Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Remember, we are literally too big to fail and simultaneously losing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

fix lag is chugging the koolaid

There isn't an ironicat large enough here.

Fix Lag posted:

There's a lot of bitter ex-girlfriending going on there on both sides.

I dunno. CO2's passive aggressive "you should have known there was stuff wrong even though we didn't say anything" is much more ex-girlfriendy I'd have to say.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 9, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

We get smug pings full of tildes and asked to go watch whatever lovely web show is on his twitch. Or links to tweets.

Edit: The last time I know he was logged in was when he and xenuria got on some killmail together, and that's only because it was posted in the previous thread. That was, a few months ago.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't think I'd count the end in 2008. Personally I wouldn't count the end until IT went the way of the dodo and delve was fully pacified.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Never feel bound to space or groups you find toxic. EVE is a video game and is meant to be enjoyed. You're going to get a load of flak here for trying out different stuff. This thread has always had the same posters freaking out any time someone goes elsewhere because their group has always thrived on appearing to be the only possibility in EVE for SA members.

:ironicat:

Especially when you remember that most of the prolific posters in this here very thread have gently caress all to do with Goonfleet.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I actually missed the start of this war cause it's easier to just not login to jabber than go turn off opt all broadcasts.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Glory of Arioch posted:

i don't get the whole broadcast thing, like why does getting a message in a chat room cause this weird anguish

if you don't like what the message says then don't do the thing or click on the thing, it's not like it's robbing you of your soul

It's not an existential crisis or something. It's just annoying to hear the "badum" sound, and have a flashy icon about poo poo that is dumb as gently caress. Like the twitch shows or H1Z1 poo poo.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Spin it as a strategic redeployment, riding bikes, whatever you gotta do, there ain't poo poo we can do in the near term to help the situation in the northwest so sitting and treating this like Dominion sov is a bad idea. Mittani talked in his fireside chat about "Not treating this like Dominion sov" but all i've seen is us trying to punt timers, and or getting wrecked putting up a pitiful defense of a region we can't hope to hold in the face of the opposition arranged against us, basically treating this war like Dominion sov. We proved 2 weeks after Fozziesov came out that it takes only a matter of a week or two to lay an entire region to waste, and we did it in one of the most heavily cluttered regions in EVE, the only one more cluttered than Deklein.

We can cut a red swath through random space in the south and southeast while dek burns to the ground, lets loving do that.

The fact is that we're bleeding manpower and motivation sitting in Saranen waiting for the northwest to burn, so the best thing the leadership could do is come up with something to motivate us to do something. Come up with a light-weight doctrine that doesn't require a gently caress-ton of prepositioned assets, and deploy to NPC null or lowsec near a region far away, and just burn it to the loving ground, nothing gets a crowd excited and gets people pumped that indiscriminate bloodshed, and I can almost guarantee that if we deployed away from Saranen, morale would pick way the gently caress back up.

Sup, i've been on multiple fleets every day i've had off work for this whole week, dunking poo poo and getting dunked in return. I've done more stuff with goons in space in the last week than I have in the previous 3 months.

I have no idea what you guys are loving talking about. If you're getting killed on the undock by lowsec shitlers, stop playing undock games.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

About a month ago I had logged in, taken a good hard look around and generally didn't like what I was seeing. All of the squads were dead, all but a few of the sigs were dead. Pretty much any group that got you out into the galaxy during periods of peace had been marginalized in some way shape or form through either leadership burnout, or uh I'm just going to politically call it "Other factors" so we don't drag our dirty laundry all over the eve thread. Then this beautiful war cropped up. A lot of folks out there think that goons in general are hating this war. I'd argue that some of the people attached to us likely are. But I love it. It's about loving time.

MiniLuv, reavers, HS. Yup, there certainly are not sigs that go out and do poo poo during peace time.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

Truthfully I think this fall for GSF is probably the best thing. The numbers losses from GSF and gains to TEST et al are pretty obviously fair weather whatevers and the whole Imperium had become classically bloated as alliances tend to. Imperium policy of rewarding alliances for their participation and effort with additional space probably led to fairly aggressive recruiting practices.

Now hopefully the Imperium will be trimmer, and with some slight tweaks to fozzie sov we might see some balkanization of Eve so that there are more small wars and less ludicrous galactic conflicts where one side is totally outclassed.

Do you think we're going to tighten our shot groups afterwards? Maybe do some wulfpax while we're at it?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DisgracelandUSA posted:

He's specifically talking about Space Violence, TopGoon, FreedomSquad, Reavers. MiniLuv is a SIG and operates 24/7, peacetime or war time (the killing is good when everyone is red); Reavers is mostly dead, or is on a deployment-only thing (only active when deployed). The only other current SIGs are Bomberwaffe and EG AFAIK (edit -- and BlackOps). The only currently active squads are Theta and Space Violence, and I think Space Violence is less differentiated from peace time Main Fleet at the moment, while Theta is far more social than anything else unless you're inspectah-deklein crew or whatever they call it now.

