Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Xad posted:

Nah it does say that in the demo, that's how I figured out that you could lock-on.

Well gently caress me, I'm just blind and figured it was missing like the rest of the poo poo that's missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Terper posted:

Later combat in the game will (is supposed to) look something like this.

Well at least it looks like the coolest thing ever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spells doing environmental changes real-time is a thing I hope all video games can eventually achieve.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Breath of Fire 2 did that in like 1994 :rolleyes:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Edit: Deleted

I misread the quote.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 1, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Uh, Tabata is not the one stating that they have no idea how much it has cost, that was the site.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Ah, I read it too quickly. Sorry, my head has been cloudy all day today. I still wouldn't read into that figure very much though.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I posted these in the megathread because I was reminded there that I wanted to make them but they belong here too

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

AlphaKretin posted:

I posted these in the megathread because I was reminded there that I wanted to make them but they belong here too

He's not wrong. Lettuce on a burger is terrible.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Only if you don't have mayonaisse or somethin' dress that poo poo up

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I like lettuce, it adds crunch and moisture. I'm all about the classic cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, and relish.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Only if you don't have mayonaisse or somethin' dress that poo poo up

bloodychill posted:

I like lettuce, it adds crunch and moisture. I'm all about the classic cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, and relish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5QlYztb5Mw&t=307s

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I played the Platinum demo and it was fun to mess with the lighting and weather effects and turn into cars and monsters and poo poo and play around with the new "magic" system and appreciate the scenery. Then I fought the Iron Giant a bunch of times to try and improve. No, the fighting wasn't as deep in most of the demo as in Duscae, but man, with all the complaining people have been doing about the demo you'd think it insulted their moms. But maybe I'm just easily amused.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Flip phones look way more futuristic than smart phones

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not really.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

Not really.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those slide down ones from The Matrix are still the future

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Motto posted:

Not really.

Yeah fuckin really.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Flip phones look way more awesome than smart phones

ftfy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kNTfS4320

https://i.imgur.com/Ih0llZ1.webm

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 2, 2016

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I got knocked under the world in the demo and a message box popped up with something like "Talk about a limit break. Returning you to solid ground." Transitioning to Carbuncle's Ruby Light cutscene must have messed it up in the gif.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah I got hit by the Iron Giant once and I guess he must've been hitting pretty hard because Noctis got embedded into the ground like a nail. Then that "talk about a limit break!" message came back and I was warped back to near the entrance of the room.
I can't remember the last AAA game where this didn't happen to me at least once though

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's weird to watch this now and see how much different the game is, and yet how much is still pretty much the same.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 2, 2016

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I got two things from rewatching that Versus trailer: the old battle portraits were hilarious, and also that the last ten years must've been pretty weird for the JP voice actors. They were getting called in every other year or so for quite a while just to voice excerpts from a constantly changing script until development got properly on track a couple years ago.

e: Though speaking of old trailers, the oddest thing is that stuff seems to have significantly changed even from the 2013 re-announcement. Looking back, it's a bunch of scrapped Versus-era CG alongside possibly-prerendered gameplay that's incompatible with the current version of the story.

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 2, 2016

HHammond
Dec 25, 2011
I haven't really been paying that much attention to FFXV. Are these four guys the only playable characters in the game or are they going to reveal more later?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HHammond posted:

I haven't really been paying that much attention to FFXV. Are these four guys the only playable characters in the game or are they going to reveal more later?

You only directly control Noctis and as far as we can tell so far your party is always the bros.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HHammond posted:

They're the four main characters, but Noctis is the only one you play as.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's weird to watch this now and see how much different the game is, and yet how much is still pretty much the same.

Yeah. Etro is scrapped, that whole sequence in the city is scrapped, Stella is scrapped, I haven't heard much of anything of the "eyes that see the light of expiring souls" lately (and I don't remember seeing anything of the Plague mentioned in the earlier trailers), Regis declaring that he will be the last king seems contrary with what he says in the latest trailer, so on and so forth.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

As far as it's possible to tell just from the trailers, it appears the only things that survived from Versus are some of the character designs and names, the modern fantasy theme, and the Lucis-Niffelheim conflict.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't forget the road trip. That was revealed to be what the game was about before we even knew the protagonist's name.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The magic in this game is so pretty, it's a shame that the limited use aspect probably is gonna bring out my inner hoarder.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Motto posted:

I got two things from rewatching that Versus trailer: the old battle portraits were hilarious, and also that the last ten years must've been pretty weird for the JP voice actors. They were getting called in every other year or so for quite a while just to voice excerpts from a constantly changing script until development got properly on track a couple years ago.

e: Though speaking of old trailers, the oddest thing is that stuff seems to have significantly changed even from the 2013 re-announcement. Looking back, it's a bunch of scrapped Versus-era CG alongside possibly-prerendered gameplay that's incompatible with the current version of the story.

It fits in with the timeline that real development only started a couple years ago when Tabata took over.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caidin posted:

The magic in this game is so pretty, it's a shame that the limited use aspect probably is gonna bring out my inner hoarder.

Yeah, the second magic had limitations in the demo I mentally went "RIP Magic" and have now steeled myself for never using it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

Yeah, the second magic had limitations in the demo I mentally went "RIP Magic" and have now steeled myself for never using it.

I'd like it better if it wasn't bound to the same "wheel" as your weapons. Like maybe hold a trigger to change to a magic palette or something, iunno.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The "?" panel at the end of the town area gave you like 5 of every consumable you had found, and it wasn't hard to reset it. I don't know if that's what the actual game will be like, but having a relatively easy way to refill your cast uses would make actually using those abilities more appealing.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If only they could come up with some sort of renewable resource system that limited how many times (or at least how rapidly) you could use magic during battles, without making it feel like a consumable item

Some kind of points for magic

Schwartzcough posted:

The "?" panel at the end of the town area gave you like 5 of every consumable you had found, and it wasn't hard to reset it. I don't know if that's what the actual game will be like, but having a relatively easy way to refill your cast uses would make actually using those abilities more appealing.

I'm only a little ashamed to admit I reset that and used Meteorain over and over to wipe the enemies to see if something happened when you hit 500 "XP"

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah fuckin really.

Perhaps you misunderstand.
They actually do not.
I hope this helps you to be less stupid in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Barudak posted:

Eh, if magic has a limited number of uses per engagement (think how Duscae's engagements work where it ends when all the monsters are dead) and then you got all the uses back, I think it'd work just fine.

• Locked thread