Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

Noctis: Wake up. Doze off again. Repeat until something explodes or Gladio picks up him bodily and shakes him awake. Stagger to car, followed by mid-morning nap.

Ignis: None. Wakes up immaculately coiffed.

Gladio: Barbell Bench Press, 6 x 12. Tricep dips, 4 x 10. Wide-grip pull ups, 4 x 6. Deadlift the car when no one's looking. Cooldown pushups. Stare longingly at photograph of Cindy.

Prompto: Spontaneously combusts face while trying to brush teeth.

This is awesome and I am going to pretend that this is real no matter what the actual game throws at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oxxidation posted:

Noctis: Wake up. Doze off again. Repeat until something explodes or Gladio picks up him bodily and shakes him awake. Stagger to car, followed by mid-morning nap.

Ignis: None. Wakes up immaculately coiffed.

Gladio: Barbell Bench Press, 6 x 12. Tricep dips, 4 x 10. Wide-grip pull ups, 4 x 6. Deadlift the car when no one's looking. Cooldown pushups. Stare longingly at photograph of Cindy.

Prompto: Spontaneously combusts face while trying to brush teeth.

This will be the entire contents of a future episode of Brotherhood.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Who does Gladio get to spot for him?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Who does Gladio get to spot for him?

Titan, who else.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxxidation posted:

Titan, who else.

:golfclap:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Here is a translated Tabata interview that took place recently. I can't vouch for the translation because I am a filthy American who doesn't know any Japanese.

quote:

Q: Will the weapons have status effect on them, for example, attack or defence?
A: There will be yes.

Q: Is the theme song, 'stand by me' the same for Japan and the West?
A: We are using the same song.

Q: So, Florence and the Machine was chosen, but who else was considered?
A: There were a lot of people considered but we cant tell you who they are.

Q: Where are the moogles?
A: They are in the game, we made a reasonable way of putting them in the game.

Q: Where are the tonberries?
A: I don't think there are any tonberries in the game.

Q: When driving or flying, will there be any load screens?
A: Nope, no load screens

Q: How many summons are there going to be?
A: I cant tell you

Q: How many Final Fantasy songs are there going to be available on the radio?
A: We haven't made the final decision yet, there are quite a few

Q: Lots of different games?
A: Yes, that's right, we will try put in as many as we can

Q: How did you decide to make the car, the airship?
A: So we thought it would be a really good idea, for the car, that's your faithful companion along the whole of your journey to be the way to travel around the sky

Q: What support or advice has sakaguchi given you?
A: Since we have release of the first demo, He's told me a lot of his opinions and advice, I've been taught a few things by him. He's supported me in a lot of things actually.

Q: Who is the lady with the helmet in the Kingsglaive trailer?
A: I can't tell you, yet! Please wait a little while.

Q: Will there be a new game plus mode?
A: Yep, we have one of those.

Q: What is the title of your favourite song in the Final Fantasy 15 soundtrack?
A: I've got a favourite song from there, but it hasn't actually got a title yet, so i cant tell you what it is, I'll let you know once we have a proper title, please ask me again next time

Q: The Justice Monsters app, will that in any way connect with the game on the console
A: We are currently trying to have the rankings from both of them shared. So the idea is that you will play for a little bit at a time in the main game on the console, --'cant make out what he said' --

Q: How many copies does Final Fantasy 15 need to sell for you guys to considerate a success?
A: Over the whole lifetime, 10 million copies

Q:Will the game have a photo mode?
A: Prompto will take the photos for you.

Q: So will you be able to turn off the display and take beautiful photos to share?
A: I've had a lot of advice and talk about this, we are looking into maybe doing that, at the moment it's just Prompto, he just takes the pictures for you, of what he thinks is going to be good. We weren't aware of that issue there, so we will try find some way around that to deliver this mode we want to give to players

Q: In that second Japanese trailer, is that old guy, Cid?
A: I think that was Cid, yes

Q: Cindy's dad?
A: He's her grandfather

Q: Will there be any kind of chocobo training, for example, to jump higher in the world?
A: They probably wont be reach secret areas, but there is a system there to enchance the abilites of your chocobos, i think you have to feed them some very tasty greens, its the exactly the same as the food system, it's to make them stronger.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tabby posted:

Q:Will the game have a photo mode?
A: Prompto will take the photos for you.