It's actually pretty sad imo. When I got into Goonwaffe, it felt a lot like a "big college" atmosphere. Tons of people that all blend into one face, but there were clubs and intramural sports for people that wanted to do different stuff. I spent my first 6 months trying out each of the Squads to figure out what I liked. I got my first podkill with TopGoon camping Delve; I experienced my first drunk FC with a midnight roam by Dod Kalm in Space Violence. SUAS yelled at me for not being able to fly T2 Logi after I'd been playing for a month, and I did something with Freedom Squad once upon a time before settling into MiniLuv.

There's not really that diversity of activities to do anymore. But rightfully so. Running a SIG/Squad is a fuckton of work and the only reason MiniLuv is still standing is because of Warr, Me and our ridiculously large (12) team of leadership people running fleets, generating content, helping with logistics and generally hyping the line.

If people want, I'll sperg more, but it's really hard, especially in those first 6 months. It took me from November '14 until about April '15 before I had settled into running MiniLuv and people had started trusting me as an FC and a leader.

What these posts boil down to is simply "the people I used to play with aren't doing stuff anymore, therefore there is nothing to do.".

You guys can move your goal posts all day long, but it all comes down to the fact there's plenty to do, and has been for quite a while.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Why should I explain how you can succeed when watching your entire coalition flop impotently around it's former space empire is all too enjoyable.

:ironicat:

I'm ironicating so hard right now.

P.S. We don't actually want to know your "grand plan" for use. We already have our plan, and considering the source it's far superior to "dude who doesn't know much about sov"'s plan.

We just wanted to know it so we could laugh about it mumble.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Helpimscared posted:

I re-subbed and now DOKDO is no longer in GSF

now wat

Lemba was bitter ex-girlfriend spy. Now it's D0KDO

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's funny to me how poorly our enemies can read maps.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Holy poo poo FCON left too? Details on it (eg.corp mail etc.)?

I did say that Grath loves to entosis and use his marauders.

Not all of them want to go into a hellwar. It's all good, no drama, some corps are coming to GSF. Sorry, no real drama. The only "drama" is some FCON dudes have to reapply to reavers when they settle.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

You know. When I coined the phrase "summer children for this conflict. I was not talking about MBC members who were about to be hellwar-ed. I was talking about Imperium members who joined after the Halloween war. Who came for the free sov in unassailable space. As opposed to the people who conquered that space and made it unassailable in the first place.

Sure, but the phrase also does describe members of the MBC who joined for the ~elite pvp~ dank frags too. Few people on either side have ever done something like this.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wasn't this what Endie and others were saying a while back but were laughed out of the room/told to leave/whatever it was that happened?

IIRC, it wasn't about rebuilding GSF or something. The thing that made people go "lol wut no" was wanting to belly up to Reddit and whore ourselves on their altar.

Denis posted:

not reform. There was other ceo's before and hopefully will be in future. Mittani was the best at keeping the empire runing smoothly all this years, i have my doubts about rebuilding it.

everyone can make his own opinions, i would actually like to see a proper GoonSswarm rise again, and less of the imperium crap.

You can have your own opinion, but it's based on lies told by hypocritical redditor leadership and is stupid. The Mittani is the one who rebuilt the entire thing after Kartoon hosed off with the wallet. So, yea.

Also, making GBS threads in their cereal is pretty goony. Especially the more the unwashed pubbie masses scream for his removal.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 13, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh man, remember during previous wars Xolve et al would be all "grr dirty blobbers". And we'd say "well, go make your own coalition then." And they'd go all "nooo my space honoeaur".

But no really guys, they know the secret to victory here.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sunber posted:

Yes because giving a send off to a home that goons have lived in for so long has no value whatsoever, nope, none at all

Sort of the point you keep missing. We don't live in VFK.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

I don't think anyone thinks that you dummies

Except for all the people crowing about it saying literally the very thing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sunber posted:

We DID live in ya0 though and that's gone too you idiot

We did. A couple of months ago. Sorta moved since then.

But even given that, they still care more about VFK.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

mpaarating posted:

I think a lot can be extrapolated about people that aren't emotionally attached to previous imaginary home lands, but then again I'm no psychologist.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. Is it that since we don't care about VFK then we need to see profesional help?

I don't really know.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Haquer posted:

Hi everyone! :)
I quit playing eve a few years ago and was thinking about coming back to help goons!!

Anyone know if it's safe to undock in VFK-IV if I log back in? All my maelstroms are in there :xd:

Any help would be appreciated!

