Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is going to be the greatest final fantasy since 12. So, pretty much just ignoring 13. I'm excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Lotta words for "I do not understand the meaning of the concept of being on par."

The phone call thing is something at least I brought up, I dunno if others did, and I called it a minor nitpick like it is. It has no real impact on the game in any largely appreciable manner other than taking you out of the moment a little. Intrusive graphics issues that create visual issues that people dislike are considerably more significant than convinient phone calls.

I realize I'm stepping in poo poo but... come on. Seriously. Every single game has graphical compromises. Whether it's LOD pop-in, reflections not being physically accurate, low quality shadow maps, low quality textures on some props, etc etc etc.

Come the gently caress on. It's a videogame. If the quality of reflections at particular angles is a "significant" issue to you, perhaps you should find a new hobby. Game development is all about making compromises in the name of performance. You seem like you don't fully understand that. There are absolutely zero games that have fully ray traced rendering with realtime photon mapping and there won't be any for a long time. Get a grip.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Seems like Square has really turned it around since FF 14 1.0 and FF13/13-2. I'm pretty drat excited about 15, and 14 is continuing to be pretty fun and interesting. I'm glad they're out of the loving trench.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

What time does this unlock on PSN? I'm trying to decide if I should keep my Amazon preorder or just buy it on PSN

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

RatHat posted:

So what's the consensus from people who have played XV? Good game?

It's FF15. They've been making it for 10 years. It stars a bad boyband. Of course it's the greatest game ever made -- how is this even a question?

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Can someone explain, in detail, how to make magic? I'm juuuust starting the game and I tried to make a spell and for whatever retarded reason I can't get it to work. I select the spell component (ice) at like 1x, any random thing in the bottom slot (a potion, say) and then.... what? None of the buttons seem to actually create it. I have a free slot so I don't know wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

This is the greatest game and anyone who doesn't think so is literally the worst. Yeah the story is nonexistent but it's a boyband road trip with an awesome combat system and absolutely ridiculous graphics. Also having every single FF's soundtracks as playable car music is just amazing.

• Locked thread