Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

esperterra posted:

Oh, they just patched some story stuff about Astrals into chapter 12, I guess.

They sure cranked the melodrama up to ridiculous levels, and it doesn't really fix the issue of Luna dying before you get to know her, and it kinda kills the pacing, but but I'll take it! The soundtrack is on point, as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZEu3zVv5QM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I'm going to load it up later and check it out. I'm down with them adding more story content, I figured they were done with that and focusing on post game stuff at this point. Just wish it was story content about ... idk, anything else. The war of the Astrals stuff is a fuzzy and vague, sure, but not knowing their history doesn't bother me as much as the other gaps in the plot.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not just about the Astrals, so you're in luck! Actually, I have one problem with the new scene. It's an altered and extended existing scene, and they unfortunately cut one of my favorite lines. That's too bad. They could have kept it and it still would have fit the scene. The "It's so hard, it must have been hard for you as well" line.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 29, 2017

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I played this game at release, I didn't get too far into it(the area after the first desert area). I think mostly because I got distracted, but I'm curious if it's been improved much or not. Worth giving another shot?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

If only because the resale value is mediocre

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I played this game at release, I didn't get too far into it(the area after the first desert area). I think mostly because I got distracted, but I'm curious if it's been improved much or not. Worth giving another shot?

Don't. Not yet at least. For some reason Square has the intention of fixing the game one patch at a time and they recently announced they'll be working on the game for the entire year 2018 at least.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The gameplay is basically the same as before, and won't be changed, so go for it if you enjoyed the game. You can get an upgrade for your car that let's you go off road, though.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm not a fan if the drip feed update strategy. None of the individual updates are enough to make you go "yes I should replay this" but instead I just feel more inclined to play it sometime in 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah they should've pulled an FF14 on this and just rereleased it. I like that it's all free updates though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
But now I'm caught in the middle. I was stoked to just wait and buy the full version when they drop it on PC but apparently that port will suck so maybe it's not worth waiting?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The port isn't even close to done, just give them some time an-

Oh my god time is a circle

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nina posted:

I'm not a fan if the drip feed update strategy. None of the individual updates are enough to make you go "yes I should replay this" but instead I just feel more inclined to play it sometime in 2018

Same, I think I'll enjoy it more if I wait for the content updates to all be finished up so I can play them all together, rather than coming back every month or so for only 30 minutes of additional content.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Episode Ignis trailer dropped yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfyMzP5R3HE

And now we know why he went blind.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TopHatGenius posted:

Episode Ignis trailer dropped yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfyMzP5R3HE

And now we know why he went blind.

So what is all the stuff with the initial attack that got consigned to the movie now going back into the game?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So what is all the stuff with the initial attack that got consigned to the movie now going back into the game?

What?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I cant remember. Why did he get blinded again

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I cant remember. Why did he get blinded again

Never explained in the game, but it's right there in the trailer. He puts on the ring.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'd really love for them to finish the game so that I can give it its one playthrough (I bought it at release and then got about halfway through before they announced their patching plans) and put it to bed. There're too many games out there to play a 60+ hour RPG more than once.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
that will probably be in 2019 or something,

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
After the Ignis DLC drops, I'm thinking of doing my second full playthough of the game. I feel like it's mostly complete at that point.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there even any story based dlc known after episode Ignis drops? I've been waiting for all the story dlc to finish before I play the game again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I thought they said they're supporting the game through 2018, so I would expect more free little story patches to come out. Maybe even another DLC set after Ignis and the multiplayer expansion.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think the World of Ruin is coming sometime after Ignis' DLC.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gologle posted:

I think the World of Ruin is coming sometime after Ignis' DLC.

Yeah, but not too far after.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also decently certain that they're going to do some Ardyn and Luna stuff.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh, plus adding playable Aranea and Cor and Iris.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at this single player games MMO release model. I look forward to buying this game in a year on PC

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The city being initially attacked like in the first of the newer E3 trailers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do you ever out-level the empire drops that dropships drop off in the world? I'm level 16 and it drops off a thousand level 16 troops, all with machine guns, that drop my entire party in less than three seconds. Now I'm stuck because the Regalia is next to a swarm of the things. Can you drive past them manually? Ignis just stops the car like a loving moron.

This is some real good design, Square.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is this game finished yet

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Jimbot posted:

Do you ever out-level the empire drops that dropships drop off in the world? I'm level 16 and it drops off a thousand level 16 troops, all with machine guns, that drop my entire party in less than three seconds. Now I'm stuck because the Regalia is next to a swarm of the things. Can you drive past them manually? Ignis just stops the car like a loving moron.

You can. Bear in mind it's one of the first difficult fights in the game. A lot of folks struggle with it. Gotta attack the flanks, pick enemies intelligently, using items and magic if needed. If you really need to, just get the Regalia towed at a gas station and engage these guys after you've leveled a bit.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

Jimbot posted:

Craft some dual/triple magic spells and drop them on the troops as soon as they finish landing. If anyone survives it becomes mopping up after that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lucas Archer posted:

Craft some dual/triple magic spells and drop them on the troops as soon as they finish landing. If anyone survives it becomes mopping up after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLwql4aps-o

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Norns posted:

Is this game finished yet

It looks about 2/3rds finished to me

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

isk posted:

You can. Bear in mind it's one of the first difficult fights in the game. A lot of folks struggle with it. Gotta attack the flanks, pick enemies intelligently, using items and magic if needed. If you really need to, just get the Regalia towed at a gas station and engage these guys after you've leveled a bit.

It's just the random dropship enemies that apparently show up if you stay in an area for too long. It's making hunting and doing anything in the open world a real chore. I'll try the magic thing but if they're machine gun troops, they have a million mile range and they constantly stun-lock Noctis, so I can't even engage them. The melee ones are a bit more manageable because I can at least get close to them.

I don't like this at all. Game was fine until it introduced this stupid element that feels like it's the antithesis to open-world design. It's like if aliens developed an open world game after watching one being played on youtube.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I remember back when FFXV first came out, some people complained that they were being jumped every other minute

I never experienced that in my playthrough then

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

That stupid limitation on hunts you can have active at one time is being lifted with this month's update, making them less horribly tedious. Update's dropping Friday for PS4

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

melodicwaffle posted:

That stupid limitation on hunts you can have active at one time is being lifted with this month's update, making them less horribly tedious. Update's dropping Friday for PS4

Halfway there. The other half would be allowing you to accept/turn in hunts from your car.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

melodicwaffle posted:

I used to think people were being hyperbolic back when this game first came out when they said they'd rather wait a year and buy the game in a more complete state, but it turns out they were right all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jimbot posted:

It's just the random dropship enemies that apparently show up if you stay in an area for too long. It's making hunting and doing anything in the open world a real chore. I'll try the magic thing but if they're machine gun troops, they have a million mile range and they constantly stun-lock Noctis, so I can't even engage them. The melee ones are a bit more manageable because I can at least get close to them.

I don't like this at all. Game was fine until it introduced this stupid element that feels like it's the antithesis to open-world design. It's like if aliens developed an open world game after watching one being played on youtube.

Just craft magic grenades like someone else said. I'm almost certain that's what they were designed for.

• Locked thread