Just get yourself to Saranen. That's where fleets are coming from now.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Despera posted:

Now I just know you are trolling

THAT was the post that tipped you off?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

It's kinda weird that the cfc didn't lose a super fleet and was raking in crazy high income, yet somehow can't field 1000 supers

We didn't poach every super from our "allies". Nor did we aggresively recruit any retard who owned one.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

vyst posted:

Amok. Used to poach for anyone that could fly a cap or higher all the time. Allies and enemies

I make no claims on AM0K DOTTE.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Funny, they're all gone now. I just undocked my blops to move it down to somewhere more useful.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Regrettable Drunk posted:

Full disclosure: I am in the MBC.

I've been watching the fireside chats and stuff and it seems just so super serious the entire time. I get both sides are spinning but it seems that pastebin logs leaked etc make it seem really nasty. Is this how it really is? What is it actually like playing?

Also, the whole kill yourself comment, I only found out from Sapporo that guy it was directed against actually said he found it funny, how come this is still being brought up? Surely you just link the part where the guy said he found it funny and then the people white knighting for somebody that doesn't care about it. I also heard how badly shat on Mittens got because the press linked his RL name all over the place and if you looked him up that's all you got as the first results. Like the Eve community thinking you are awful is okay but it's not cool when it starts to follow you outside of that. Is this general knowledge to people?

Because it's not about the guy who was told to kill himself. It's all about the narrative of sociopathic egocentric horny white boy life style. Pesky facts or context or the fact that their own leaders do the very same thing repeatedly to their own members has gently caress all to do with it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Are you wearing your YachtFleet Lifestyle shirt to FanFest?

I hate flying, not going to fanfest. I also hate boats. Big red ones or ones that go on water.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Coalitions shouldn't be able to hold 5-6 regions of space.

This is exactly what you are trying to do though. So, which is it?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So he got kicked for goonfucking because he publicly got pissy over dumb poo poo and publicly talked about potential to goonfuck in a way so blatant it's literally the opposite of what an actual goonfucker would do?

This is not a new thing. If you start going "wow, look at all this poo poo I could totally steal if I wanted to", there is a non-zero chance you're probably gonna steal something. We've always done this to directors who start doing this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

Tell you what friend, how about I don't pretend to know the motivations of your spaceship group, if you do the same?

Because you're wrong, but I don't really feel like dredging through the details.

You very frequently attribute motiviations and goals to us that aren't true. So, hey, if you want to start doing that that would be interesting. And even if you did start (you won't), that doesn't make me wrong.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

maybe the current leadership will just step back and allow for some organizational renewal?

probably the best thing for GSF would be getting some new people and ideas since the organization has kind of atrophied, and the ~old guard~ might not be so interested anymore?

The old guard is flying out of the woodwork.

So, no. We aren't going to gently caress up our working system because you guys can't end us. We're good. Thanks for your concern tho.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SperginMcBadposter posted:

If having your entire group crumple like it has in this war is a "working system", I'd hate to see what a broken system looks like. :allears:

We aren't crumpling. Hence all this effort to try and get us to just give up.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Oh are you not staged out of saranen then?

Have been since the latest update made it the best place to stage from.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dragonstalking posted:

Unlike the CFC, differing opinions aren't an automatic :commissar:

This....what?

You think we only make pegging jokes in this thread he barely reads?

I mean, reddit is specifically designed to remove differing opinions. And somehow it's us that does that?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

School Nickname posted:

Things I did today instead of responding to spergs sperging the gently caress out in SA over lack of GSF supers being fed to RestofEVE.jpg en masse:

-Failed to jerk off to a MILF camwhore on chaturbate, because the site crashed.
-Played Dark Souls III, shamefully asked for help for the second boss, got assraped by the third.
-Insulted a goon mistaking his posting in Elysium for one of an FCON member. We agreed to dodge the dogshit PL camp at saranen and duel at the sun in rifters. Honor was satisfied.

I still say Dark Souls III is a lovely game. Though I agree, honoeur was satisfied.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I don't think you "get" the grr sentiment.

Edit: If this is it being Mishandled, what would it be like if it was just handled? Or handled well?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Or, and stick with me cause the math is hard here, the subreddit in question is more making GBS threads on them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That would more be MySpace I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hubbl3 posted:

Why not just remove your roles and call it a day. Seriously. A line member can't do much damage to GSF in any form and kicking you does not prevent you from talking to people/other directors and maybe convince them to go goonfucking (not saying you intended to do this). This seems to me like an huge overreaction to a fairly minor incident. But what do I know as a small F1 Monkey.

It's not really an over reaction. Or at least, it's a normal over reaction. Whenever someone goes all "gee, would be a shame if someone stole all this stuff" this is exactly what happens. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last.

• Locked thread