I don't see any of these alliances holding the North for any extreme length of time (certainly not 5+ years)- if you can get whatever you have out, do it. If not- well it's not the end of the world.

As far as I can tell, the Imperium strategy thus far is to bore us to death on some weird promise of future retribution. I'm just excited for this conquest to be over, and to ruthlessly feast on the small groups of players trying to stake their claim in the North, it should be ~content~ and ~good fights~ for the forseeable future.

This is much more difficult than you might imagine.

How come? Isn't he already trading large volumes of Isk to people apropos of nothing to "attack CFC"?

Seems it would be trivial to say "Oh yeah here's a 1T mercenary contract to Shitfuckers United to attack Wankers Incorporated" *IRL Shitfuckers United owner wired him $800, CCP can't check cause they're a game company in Iceland*

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Shux posted:

I've only recently come back, should I be buying a super or just go and play something else?

You can still use smaller ships, interceptors, heavy cruisers, battleships, destroyers and bombers.

Way more fun imo too.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Slow day at work dragon talker??

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

is themittani.com arguing....that gambling.....with space assets.....is illegal.........and even remotely enforceable

I dunno I've never visited, pretty sure the only people who do are people who don't like mittens. Pretty much funding his yacht trips from anti CFC click baits.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

calling this thread, which is by far the most realistic place to talk about EVE O N L I N E (a bad game for bad people) on the internet, "indoctrinated" shows how loving stupid you are gently caress off forever dumbass

If we're indoctrinated Reddit must be North Korea

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Crimewave posted:

I appreciate that.

And this certainly is a different flavor than what I'm used to, I'll admit.
I haven't spent time in any community really where that's the approach to finding out what people are about.

** actually I highly doubt what's transpired is actually 'hazing' but that's neither here nor there.

frozenpussy posted:

yeah I know, when people know nothing about you they come off as being pissed off for no drat reason. And you're right, hazing has a legitimate place in new guy situations but I doubt these nerds have ever seen that done properly.

Oh my god my eyes rolled up into my head, I can't unroll them someone help

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Nietzschean posted:

how many interceptor fleets equals a battleship fleet in isk value and do you think that number, n, interceptor fleets dunked provides more or less utility to our foes than a single battleship fleet dunked

also what flavour of pizza should dbrb order this is an even more important question than the above

Hmm hold on let's do a complex utility analysis, we just need to do a large scale study of preferences. Ordinal or cardinal?

Is pepperoni higher utility than tandoori chicken? Are anchovies negative utility???

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

darth cookie posted:

How does he feel about being pvp'd? I wanna retain his sub and CCP says it'll help. :ohdear:

It's cool he can buy thousands of ventures at this point.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Oh no you misunderstand me. I was asking if asign was a goon Corp because I worried that maybe last night someone tried to scam me or get me to spy in a roundabout way.

I don't plan on joining any corps really. If anything I would just have my own Rock Venture Chill Mining Friends corp for fun.

That's how Goonswarm started 10 years ago. Whatever you do don't follow a fat lawyer to syndicate to mine crokite. That's where it all went down hill.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

That background is hilariously worse than the bee one.

Which, coincidentally, hasn't been changed if you already had it applied. :toot:

I like this new one, it's nice. I have good opinions so there.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

Thought experiment:

In one hand, you value your alliance identity and respect the identities of alliances fighting alongside you. You're mad that CCP slighted your allies by focusing just on one alliance's identity. In the other hand, you want to poach / absorb your allies.

What to do?

Answer: you take a bite out of CCP Manifest (I know this guy! He's an Atlanta CCP duder. We'd go to bars in Decatur / Druid Hills when I still played) then post the concern-trollsy exchange with CCP Manifest in an Illum chatroom that you know is suffering from continuous leakage.

What?

Of all things I can't believe this is what concern trollers have latched on to. Yeah, mittens is a megalomaniac, that's what makes being in his space guild fun.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Siets posted:

Ironically, the way for you guys to get the fights you want would be to pull a CO2 and flip to our side. :)

That would be unbelievably hilarious. I'd be laughing forever, can you imagine the poo poo storm?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Helicon One posted:

Sure is a pity that they moved to the only part of space with anything happening only to discover that they'd set most of the people there blue or 'not blue but no you can't shoot them'.

Yeah but c'mon undock, undock please. You cowards just undock one by one. Ok I don't want you to undock anyway. *pretends to turn away* *peeks* Awk unlock and welp your poo poo into a numerically superior force God dammit!

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

^ Gamma Squad best squ :effort:

Gotta turn down my headphones when I'm in a boat fleet cause he tries to make me deaf(er).

Since getting the implant he's literally the only person I've turned down the volume for.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Penif still owns it. He was trying to sell the alliance a year or two ago.

I will give him seven ISK for it.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Makes me a bit sad when people lose high value stuff. Not cause of any reason other than I wish I had that amount of space cash.

Playing on and off since 2004 and I gots like 400m liquid and 2b in space ships.

That guy there lost 3 times my networth in 2 seconds, why am I so bad at video games :(

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Sixx Spades posted:

I moved 180B worth of cap bpos through the Kinakka pipe in a similarly fit Raptor (with 3 I-stabs) without any problems. I also used a scout so I knew if I would run into smartbombs or an insta-camp.

Dude was fuckin' dumb trying to get through EWOK in a barely fit ship.

Holy poo poo 180b. Would be making GBS threads myself the whole way to safety.

Also yeah, if he didn't have a scout it was super dumb.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

4. YOLO, welp your poo poo, provide hilarity to enemies and allies alike.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

Are we still going to call ourselves "The Imperium" when we're all that's left? Because that's dumb.

I refuse to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

yall awful concerned about that guy who throws obnoxious babydick tantrums

Right? Why are a bunch of anti-goonswarm snits so concerned about some dude who had a tantrum and got bounced?

• Locked thread