Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

yay I won an anime booby skin for my car!!

It's so amazingly garish that I know I'll use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

It's weird to me to see new content DLC in a single player Final Fantasy game, but I am all for it if I end up enjoying this game.

By the names, I'm assuming they're side stories or epilogues about each of the main cast.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The game looks ugly as sin, but at least Noctis looks much improved after the time skip.

I don't think it looks THAT bad, but you can tell they've made some compromises to have the wide open world. Characters still look pretty great outside of a some goofy designs but those are par for the course for the series.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Honestly it doesn't sound like the open world stuff goes away. The story just becomes more focused.

The first half being about learning about the world and the second half being a more structured story about (presumably) saving it is a pretty well worn approach.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Terper posted:

Tabata has repeated time and again frame rate won't be an issue come release and hey I'll trust the guy

It won't be an issue because the PS4 Pro will be out.

I'm not being serious

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It was detailed somewhere.

It's two quest misc quest packs and three episodes, each focusing on a party member iirc.

Edit: nvm this is all we know http://www.cinemablend.com/games/1541609/final-fantasy-xv-has-a-season-pass-you-can-buy-but-theres-a-catch

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is the story at least better than XIII?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

VanillaGorilla posted:

edit: VVVVVV There are two major "towns". The rest is pretty much small outposts that are comprised of an "inn", maybe one or two shops, and which function as hubs pointing you to sidequests, etc. in the world. It's all set up to go with the road trip theme, so most of these are like gas stations and motor lodges.

And the DLC's confirmed to be adding at least one more major town hub.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Seeing that, I had to make this despite how cliche it is

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

You can start with Cold Steel 1 no problem, they're all in the same world, two non-localized ones take place the same TIME but for another culture and region. There's back-information and books in-game that give you a good idea of the world, history and setup.

Cold Steel spoils one big twist from the end of the first part of Sky but that's about it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately no.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

wizard on a water slide posted:

So they're exactly like US Amazon and Metacritic user reviews?

Somewhat worse. Otaku are extremely fickle.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Bought lunch meat at Cid's place. Ignis invented mystery meat sushi.

Game is great so far

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm not allowed to drive the car anymore :saddowns: The "manual" option is greyed out in the menu, which I assume is a bug and not intended since I was able to drive just fine earlier. (it may also be the result of me slightly crashing the car the one time I actually drove it, as I didn't expect it to be able to do a 90-degree turn in 0.02 seconds)

If you're where I think you are you'll have manual back after the next plot area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Terper posted:

e: some posts were eaten, I think.

Yeah. This happens when a thread gets too big.

• Locked thread