Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes I forget the Xbone is actually out because I feel like the only place I've ever heard talk of it was on these forums.

Apparently you've been able to buy one for 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Augus posted:

Holy poo poo I think Final Fantasy XV might actually be coming out

Lol this post just jinxed it. Moving it back to February now!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Erebus posted:

Has anyone else preordered the physical edition at Amazon and gotten a delivery date of Dec. 2 - 6? Prime 2-day shipping wasn't even an option. I don't know if it's something that will just update automatically when it gets closer or whether I should give up and just buy it locally.

I just cancelled my Amazon physical copy and reordered it and it says release day shipping.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If you want to save $60 play the Platinum demo cause you aren't gonna want to buy the game after that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Where's my Kanami stand-alone game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I cannot believe Cidney was secretly a time-travelling chocobo that somehow became human

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Die Sexmonster! posted:

"Or buy a chalkabo!"

Via

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I heard it's a 2 hour flash animated film and the only trophy is a platinum for watching the whole thing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The world calls for boy bands and we answered. No greater good. No just cause.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I've never gotten anything release day from Amazon. I just assumed it was a myth.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Traxis posted:

I've never NOT received something on release day, and that's on at least 20 preorders. I live like 20 miles from an Amazon warehouse though so that may have something to do with it. I usually get a shipment notification at 6 am and it is on my doorstep by 2 pm.

I will get a shipped notice either tonight or tomorrow morning, and my delivery will say Tuesday by 9 PM until like Thursday morning when it arrives.

One time, 5 years ago I ordered Mortal Kombat 9 and got a package on release day.

The package was a copy of Portal 2 for some reason. So close yet so far.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

LawfulWaffle posted:

If I went through the Amazon road trip "game", does the Redeem DLC button just give me a code for the PSN store? I finished it up but didn't collect the code because I figured without the game, why bother. But now it's almost here and I don't want to screw it up. I also haven't watched any of the Brotherhood animes yet. I'm a bad Final Fantasy fan. :(

The button is greyed out with text that says you literally cannot collect the code until the game is out so your guess is as good as anyones!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Augus posted:

Actually, Gladiolus
??

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
All of the textures for road signs, billboards, clothing, food, crap in the minimart, etc. are in English. So in the Japanese version is it just a ton of English text everywhere?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I like that all the story characters have names like Lunafreya Apollonia Vedalia and Gladiolas Ipsum Lorem and then all the NPCs I meet are just like "Cid" and "Dave"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RatHat posted:

Noctis and Lunafreya are royalty, while Cid and Dave are some dudes out in the boonies.

Plumpo Argentina isn't royalty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RatHat posted:

He's a bodyguard to the prince, he isn't some nobody.

He is a nobody though? Like, that's his backstory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cji-L0hu1Io

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

RatHat posted:

The recipes that require no ingredients are hilariously lazy. Just a piece of toast, that's it.

And then they complain about how all they had to eat was a piece of toast. You guys are lucky Donatello made anything for you at all!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ingis Sciencer gets an idea from having eaten roadside diner french fries. He quickly takes out his notebook and scribbles the rare delicacy 'french fries' in it, somehow never having heard of them before.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This lady is in the Insomnia guard and her name is...Monica.

I have no idea what the naming convention is anymore.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

lite_sleepr posted:

Where do I get mine? I pre ordered my copy.

The slip of paper in your box with the Masamune code on it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Please don't hate Michelangelo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
When will we get realistic women mechanics in my video games

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Senran Kagura had corrupted DLC panties that would gently caress up your game if you downloaded them for a bit. The most dangerous game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Eyyy ya gotta get me the gemstones, capisce?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Mamma mia that's a spicy gemstone

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I found Deadeye to be terrible to be hoenst. It's like 10 minutes of walking there, forced slow walking, forced slow crawling, cutscenes and chatter, and a stealth section while the entire time I'm thinking 'just let me stab this loving thing' and then you get dumped in an arena where you're allowed to... just stab the loving thing. I'd rather go find dog tag #153 than do that again.

I thought about just stabbing it during the stealth section but it was my sincerest fear that it would fail me or something and make me do all the crawling poo poo again.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

haris pilton posted:

I'm getting this game monday and I wonder if the japanese voice acting is better than the english va.

Actually the english acting is good, capisce?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

muscles like this! posted:

Is there a good way to know which items you get are okay for selling and which ones you need to keep for quests?

All items are for making your magic spells ~~hella rad~~

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The copycat king and his copycat chef.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Have you talked to people who actually played the game since they were 10? It sounds to me like you're thinking of people who go "oh man that plot is so complex I don't get it." Like even in the recent FFVII LP people's response was "oh, this makes a lot more sense that I remember, I just forgot about (X) (Y) and (Z)

I have a friend that replayed it when it came to PS4 last year(?) and it was the worst because he just rabidly held on to whatever dumb ideas his child brain made up 20 years ago and refused to, you know, read the text that is plainly on the screen. I could see a ~10 year old being confused by unreliable narrators or a shape-shifting alien taking on the antagonist's form or whatever, but this guy is in his 30's now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I finally decided to actually start advancing the story-line against the advice of literally every single person I have talked to about the game.

What button do I press to call-off my engagement to Moonlady so I can marry the more-armored Not-Eclair Highwind instead? Is it in like an alt control scheme or something?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ImpAtom posted:

Aranea would laugh in Noctis' face and then pants him.

Deservedly so

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

https://twitter.com/MerryKish/status/811663330725150720

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Terper posted:

Turn voice volume down to 0 while fishing for a 100% better experience

But we need to get to the bottom of whether His Majesty used to fish or not.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Did Gardenias just help an engaged man hit on his baby sister? The weirdest side quest so far.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Baron Corbyn posted:

Are the FFXIII sequels worth it? I traded the original in as soon as I finished it.

LR is dope if you actually want to engage with different weapons/garbs/building up abilities/understanding the combat. Spear beatdown into double finale jumps all day.

If you don't want to interact with any systems at all and just kind of hold attack buttons down through the game you'll probably find it terrible and it will take forever.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 28, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

MMD3 posted:

Is The Last Spiracorns hunt bugged for everyone? I played through the game and couldn't get them to spawn when I first got the quest so I had to go back much later. My friend is playing through the game now and same thing, they wouldn't spawn when he first attempted to find them.

I have probably 4+ hunts that are bugged at the moment and I think that is one? I know one is Hammer the Cannibals because the name stuck with me. One is inside the power plant where the enemies spawn but killing them does not give me credit and they don't come back. One is giant killer beetle things because I thought it was going to be bees and I looked it up on youtube to make sure I was in the right place and was like oh poo poo, I didn't want to fight those things anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Throw the Ghost Shuriken of the Dead Rogue King through their ranks like once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Doesn't the frog lady mention nights getting longer in like a level 4 quest or something

• Locked thread