Oh god, I hope Prompto taking pictures is dynamic.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, girl Cid is no longer the real Cid? Lame.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah, did that mobile game come out yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can't wait for the quest where the team runs out of hair gel so they have to hunt for more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wasn't that always the case? Like she's the new Cid in the Cid family but another member of the family shows up as well.

I vaguely recall them saying that she wasn't the Cid to begin with and the other relative (Grandpa) was the Cid too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 5, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This was stated all the way back at the release of the original Duscae demo, which was what, a year ago?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

This was stated all the way back at the release of the original Duscae demo, which was what, a year ago?

Guess I missed that. Oh well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think Cidney is a better girl cid name than Cindy

also I hope they have a total conversion gender-swap DLC

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

Oh god, I hope Prompto taking pictures is dynamic.

If we get to control the camera, there better be a selfie mode

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

VibrantPareidolia posted:

If we get to control the camera, there better be a selfie mode

loving yes. Wind Waker was improved a million times by selfies and it was an amazing game to start with. If XV has Prompto selfies that I can actually upload places I will lose my poo poo.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

MarquiseMindfang posted:

loving yes. Wind Waker was improved a million times by selfies and it was an amazing game to start with. If XV has Prompto selfies that I can actually upload places I will lose my poo poo.

Only if you can select from multiple silly facial expressions like you can in Wind Waker

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Wasn't that always the case? Like she's the new Cid in the Cid family but another member of the family shows up as well.

I vaguely recall them saying that she wasn't the Cid to begin with and the other relative (Grandpa) was the Cid too.

She's the Cid of the XV generation, Regis's generation had Old Man Cid as their Cid. And so lived the long line of Cids'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Those guys are something awful' - Cindy, FF XV

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://u.pomf.is/fzzgln.pdf

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

This is very good to read.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8kTRv4l3o

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Game Informer: Final Fantasy XV 20 page size 40 font blowout!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

That is so ridiculously appropriate, I wonder what other licensed music they have in game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Real life song in FFXV... Lightning lives in France now...

LIGHTNING
CONFIRMED FOR
FINAL FANTASY XV

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Sakurazuka posted:

'Those guys are something awful' - Cindy, FF XV

Truly, they were...a Final Fantasy 15.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noctis is the oldest FF protagonist :psyduck:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

How old?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's 22. 1 year older than Cloud and Lightning.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Terper posted:

He's 22. 1 year older than Cloud and Lightning.

Well, since Balthier was the protagonist of FF12 this is all wrong :can:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Well, since Balthier was the protagonist of FF12 this is all wrong :can:

Balthier is also 22 actually

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://gamestop.brightcove.com.edgesuite.net/694940074001/201604/1301/694940074001_4831362954001_4831315727001.mp4

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot BELIEVE how good that game looks, holy poo poo. There is something eternally mystifying about walking around and having giant monsters fly overhead. The Chocobo next to the car was a little jarring, but I think that's because I just haven't had a good Final Fantasy with magic and technology mixing in a way too long time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Look at that smooth rear end framerate. Look at that girly Tabata voice. This is shaping up to be such a good rear end game.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I'm actually starting to get really pumped for the final release. What I've read leads me to believe they might actually understand what makes a game fun.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I do like that they seem to have found the nice balance between "Open world do anything!" and "We're still telling a linear story here."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think the Platinum demo was definitely a rushed job in preparation for the event. Kinda a shame but whatever

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Augus posted:

I think the Platinum demo was definitely a rushed job in preparation for the event. Kinda a shame but whatever

Platinum Demo was a tech demo that was given to the public. "Look at all the things we have, walk around as the monsters, look at the different effects, change the day/night cycle" etc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wouldn't it have made more sense to put the tech demo with Type-0 and release the gameplay demo to the public instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

RatHat posted:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to put the tech demo with Type-0 and release the gameplay demo to the public instead?

Probably didn't have the Tech demo done then chief.

• Locked thread