Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Admoon posted:

If you go to Gamestop's website without adblocker you see a big ad for FFXV and it says it's for PC. Hope they actually announce that soon.

:peanut:

I'm gonna buy FFXV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Looks like the first FF game to be worth a drat since 7. I'm sorta pumped.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm a real rear end in a top hat about English voice acting so I hope the quality of the first demo isn't too indicative of the final product

Specifically everyone except Noctis sounded like a cartoon pro wrestling version of themselves. I know it's a ridiculous anime game, and that their characters are an exaggerated one note for a good reason, but you gotta tone that poo poo down in English man unless you want to be one of these dubs where the girls are making these implausibly high pitched high energy voices like they're trying to match the Japanese counterpart as opposed to translating it for a different culture

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Looks like the first FF game to be worth a drat since 7. I'm sorta pumped.

Actually 9, 10, 10-2, 14 (if you like that sort of thing) and Lightning Returns are all worth a drat, also a bunch of spin offs since 7 came out 20 years ago.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually 9, 10, 10-2, 14 (if you like that sort of thing) and Lightning Returns are all worth a drat, also a bunch of spin offs since 7 came out 20 years ago.

Not really, goon sir, not really.

haha, that japanese trailer is weirdly edited. The entire first third is the standard emotional japanese jibberjabber with clenched fists and "ITS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY DAD!!" followed by boilerplate latin chanting

the last part of the trailer isn't half bad, except for the chocobo warbling of Florence's voice

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 31, 2016

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Okay, this poo poo has an anime, a movie, and a $270 collectors version? :wtc:

Sakurazuka posted:

Everyone should play lightning returns

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ghostinmyshell posted:

I can't put my finger on it, but I really don't like the combat in this game. Hold O and fall asleep. And I'm that guy who liked 11 and 13's combat systems :smith:

I feel like if Lightning Returns is any indication the combat is actually going to be Really Good with the "hold down button to consume ATB and attack" method of combat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm a real rear end in a top hat about English voice acting so I hope the quality of the first demo isn't too indicative of the final product

Specifically everyone except Noctis sounded like a cartoon pro wrestling version of themselves. I know it's a ridiculous anime game, and that their characters are an exaggerated one note for a good reason, but you gotta tone that poo poo down in English man unless you want to be one of these dubs where the girls are making these implausibly high pitched high energy voices like they're trying to match the Japanese counterpart as opposed to translating it for a different culture

Have you never played a Final Fantasy game with voice acting before? They're all like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Demo's up on the EU store

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Everyone should play lightning returns

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

Honestly, the japanese voice acting seems pretty bad itself; over the top arguments and melodrama. I'm actually cool with pro wrestler stereotype voices

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
It's weird being mildly interested in Final Fantasy again after two decades of disappointment.

Or to put it another way: We're now at a point in the series where an anime road trip sounds like a step in the right direction.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

We're now at a point in the series where an anime road trip sounds like a step in the right direction.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This game is exciting to me because it looks (almost) nothing like anything I've associated Final Fantasy with for the past decade.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My heart was limit broken by a severe lack of Eclair "Lightning" Farron already.

This game could be okay though

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This game is exciting to me because it looks great.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

My heart was limit broken by a severe lack of Eclair "Lightning" Farron already.

This game could be okay though

It's ok there's FFXIII music on the radio of the flying car.

Terper posted:

This game is exciting to me because it looks great.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Hey, so the game wiki says FF15 is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis, which is a subseries containing all the FF13s. Should I be worried? Will I need to know what happened in the FF13s?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's FFXIII music on YouTube.
I want fresh Lightning.

Which video was the one with the flying car, anyway? I didn't catch that bit when I watched them earlier. I don't have access to a PS4 to play the demo right now.

Donnerberg posted:

Hey, so the game wiki says FF15 is part of Fabula Nova Crystallis, which is a subseries containing all the FF13s. Should I be worried? Will I need to know the lore of the FF13s?

It started as vs 13, which was Fabula Nova Cystallis, but it isn't anymore so no, you won't.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Okay, that's terrific. Thanks!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The flying car was at the tail end of the final trailer at the end of the event.

Which was a pretty amazing reveal just for being something they kept secret until now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Which video was the one with the flying car, anyway? I didn't catch that bit when I watched them earlier. I don't have access to a PS4 to play the demo right now.

The japanese Uncovered trailer with english subtitles. It's not as good as the english Reclaim Your Throne trailer, but it shows more general docile world stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, I'll go look at the flying car.

e:
It was good

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 31, 2016

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

There's FFXIII music on YouTube.
I want fresh Lightning.

Dissidia Arcade should be on home consoles either this holiday or early next year

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Any sign of Justice Monsters Five on app stores yet?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The FF Portal thing had a link for it but it just took me to some weird third-party preregister site???

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Played the short demo. I accidentally respawned the boss and got my face kicked in.

Carbuncle is adorable. I named mine Kisses.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

RatHat posted:

Have you never played a Final Fantasy game with voice acting before? They're all like that.
Wasn't FF12 pretty decent?

10 was awful.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
7 hours passed, still no confirmation email nor added to "your orders" list

cant stop worrying :(

i have the .50 charge for 2 copies. gently caress. so i cant cancel one.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 31, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

ufarn posted:

Wasn't FF12 pretty decent?

10 was awful.

they were both good and enjoyable, gamer

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He meant voice acting.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Tae posted:

He meant voice acting.

i enjoyed the voice acting of Finairu Fantajii X and am not insulting his opinion

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Just finished the demo, and was there any point in the game that managed to hit 30 FPS? For a tech demo, it sure was a slog. Not much voice acting in it, but looks like I'll be able to switch between languages whenever I want anyway.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

ufarn posted:

Just finished the demo, and was there any point in the game that managed to hit 30 FPS? For a tech demo, it sure was a slog. Not much voice acting in it, but looks like I'll be able to switch between languages whenever I want anyway.

Yeah the demo was super sluggish both in framerate and in gameplay. Really pretty game but it's hard to appreciate it when the frames are chugging along.

I'm not sure why the combat feels so slow and unresponsive considering how much time they've spent perfecting the formula in the Kingdom Hearts games. BBS/DDD feel so much more fluid in comparison to this demo, kinda disappointing, if not too surprising.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bland posted:

Yeah the demo was super sluggish both in framerate and in gameplay. Really pretty game but it's hard to appreciate it when the frames are chugging along.

I'm not sure why the combat feels so slow and unresponsive considering how much time they've spent perfecting the formula in the Kingdom Hearts games. BBS/DDD feel so much more fluid in comparison to this demo, kinda disappointing, if not too surprising.

the combat is pretty fun in final fantasy xv episode duscae.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Timespan between the release of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy VII = 3,332 days.

Timespan between the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (formerly known as Versus XIII) and its release date = 3,798 days.

10 years, 4 months, 22 days

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I am going to buy a PS4 to play this game. I just hope that the Playstation 4.5 comes out either before or soon after FFXV releases because I would rather buy that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

I am going to buy a PS4 to play this game. I just hope that the Playstation 4.5 comes out either before or soon after FFXV releases because I would rather buy that.

The guy who posted that huge PS4.5k detail leak said they were optimistically aiming for Q1 2017 for it, so I think this is doubtful.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

univbee posted:

The guy who posted that huge PS4.5k detail leak said they were optimistically aiming for Q1 2017 for it, so I think this is doubtful.

I see. I don't know anything about this leak. I am more patient than most gamers and I am willing to wait until Christmas but not sure about Q1 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's also probably not true so there's that too

• Locked thread